I want to call myself curvy

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I love how this has gone from 'fat girls' thinking they are curvy to slim girls/the skinny fat crowd with no curves calling themselves curvy. :huh:

I'm thin yes. But I have very wide hips. Very large chest, and a tiny waist... thus ME being curvy.
    How big are you up top, you dont look big too me.

Lol girl you sound bitter as hell. I haven't seen body shaming like that since...well... the last post like this came up. You're clearly dealing with envy; step off.

Wait wait wait. OP can tell all overweight people they aren't curvy, but this poster saying the OP's boobs look too small to be considered curvy in her opinion is body shaming?

Double standard.
    Exactly. 36DDD my *kitten*. I can see two pictures of the OP. The one in the mirror looks like she has a slightly padded bra on. You definitely don't see no DDD's when she is laying down. Where did they go????
    Hazel, don't waste your time trying to defend your opinions. I too wondered what her chest size was when she told everyone she had a VERY LARGE chest. Like someone said before, you can be curvy thin or fat. If I had to describe the OP it would be "thin". Curvy is not the word that would come to mind.

I'm really not in the mood to justify how big my boobs are. I wear a 36DDD. I can't buy bras at normal stores, not even VS because my chest is too big. That's all I'm saying.

Now this thread is questioning a girl on her bra size? If the OP is anything like me then she gets questioned enough by the know it all measuring ladies when she goes bra shopping. :( Now to read the last 3 or so pages I just skipped.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    This thread has opened my eyes to how many people don't have any actual, real problems in life, apparently.

It should open your eyes to how many of us have jobs on computers ;)

I don't mean because people are chatting. I just mean all the intense detail of defining female body types and what parameters classify it as what people are allowed to be called (by themselves and others). I guess I need to start walking around telling people my measurements including my rib cage measurement (it's 26 inches), my BF %, my lean body mass weight, my height, my clothing size, details about how I look in the mirror. Then I need to get my PhD on how this translates into what words I am allowed or not allowed to use when describing my body type. Especially since how strangers on the internet accurately perceive my body type is of such extreme importance. BTW, I'm just joking around right now (I know I don't actually need to do any of that).

I have daughters. It saddens me to think of them encountering this obsessive detail of how to define their bodies. Oh well. They are strong enough to handle it if and when they do. I certainly won't be judging them this way.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    This thread is still going? Who cares if you are overweight, "curvy overweight", thin curvy, thin straight, apple, pear, banana? Lets stop throwing labels around, fighting over who gets said labels, etc. It's all pretty damn stupid.

It's not about labels, it's about definition. Say you''re having phone sex with some random stranger and you say you have a curvy body, is he going to the you're fat or voluptuous, athletic, etc.

Why can't I just tell him 36", 24" 36" and 5'3"? (Which I'm not but he doesn't know that).

Okay, well what if he says he has a fetish for curvy women and wants to know if you're one? And he doesn't understand measurements, but that's okay because he has a really hot voice.

Chances are if you are having phone sex with a random stranger, both are going to be lying.

1693982910_494e777501.57154843_std.jpg

Funniest *kitten* ever! LMAO
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I prefer Goddess Sized ;)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    And for everyone harping on the boobs... you DO realize an hourglass is the waist/hip ratio, right? An UNUSUAL hourglass shape is one like Marilyn Monroe's, where bust size matches hip size, with a perfectly 10 inch smaller waist. The true measure is waist/hips, because that specifically correlates to evolutionary studies on fertility, attractiveness, and heart health.

Um ... no. An hourglass is bust/waist/hip measurements. A pear is a small bust with a small waist and large hips. There is a difference.

It's called an hourglass because the silhouette resembles the shape of an hourglass, which is large on top and bottom and tiny in the middle.

However, there is no breast size that defines hourglass. It's just that your waist has to be 10 inches or more smaller than your breasts and hips to be a true hourglass. Eight percent of women on the planet fit that definition.

You realize you reiterated what I said, right?

No, I didn't. You said bust size doesn't matter when it's crucial to the shape. Please show me an hourglass that is narrow on top and wide on the bottom.

Bust size =/= band size. You can have a 36" ribcage with 36" hips and a 26" inch waist, but have an A cup...

I didn't say you couldn't be an hourglass with small breasts, but you cannot be an hourglass if your bust size (measurement around the widest part of your breasts) is not 9-10 inches larger than your waist. If it is smaller than that, you are a pear.

Again, please show me an hourglass that's narrow on top and wide on the bottom. Just one and I'll concede the point.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd throw this in:

Betty Brosmer - pretty much the most amazing hour glass ever - now THAT is curvy

d2caf7dd.jpg
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I would say you're slim. Curvy would be a bit of a stretch.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    And for everyone harping on the boobs... you DO realize an hourglass is the waist/hip ratio, right? An UNUSUAL hourglass shape is one like Marilyn Monroe's, where bust size matches hip size, with a perfectly 10 inch smaller waist. The true measure is waist/hips, because that specifically correlates to evolutionary studies on fertility, attractiveness, and heart health.

