80 DAY WEIGHT LOSS QUESTION CHALLENGE! (text heavy)

Options

Replies

• scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    25. Today you will try a new smoothie. Find a new healthy recipe online and mix & match fruits and veggies and enjoy! But it must be totally new and adventurous!

This one's a little hard, I don't own a blender! And I really dint want to pay $5 for a caloric filled drink at the moment....
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    11. Today you will be cooking for your whole family. Find a healthy recipe online that they will also enjoy and show them how tasty healthy food can be!

Well I'm the only 2-legged family member in my household, so I made some chicken soup (chicken carcase, carrots, onions, leftover stock and water) and after straining it I gave my 4-legged babies the chicken meat, carrots and some of the stock for dinner. I now have 4 very happy babies around me snoring gently as they process their healthy, tasty dinner :heart:
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    16. Which part of your body do you wish to change the most and why?
    The bat wings I have under my arms, because they look weird in most womens shirts,

17. Do you have a special event/date you want to lose the weight for?
    Nope, other then I want kids

19. Are you losing weight the healthy (<2lbs/week) or the unhealthy (>2lbs/week) way?
    When I was losing weight it was the healthy way.

Skipped 18 because this is the end of my day.
  • mznortiz
    mznortiz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    neat!
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    4. Have a vegan day today. No meat, no eggs, no dairy, no animal products whatsoever. Give it a try!

Sorry, this is not for me.
  • minisumo
    Options
    12. What is your least favorite type of cardio?

I only run, swim and dance for cardio and I enjoy doing all three. I've never tried spinning and nor do I have the inclination to, so perhaps that's my least favourite.
  • scheatwood
    Options
    26. Do your friends know about you wanting to lose weight? Do they support you?

My friends? I don't think so, they all pretty much moved after high school so I dint talk to them much. My family does and my co-workers do, and they all support me. :)
  • jvinmill
    Options
    5. What is your favorite healthy food?

This tends to fluctuate over time. But, right now I am loving chicken and sweet potato drizzled with garlic yogurt dressing.
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    29. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?

189lbs. No. Eat less/cleaner, move more.
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    I'm going to skip ahead and answer this one straight away.... it's relevant to this very moment

27. Does your family support you in your weight loss? :

Sort of. My parents are divorced, and I've seen my dad once since starting, and my mom just kinda does her own thing. I tell her I want to buy something, i.e a different kind of milk or bread since it's healthier, then she will go off on me and start yelling about how theres no difference in milk or anything, making a big fuss about anything I say. Makes me want to ram her through the wall. And everybody else in our family is moved out or I don't talk to them at all. so I'm pretty much alone in this unless I go shopping with my mom, and I always wind up not getting what I wanted but something halfway there. It's extremely frustrating and the only thing holding me back from moving out of here and getting a job, ironically, is my weight. So I'm pretty much stuck.

:(
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    20. Who is your biggest weight loss inspiration and why?
    I don’t have one. I think having a goal of trying is my inspiration to keep going, but I don’t think there is any ONE who inspires me to keep on, I know I have relatives & friends who make me want to quite, but none that inspire.
  • minisumo
    Options
    13. What is your favorite type of strength exercise?

Nothing in particular, just anything that will give my arms definition (once I've lost more weight)
  • scheatwood
    Options
    27. Does your family support you in your weight loss?
    Yes, though I wish they'd join me.
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    30. Are you a vegan or a vegetarian?

Nope, neither of those. I like to have vegetarian days though and I make a lot of vegetarian soups and risottos :)
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    I've already done 1 and 27.... so time to start at 2.

2. Describe your dream/goal body.

I think I'm always going to be a rather "Big" guy. But I like it that way, I don't want to be too skinny. I want to be pretty athletic and always have my health for me, the way I'm headed is a good start for that.
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    21. Do you focus more on getting lean and mean or tiny and fragile?

If those are my options, lean and mean. I’d like to be toned regardless of my weight. My shoulders and legs are pretty good even though you can’t see any definition because of the extra padding. I don’t know how my abs are but they feel strong. I think my arms are my non-tones spot.
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    31. What are your favorite workout clothes you own?

Zumbawear :) I have two zumba vests and a pair of capris that were expensive but well worth the money.
  • jvinmill
    Options
    6. What is your favorite unhealthy food?

Vegetarian pizza I think would take the cake, but their are plenty of close seconds.
  • minisumo
    Options
    14. What is your least favorite type of strength exercise?

Shoulder press. They make me itch on the inside... very bizarre :noway:
  • scheatwood
    Options
    28. What is your favorite type of snack?

Raisins, grapes, strawberries, and everyone's fav chocolate!