MFP Debate....Do you accept friend requests with no msg?

Options
Cathcandoo
Cathcandoo Posts: 107 Member
It's a cut and dry question...personally, I don't ever turn down an honest request but when there is no msg attached...I just think - why did you send ME a request in the first place? Is it to get to 500 female friends on MFP? I don't know....how do you feel?

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    Usually no, unless I have seen them on friends pages.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i do, because it's pretty obvious you found me in a thread or we have mutual friends already. i don't need a message because i hope to interact and learn what you're all about and it doesnt take long to see the difference between someone who finds you inspirational or simply attractive
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    On my profile page I ask for a little message, 90% of the time I'll accept without a message. It's not a deal breaker for me. :-)
  • ashtonvv
    Options
    Nope.

I put on my profile to include a message if you wanted to be friends. I always send a message when requesting. It just seems odd to do it out of the blue.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I prefer getting a message. It sucks that if you keep your profile private there's no way to request messages with FRs. :grumble:
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    yes. but if they are what i call a "collector" (of sexy pics of whatever- then no- or delete.:bigsmile:
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I prefer messages but yes I do accept FRs with no msg
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Options
    I don't accept friend requests w/out a mssg, totally agree w/your statement
  • misslegz
    misslegz Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sure I still accept FR....I would prefer to have a little message but if you want to be friends then the more the merrier!!

12309460.png
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Nope. I want to know why they want to be my friend. If they think I'm inspirational: Cool. Think I'm funny: Awesome. Have friends in common: Let's do it. But a FR with no message irks the **** out of me.
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have ever turned down a friend request, also, I don't usually put a message when I send one. I just figure, if people want to add me it is because they either know someone I know or they have seen me post on a message board.
  • jeslyn2360
    Options
    I really don't care either way.
  • mimigyal
    mimigyal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yup, I do. I also sometimes send requests with no message. I don't know what to say sometimes, lol
  • Uuuhlexis
    Uuuhlexis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I figure if someone gives me a reason to not be friends with them, I'll just delete them.
  • megannicolex33
    Options
    Usually, no.

The very first line of my profile says that I don't accept friends requests without a message. If someone didn't take a minute or two to read my profile, it makes me wonder why they're friend requesting me in the first place. I don't have a lot of friends on here and don't see any reason to add random people for no reason. I just want to know SOMETHING about them - do we have similar stats? Common interests? Did they like one of my forum posts? Just a quick one-line message is all I'm asking for!
  • MonkRocker
    Options
    Yeah I do.

Can always delete them if needed.

Thus far that hasn't been necessary.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    Nope!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I usually don't accept. I have enough trouble trying to keep up with the few friends I have. Also, if they don't interact with me for a week or so, I delete them. I am here to give support and want some support in return.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    If there is no message and their profile is private, then, no, I wont accept their request.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    On my profile page I ask for a little message, 90% of the time I'll accept without a message. It's not a deal breaker for me. :-)

I agree. It's on my page as well, but I'll generally accept. If they turn out to be a creeper or less sociable, I'll delete.