Um ... no. An hourglass is bust/waist/hip measurements. A pear is a small bust with a small waist and large hips. There is a difference.

It's called an hourglass because the silhouette resembles the shape of an hourglass, which is large on top and bottom and tiny in the middle.

However, there is no breast size that defines hourglass. It's just that your waist has to be 10 inches or more smaller than your breasts and hips to be a true hourglass. Eight percent of women on the planet fit that definition.

No, I didn't. You said bust size doesn't matter when it's crucial to the shape. Please show me an hourglass that is narrow on top and wide on the bottom.

Bust size =/= band size. You can have a 36" ribcage with 36" hips and a 26" inch waist, but have an A cup...

I didn't say you couldn't be an hourglass with small breasts, but you cannot be an hourglass if your bust size (measurement around the widest part of your breasts) is not 9-10 inches larger than your waist. If it is smaller than that, you are a pear.

Again, please show me an hourglass that's narrow on top and wide on the bottom. Just one and I'll concede the point.

I feel like you read certain words and skip others? A pear shape would not have a 10 inch difference between waist and hips--the hips would be bigger. Literally, just look up "hourglass" shape and read actual scientific articles (not blogs). Plus, like I SAID INITIALLY, boob size =/= band size.

It's like you read one post, but not all my posts, and then come to a conclusion of what I said regardless?
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    This thread has opened my eyes to how many people don't have any actual, real problems in life, apparently.

I don't mean because people are chatting. I just mean all the intense detail of defining female body types and what parameters classify it as what people are allowed to be called (by themselves and others). I guess I need to start walking around telling people my measurements including my rib cage measurement (it's 26 inches), my BF %, my lean body mass weight, my height, my clothing size, details about how I look in the mirror. Then I need to get my PhD on how this translates into what words I am allowed or not allowed to use when describing my body type. Especially since how strangers on the internet accurately perceive my body type is of such extreme importance. BTW, I'm just joking around right now (I know I don't actually need to do any of that).

I have daughters. It saddens me to think of them encountering this obsessive detail of how to define their bodies. Oh well. They are strong enough to handle it if and when they do. I certainly won't be judging them this way.
    Agree with you completely. It's so incredibly petty and stupid and puerile how many people here get offended if a fat woman has a modicum of self esteem. I don't care if a 300 lb woman wants to call herself curvy or sexy or a stained glass window. WTF does anyone else care?? Is your self esteem so low that you need only people who fit your ideal to use a word? If you get offended by a fat person calling themselves curvy you have bigger problems than your weight.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I feel like you read certain words and skip others? A pear shape would not have a 10 inch difference between waist and hips--the hips would be bigger. Literally, just look up "hourglass" shape and read actual scientific articles (not blogs). Plus, like I SAID INITIALLY, boob size =/= band size.

It's like you read one post, but not all my posts, and then come to a conclusion of what I said regardless?

*sigh*

I give up.

I still want to see an actual hourglass (where the term comes from) that is tiny on top and big on the bottom. You haven't shown me that yet.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

Agree with you completely. It's so incredibly petty and stupid and puerile how many people here get offended if a fat woman has a modicum of self esteem. I don't care if a 300 lb woman wants to call herself curvy or sexy or a stained glass window. WTF does anyone else care?? Is your self esteem so low that you need only people who fit your ideal to use a word? If you get offended by a fat person calling themselves curvy you have bigger problems than your weight.

I really don't think OP intended for this topic to get so serious or heated....
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

I really don't think OP intended for this topic to get so serious or heated....

I honestly don't think any of these people that are getting all upset really care what my intentions were. The topic COULD have been taken as offensive, so they ran with it. Nothing better to do I guess.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this thread is STILL going!!!! Anyway I overheard a conversation on the train this morning between 3 very large, out of shape women. One of the ladies told her friends that she's just joined weight watchers (which is awesome!! good for her to be proactive with her health!!). Her one friend responded that she was just never meant to be slim and that she's happy being 'voluptuous' and she wouldn't waste money on WW. LOL....made me think of this thread :laugh:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this thread is STILL going!!!! Anyway I overheard a conversation on the train this morning between 3 very large, out of shape women. One of the ladies told her friends that she's just joined weight watchers (which is awesome!! good for her to be proactive with her health!!). Her one friend responded that she was just never meant to be slim and that she's happy being 'voluptuous' and she wouldn't waste money on WW. LOL....made me think of this thread :laugh:

EXACTLY What I'm talking about!!!
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

EXACTLY What I'm talking about!!!

I am still not going to consider you curvy until I see a butt shot. :noway: :tongue: