I want to call myself curvy

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    This thread is still going? Who cares if you are overweight, "curvy overweight", thin curvy, thin straight, apple, pear, banana? Lets stop throwing labels around, fighting over who gets said labels, etc. It's all pretty damn stupid.

yeah we should all judge each other based on where we shop!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    This thread is still going? Who cares if you are overweight, "curvy overweight", thin curvy, thin straight, apple, pear, banana? Lets stop throwing labels around, fighting over who gets said labels, etc. It's all pretty damn stupid.

I shop at thrift stores and goodwill... and proud of it dang it! I'm cheap as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...... :wink:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

It's not about labels, it's about definition. Say you''re having phone sex with some random stranger and you say you have a curvy body, is he going to the you're fat or voluptuous, athletic, etc.
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    i think every one has diffrent idea bout curvy i have a size 36k boobs a small waist and hips i no i m not small but i have curves and i love them x
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Hourglass is not necessarily equal to curvy. They are NOT the same thing. J. Lo is curvy and she is more of a pear shape and is very small chested. Having big boobs does not necessarily make you curvy.

IMO someone who is curvy is someone who has a decent amount of body fat but isn't overweight. That is my opinion. If you want to call yourself curvy, go for it, and if some 300 lb lady wants to call herself curvy why would I care? I'm not going to get my panties in a wad every time someone says something I don't agree with and you shouldn't either.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

It's not about labels, it's about definition. Say you''re having phone sex with some random stranger and you say you have a curvy body, is he going to the you're fat or voluptuous, athletic, etc.

Why can't I just tell him 36", 24" 36" and 5'3"? (Which I'm not but he doesn't know that).
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    "Curvy" and "big boned" do not equal fat!
  • Rae6503
    Options

Yes! That's more fun than body shapes.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

Why can't I just tell him 36", 24" 36" and 5'3"? (Which I'm not but he doesn't know that).

Okay, well what if he says he has a fetish for curvy women and wants to know if you're one? And he doesn't understand measurements, but that's okay because he has a really hot voice.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I love how this has gone from 'fat girls' thinking they are curvy to slim girls/the skinny fat crowd with no curves calling themselves curvy. :huh:

I'm thin yes. But I have very wide hips. Very large chest, and a tiny waist... thus ME being curvy.
    How big are you up top, you dont look big too me.

Lol girl you sound bitter as hell. I haven't seen body shaming like that since...well... the last post like this came up. You're clearly dealing with envy; step off.

Wait wait wait. OP can tell all overweight people they aren't curvy, but this poster saying the OP's boobs look too small to be considered curvy in her opinion is body shaming?

Double standard.

...But that's not what the OP said? Do people just pick and choose which statements to read on here?
  • Rae6503
    Options

Okay, well what if he says he has a fetish for curvy women and wants to know if you're one? And he doesn't understand measurements, but that's okay because he has a really hot voice.

If there's an Australian accent I'm whatever definition of curvy he wants. :wink:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I love how this has gone from 'fat girls' thinking they are curvy to slim girls/the skinny fat crowd with no curves calling themselves curvy. :huh:

I'm thin yes. But I have very wide hips. Very large chest, and a tiny waist... thus ME being curvy.

Lol girl you sound bitter as hell. I haven't seen body shaming like that since...well... the last post like this came up. You're clearly dealing with envy; step off.

Wait wait wait. OP can tell all overweight people they aren't curvy, but this poster saying the OP's boobs look too small to be considered curvy in her opinion is body shaming?

Double standard.

...But that's not what the OP said? Do people just pick and choose which statements to read on here?

apparently. I'm fat bashing too... in case you can't tell :huh:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Double standard.
    Exactly. 36DDD my *kitten*. I can see two pictures of the OP. The one in the mirror looks like she has a slightly padded bra on. You definitely don't see no DDD's when she is laying down. Where did they go????
    Hazel, don't waste your time trying to defend your opinions. I too wondered what her chest size was when she told everyone she had a VERY LARGE chest. Like someone said before, you can be curvy thin or fat. If I had to describe the OP it would be "thin". Curvy is not the word that would come to mind.

What do you mean, "exactly." YOU just body shamed, too! You guys are literally saying OP is LYING about her measurements? And for everyone harping on the boobs... you DO realize an hourglass is the waist/hip ratio, right? An UNUSUAL hourglass shape is one like Marilyn Monroe's, where bust size matches hip size, with a perfectly 10 inch smaller waist. The true measure is waist/hips, because that specifically correlates to evolutionary studies on fertility, attractiveness, and heart health.

But yeah, way to keep body shaming. Like I said initially: the statements that are nitpicking OP's body, when SHE just wants words to stop being euphemisms, sound like they're coming from some pretttty bitter/envious people. I have known enough heavier women who would tear up anyone thinner than them, and hid behind their insecurities with their larger breasts--breasts they had BECAUSE of heavier weight.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    this picture goes from stick to curvy in a year and I gained weight and lost body fat, gaining defined waist, therefore - curves. And, oh mah goodness, a siize 2 WITH curves.... I know, but stranger things have happened.

bodyfatdifference.jpg

Perfect example as to why scales totally blow. Don't concern yourself with that lb number going down, but focus on the BF% and the figure will follow! Great job and thanks for posting. Very inspirational to see people who focus on the right thing! :drinker:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    this picture goes from stick to curvy in a year and I gained weight and lost body fat, gaining defined waist, therefore - curves. And, oh mah goodness, a siize 2 WITH curves.... I know, but stranger things have happened.

Perfect example as to why scales totally blow. Don't concern yourself with that lb number going down, but focus on the BF% and the figure will follow! Great job and thanks for posting. Very inspirational to see people who focus on the right thing! :drinker:

thank you very much. :blushing:
  • quelogrammage
    Options
    ok 2 things

1) people who start threads such as this are attention seeking (i.e lady jane knows shes got a hot bod and wants the wooooorrrrrllllld to tell her.)

2) The guys who lavish that attention on her say the most CRINGE worthy things.......
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    How about everyone just calls themselves what they want and we can all get over it already?
  • obrendao
    Options
    How about everyone just calls themselves what they want and we can all get over it already?

Just don't call me Shirley!!!

g2e22e2000000000000abb27579afb5058a70ff373a336a9f21f992c4f7.jpg
  • crw72209
    crw72209 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I call myself curvy and I like the term!!! :)