80 DAY WEIGHT LOSS QUESTION CHALLENGE! (text heavy)

Options

Replies

• minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Completely failed at attempting to be vegan yesterday - had egg for brekkie, tuna for lunch and beef for dinner! But I still want to give it a try some time though. Or maybe just vegetarian - I can't do without my morning cuppa.

5. What is your favorite healthy food?

I honestly don't have a favourite, I love practically all food! But I hate cooking so let's say my favourite is something healthy that's been prepared by friends or family :)
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    18. Try to use as little salt as possible today or maybe even none! Don’t buy microwave meals and don’t eat foods high in sodium.
    Like I told my husband hen he told me he wants to cut salt out of his diet, it screws up what I plan to make for lunch. I will try for for as low as possible.
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    22. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?

I can't get to any scales today, I will have to edit my post on friday aha. Weigh in friday :)
  • shm1289
    shm1289 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I missed a few days so here's my questions!

4. Have a vegan day today. No meat, no eggs, no dairy, no animal products whatsoever. Give it a try! Whoops, didn't do this. Will give it a shot in a couple days though!

5. What is your favorite healthy food? Coconut Milk & Strawberries.

6. What is your favorite unhealthy food? Donuts & Cinnamon Rolls...I have been so tempted to have a doughnut lately but I've been good!

7. What is your least favorite healthy food? Unfortunately I don't like too many veggies, so probably either asparagus or celery.
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    10. Do you count calories? If so, what is your daily limit?
    Yes I TRY to count calories and I TRY to keep it around 2000/day,

13. What is your favorite type of strength exercise?
    Squats and dead man lifts, my legs are pretty good so they don’t hurt after those types of exercises.

12. What is your least favorite type of cardio?
    Running/jogging, I am flat footed to moving like that hurts not to mention uncoordinated so I tend to trip alot.

I am skipping the queations I can't actually try to do at theis time. I will try on the week ends and post on monday.
  • minisumo
    Options
    6. What is your favorite unhealthy food?

Cheese! Cheese fondue, cheese cubes with a packet of crisps or twiglets, cheesy pasta, cheese toastie... usually a strong vintage cheddar, but I'm partial to a bit of parmesan or wensleydale every now and then. I can eat half a block of cheese in one sitting without realising it. Usually washed down with a bottle of red which I'm sure cancels out the fat in the cheese ;)
  • scheatwood
    Options
    19. Are you losing weight the healthy (<2lbs/week) or the unhealthy (>2lbs/week) way?

I guess you'd consider it unhealthy cause I'm currently losing 3-4 pounds a week, but I eat back all my exercise calories except for 200-300 so I have room to share if I underestimate something, I work out daily anywherefrom an hour to two and a half hours, and I strength train 2-3x a week. I don't go overboard on the processed foods and sweet, drink my water daily, and try to make as many meals as possible at home.
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    3. Is your UGW in an unhealthy range of BMI?

for my height i think my UGW of 125-135lbs will make it a healthy BMI.
  • minisumo
    Options
    7. What is your least favorite healthy food?

Aubergine (eggplant), mushrooms, cooked spinach, chicory, seafood, tofu. Bleurgh.
  • scheatwood
    Options
    20. Who is your biggest weight loss inspiration and why?

I'm not sure if I really have one.... I don't know anyone personally that has lost weight like I'm trying to. So I'm my own inspiration and hope to be someone else's someday too.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea
  • paramoresmisery
    Options
    I am 5'7 and currently weigh 220. My goal weight is 160. I am losing my weight because I want to be there for the long haul with my kids and I am tired of feeling uncomfortable in my own skin.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    1. Write your current stats: height, current weight and goal weight. Why are you losing weight?

Height: 5'3

CW: 155lbs

GW: 125lbs-130lbs

I am losing weight 75% for my body confidence, it's harder to love myself and accept me as overweight and too big...
    The other 25% is for better health, though I have no health issues that I am aware of (besides being overweight) diabetes runs in the family and I would also like to be in my best shape... hopefully avoiding major health issues in the future.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Options
    1. Write your current stats: height, current weight and goal weight. Why are you losing weight?

5'5 (and a half)
    131lbs
    122lbs

I use to be a lot heavier and wan't happy or healthy. Just made the decision to lose. I get one life and it would be wasted being sick or miserable.
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    16. Which part of your body do you wish to change the most and why?

My stomach!!! I've had been carrying around thing for 18 years and I'm sick of it!

10. Do you count calories? If so, what is your daily limit?

Yes. My limit is 1600 a day but I usally consume about 1400.

51. Do you have a cheat day?

No cheat day. When I 'm craving something or just want some particular I just eat it. I try to fit it into my calories for the day.
  • tmgibson
    tmgibson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This looks like fun and a great way to stay connected.

height - 5'1''
    CW - 184
    GW - 135
    why? - I'm borderline type 2, it runs in my family but I will control it with proper weight and diet. So, I'm charging forward :smile:
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    30. Are you a vegan or a vegetarian?

Nope, neither of those. I like to have vegetarian days though and I make a lot of vegetarian soups and risottos :)
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    14. What is your least favorite type of strength exercise?
    The rowing/lumber jack arm/shoulder exercises. The machines that you do those on are so much taller then me that they feel incredibly unnatural.

15. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week?
    232.8 lbs, same as before, I am actually happy with staying under 235.
  • shm1289
    shm1289 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    8. Write your current weight. Have you lost anything in the past week? If not, what are your plans for this week? 174. I lost 2.5 lbs

9. What is your favorite type of cardio? My Jillian Michaels videos. Or running.