Why don't some chicks wear bras?

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    If I'm not wearing a bra, it's either laundry day or I have an X-ray appointment.

The only bras I found painfully unwearable are underwires and, guess what, 80% of bras are underwires. :grumble:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    If I'm in public, I'm in a bra. Mama always said it's not polite to point.

Well I'd only be pointin' at your toes. Is that still rude?:laugh:
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Am I the only that thinks it is actually more comfortable to wear a bra?
    I only have a C, but without a bra it just feel really uncomfortable.

Maybe it's cause I'm hypersensitive, but the feeling of clothes rubbing over my breasts just kinda aches.
    A bra is kind of like a barrier to me between my breasts and my clothes (a bra at least stay in the same spot and clothes constantly move).
    I take my bra off at night, but then I don't wear a shirt or nighty, because that's uncomfortable again.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    36DD & I'll go running without one on sometimes. No big deal cause it's at night. What are you doing looking at women's breasts anyway? Do you ask men why they dont wear one? It's all the same stuff.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    It hurts!! I hate bras!! They always have to be adjusted when you sit down, or move.. yuck! I hope it's not that noticeable that I'm not wearing a bra though. Oops

Then you do not have a right fitting bra... or you're uber dramatic... or have never just pushed through. It's feels odd, uncomfortable and painful when you don't wear a bra... you must have no chest is all I can say.

It does not feel odd, uncomfortable, or painful when I don't wear a bra. And I have 38D. Not huge, but certainly not small. It may feel that way for you but not everyone!!
    And to the first quote I totally get what your saying. And don't worry if it's noticeable, wear a tank underneath your shirt and you're fine!
  • LadyHappyfish
    LadyHappyfish Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm large and I often DONT have a bra on I have FM and arthritis of the rib cage. I get sick of the funny looks I do try to but on a vest to with the cup bit but at this size its not much support. does it make them go more south. yes.

If I was attending someones important day I would not embarrass them to I take extra tables and put a bra on.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear a bra unless I am at work or dressing up. Normal day to day...no way! Comfortable without one. :flowerforyou: :ohwell:
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Most definitely not an option for me.....I'd have to have a yellow 'trip hazard' sign in front of me.......
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    I always wondered that but I guess if they are small, they are light!

I am 'blessed' (I would rather say cursed at the moment) with 34F boobs so no way can I go braless although its nice to unleath them when Im going to bed haha!

If I don't wear a bra I feel they pull me forward and Im scared I would fall down the stairs or something :laugh:

I am a bit jealous of women able to not wear one!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    It hurts!! I hate bras!! They always have to be adjusted when you sit down, or move.. yuck! I hope it's not that noticeable that I'm not wearing a bra though. Oops

I totally agree! I have to wear one to work, and I wear them when out in public because I am nice like that. When I get in my car, and far enough from my office (most times :laugh:) I am Houdini at getting out of that thing!!

When I first started working in the office I complained about the pain. One of the girls pointed out it was the underwire. I said "But without it people sing "Do your boobs hang low, do they wobble too and fro...." :sad:

She pointed out no one really cared in the office as long as I was covered. Save the painful stuff for dates or special affairs. Went to JCP and was fitted by the Bra Whisper. Ahhh. Much better.:drinker:

Still though, anyone seeing me walk my dogs had better know the pups are also out for a walk :wink:
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Because chicks don't have breasts. Women on the other hand ........
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh and a few more things:

If men had to wear a cup/strap ever day of their life they'd never leave the house.

If Hilary Clinton had run on "All bras will be banned!!!" She would be president right now.

Just sayin:ohwell:
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Wow! Those kinds of chicks are brave....I'm only a 36C (which ain't huge) but I have to bra it because if my nipples get hard, everyone knows! lol...That's a NO WAY from me.........

YUPP same here, second I come home it's off though
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wear one, sometimes I don't. It mostly depends on what else I'm wearing. If I'm wear a dress with intricate straps or an open back, then I'll go without. Or if I'm wearing a tank top or camisole that's tight enough to give me enough support (my boobs are very small. They don't need much support.) I enjoy being braless. It's all like, freeing and stuff. Of course, my tiny boobs don't look like much when they don't have all that shapely padding holding them in, so I tend to wear a bra just to make it look like I actually do have boobs.

I feel weird without one...I Almost always wear one just so It looks like I have some boobs...lol. My older sister always tells me I could get by with a training bra. and I probably could. Most A cups are too big on me. But this^^^ Is pretty much me to a T:smile:
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm so small it hardly matters, and I find that bras are miserably uncomfortable and if guys can walk around with hard nipples why can't women? lol
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    If I'm in public, I'm in a bra. Mama always said it's not polite to point.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

agree! pointies at work are particularly bad. plus i dont wnat mine sagging later. support now, upright later! (hopefully)
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I cannot walk around without a bra, even at home. I am a 36C, which is not too big, but still I would be VERY self-conscious if I didn't wear a bra. :)
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I don't get it either!

a) I love bras becaus they're cute
    b) I love bras because, big girl or little girl, when properly fitted they make anyone's chest look better.
    c) ever since I could wear one, it's always been ingrained into my head that a good support is a huge part of perkiness preservation!
    d) especially as a runner, they need to be lifted and secure
    e) but really it's all about how cute they are.

I have to agree with this. I love bra shopping because I get to find awesome, cute bras! I have a big chest (38 DDD/E/F) so I shop Lane Bryant/Cacique bras but I love different styles/patterns.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that have boobs as big as mine are and having nursed a child, I find that bras give them a nicer shape...

I could never leave the house without a bra on but most certainly will lounge around the house without one if I'm just staying in my pajamas that day or if I've worn a particularly uncomfortable bra that day and it felt better to just take it off! However I could live in my T-shirt bras!
  • sushiforbrains
    Options
    I started "growing" early and quickly, so by the time I got to high school I was just about into a D cup, and I'll be honest, if I lose a bunch of weight and much of my boobs go with it, it will take cosmetic surgery to make them not look like 90 year old boobs. My skin is just a wreck there because of the rapid growth. So yeah, I bra it anytime I go out of the house, and sometimes I wear stuff like those "genie bras" even when I sleep. (they go all over the place and I have woken up with bruises where my husband rolled over on one - he gets my arm flaps on occasion also!) When I work out, I wear two "genie bras" to keep 'em strapped in.