Why don't some chicks wear bras?

Options

Replies

• DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I always wear one when I'm in public. I'd be mortified if anyone could see pokies through my shirt. But if I don't plan on having any company or am not going out of the house, I won't wear one.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I just found my new favorite thread
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    my girls are big. They must be contained. Bras help my back feel better. On occasion, I will go braless around the house if I am sitting, but if I have to move around, I put on a bra. My bras aren't uncomfortable at all, but they do get hot.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    As a guy, We LOVE women when they don't wear bra's. Don'tcare if they are perky or not, just love those boobies!!!! LMAO
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Some women honestly have boy chests there is no need to wear a bra because no one would know the difference. Women w/ large breasts of course should wear bras because they need to be supported or they will just sag and get worse over time. I think all women need to wear bras in public unless wearing a sundress or something that has a built in bra. I don't wear a bra to bed at night because its unncomfortable, but some women do! :)
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Don't you think it's kind of crazy women feel the need to wear a bra for purely esthetic reasons? It’s simply perpetuating an unnatural image of feminine ideals- that youth (ie perky breasts) is the only acceptable way to present yourself in public. I have large breasts and wear a bra, but I hate it sometime so much I want to scream. My under-boob has permanent red marks and my shoulders have grooves in them- it’s simply not healthy. I’m not hippie enough and I have a professional job, so I can’t do what I want and balk at society’s absurdities, but I wish I could. The second I’m home, the bra is off.
  • blueroses_78
    Options
    I never leave home without one. I look better with one than I do without. But of course, at home, I don't care, so I go au natural, or I wear a sports bra or something.
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I find bras flat out uncomfortable. Unfortunately my boobs are too big to look presentable without one. If they were smaller I would never wear a bra. First thing that comes off when I get home is my bra. I take that off before I take off my shoes. LOL.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    ohmyword that makes me crazy! i get it, some shirts with built in support or whatever look bad with a bra....but really? i dont need to know your nips are uneven....or that its a little chilly. or that you got an unfortunate tatoo inyour 20s.

i have to wear a bra, even if its a sports bra. im an itty bitty up top, but i just feel totally nude without one. besides, underboob swear is worse than any other visible sweat line. lmao
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    As a guy, We LOVE women when they don't wear bra's. Don'tcare if they are perky or not, just love those boobies!!!! LMAO

Yeah. If you had to wear heavy fat sacks on your chest with no support all the time you wouldn't love them nearly as much. But whatever floats your boat!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I have never found a comfortable one....so im simply uncomfortable all day....

Check out the newer wireless ones. Trust me.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I always wear a bra in public, but as soon as I get home, it comes off immediately.

This is me too.
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I never do when I'm at home. It's just more comfortable. When I'm on holiday I wear a sports bra all the time when I go out (under clothes) because it's less irritating.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Don't you think it's kind of crazy women feel the need to wear a bra for purely esthetic reasons? It’s simply perpetuating an unnatural image of feminine ideals- that youth (ie perky breasts) is the only acceptable way to present yourself in public. I have large breasts and wear a bra, but I hate it sometime so much I want to scream. My under-boob has permanent red marks and my shoulders have grooves in them- it’s simply not healthy. I’m not hippie enough and I have a professional job, so I can’t do what I want and balk at society’s absurdities, but I wish I could. The second I’m home, the bra is off.

I would not feel right at work if the headlights were on during the whole workday. (office A/C and all). Societal norms aside, that would be weird having a conversation with the boss while bra-less.

I don't have marks on my shoulders or underboob. In my mind if those marks exist it is because at some point you wore a bra that was not fitted properly.

Plus, as I've stated earlier, making the switch to wire-less has made a huge difference.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret has the most comfy bras ever! And I'm talking about the 'real' bras, not the little sexy ones...

I only let the girls loose to play at night. I would never go anywhere without a bra on. (or with curlers in my hair)
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options

I would not feel right at work if the headlights were on during the whole workday. (office A/C and all). Societal norms aside, that would be weird having a conversation with the boss while bra-less.

I don't have marks on my shoulders or underboob. In my mind if those marks exist it is because at some point you wore a bra that was not fitted properly.

Plus, as I've stated earlier, making the switch to wire-less has made a huge difference.

I have had quite large breasts since I was very young (they came in practically overnight in fifth/sixth grade), when I'm thin they're a DD or E and when I'm overweight they get much larger, so my mom always made sure I was wearing a professionally fitted well made bra and I've carried that practice into adulthood- so the marks are not due to a poorly fitted bra, I hate them too much to wear one that’s unnecessarily uncomfortable. The fact of the matter is, your boobs are not biologically designed be bound up by wires and suspended from your shoulders. The wireless ones are more comfortable, but I haven't found one that I like the shape and support it provides. I don't give a hoot about my nipples showing, it's merely a biological response- I never wear padded bras. Do you feel ashamed if you have goosebumps on your arms or when you sneeze too? Everyone has nipples, everyone has genitalia- what's the big deal?
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I wear something that resembles a bra to work and sports bras at the gym. The rest of the time I go without. I'm quite flat chested but have a huge rib cage and I've never been able to find any real bras that fit at all. If anyone knows where you can get a 40 or larger in an A or AA cup, please let me know.

The only reason I wear one to work is to make a token nod to the societal convention of disguising nipples. Personally I find it a bit ridiculous. I'm a mammal and therefore have nipples just like every other mammal. And I'm absolutely not going to wear some awkward lump of padding strapped to my chest that would completely hide my nipples just to make random strangers more comfortable. If my stretchy one-layer bra tops aren't good enough for them, they just need to not look.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    because i pray every night lmao
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I didn't know it was socially acceptable to not wear a bra. If it was up to me though I would walk around naked all day. The only way I don't wear a bra is if my shirt/dress has a built in bra. But maybe I could get away with it if I wear a tank top under my shirt. My breasts are pretty small (barely a B).
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I HATE those over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders! Lucky for me, mine are small enough that they aren't all obscene flopping around when they are free. It's all about comfort, baby!