Concealing & carrying pistols while running/working out

Options

Replies

• Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    39 gun murders but almost 600 murders total. If I'm going to be murdered I'd rather be shot than beat to death.

If someone wanted to murder you - would you rather have that person come at your with a knife or a gun?
  • EricaRuns27
    EricaRuns27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I actually saw a pair of running shorts with a gun holster on the back part of the shorts. Lower back region. I seriously thought about looking into them... But I really don't know how comfortable that would be.

Then, whats the chance u could pull the funnily in enough time if threatened?
    Crime has gotten worse around my area.... It's a thought to consider.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    39 gun murders but almost 600 murders total. If I'm going to be murdered I'd rather be shot than beat to death.

If someone wanted to murder you - would you rather have that person come at your with a knife or a gun?

With a giant dead trout. At least you would be amused to death.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    England: odds are against you getting shot ... but hope you're prepared to be knifed. Number of knife deaths have about doubled in the last few decades. You are far more likely to be the victim of knife crime in the UK than you are to be a gun crime victim in the US.

exactly.
    I laugh everytime someone talks about how much better England is for having almost no shootings.

because they're ****ing brutal there.
    they knife you
    they beat you with bats.
    they thrash you with chains and kick you with boots.
    they gang up on you.

all things that still kill you.. in a bloodier, more brutal way.

MURDER RATES NEVER CHANGED.. the same amount of innocent people still die.

matter of fact, englands knife assults went up so much, they banned carrying pocket knifes unless required for your job... so an innocent man cant even carry a useful tool around unless he has a reason. nevermind self defence, I just carry my pocket knife for simple things like cutting an occasional box open, or if my drink mix tube wont tear properly.... cant do that there.

Well, you can just look it up and see you're wrong:

UK murder rate per 100,000 residents: 1.2

US murder rate per 100,000 residents: 4.2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

So you are almost 3.5 times more likely to be murdered in the US than in the UK. And guns are clearly a huge part of that, since in the US we have over 9000 gun murders per year, while in the UK they have only 39. Carrying guns escalates things very quickly, resulting in many more murders.

--P

Worth noting is the fact that US death rates for guns include gang on gang violence. Take that out and the numbers are far, far lower.

And just because I'm not as likely to die from a knife assault doesn't mean I'd really like to have to endure one.

The Pollyanna attitude of many in england is baffling.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

I can't really answer that. A knife can be just as deadly as a gun. And I'd probably rather be shot than sliced up.

I'm going to make it as bad a day for them as I can either way.
  • wellbert
    Options
    England: odds are against you getting shot ... but hope you're prepared to be knifed. Number of knife deaths have about doubled in the last few decades. You are far more likely to be the victim of knife crime in the UK than you are to be a gun crime victim in the US.

exactly.
    I laugh everytime someone talks about how much better England is for having almost no shootings.

they knife you
    they beat you with bats.
    they gang up on you.

matter of fact, englands knife assults went up so much, they banned carrying pocket knifes unless required for your job... so an innocent man cant even carry a useful tool around unless he has a reason. nevermind self defence, I just carry my pocket knife for simple things like cutting an occasional box open, or if my drink mix tube wont tear properly.... cant do that there.

So you are almost 3.5 times more likely to be murdered in the US than in the UK. And guns are clearly a huge part of that, since in the US we have over 9000 gun murders per year, while in the UK they have only 39. Carrying guns escalates things very quickly, resulting in many more murders.

--P

Worth noting is the fact that US death rates for guns include gang on gang violence. Take that out and the numbers are far, far lower.

And just because I'm not as likely to die from a knife assault doesn't mean I'd really like to have to endure one.

I want to know what the murder rate in the US is from legal gun owners acting in a legal fashion.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    the question was about how to conceal carry while running or working out, not if you think it is right or wrong. Some people have jobs or requirements that may require different needs than you and others and to tell them they are wrong for that is foolish and ignorant.

That's because some of us, American's included can't fathom why you would need a gun to run. There are treadmills in the gym, there are tracks at the local park or high school, there are well-lit and populated trails. If an area makes you question your safety to the point where you need a gun, maybe you should avoid jogging in that area.

You clearly skipped over my account of a teacher abducted and killed. For thrills. In a small, safe town.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I actually saw a pair of running shorts with a gun holster on the back part of the shorts. Lower back region. I seriously thought about looking into them... But I really don't know how comfortable that would be.

Then, whats the chance u could pull the funnily in enough time if threatened?
    Crime has gotten worse around my area.... It's a thought to consider.

Ill be rocking these, and so will my mom when I get her a pair for christmas!!! ( both have conceal and carry )

VR5K8695.jpg
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

I can't really answer that. A knife can be just as deadly as a gun. And I'd probably rather be shot than sliced up.

Personally I would prefer someone attacking me with a knife or a trout or 2X4. I think my chances of surviving such an attack vs. a gun would be slightly higher.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Personally I would prefer someone attacking me with a knife or a trout or 2X4. I think my chances of surviving such an attack vs. a gun would be slightly higher.

Trout or 2x4 weren't given to me as options. I was answering the question as posed. Knife wounds have the potential to be much nastier and harder to deal with than bullet wounds. Most preferable (second to not getting attacked in the first place) would be to emerge from the whathaveyou unscathed. I don't particularly care what shape the attacker is in at the end of it.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Well I don't think I would like to run in an unsafe area. I would prefer the gym, or to drive to a safer area in order to get my workout.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    this thread strangely makes me think of this..

beatingadeadhorsey.jpg
    :laugh:

citizens of the UK no doubt
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Trout or 2x4 weren't given to me as options. I was answering the question as posed. Knife wounds have the potential to be much nastier and harder to deal with than bullet wounds. Most preferable (second to not getting attacked in the first place) would be to emerge from the whathaveyou unscathed. I don't particularly care what shape the attacker is in at the end of it.
    And if you're going to die by trout, I would imagine it would be a long process and a slow, agonizing death. The trout would break apart really quickly, so there would have to be a lot of fish. Your survival instincts would keep you alive by eating the dead fish bits falling around you while you are beaten with a fish day in and day out. So I wouldn't completely rule out death by trout as a rough way to go.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    No. Definitely no trout death now that you explain it that way. Plus all the little bones getting stuck in you. That would suck.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I ran on a treadmill once. For "three miles". After that experience I would opt for running through the middle of a full on South Central LA gang war over running on a treadmill.
  • wellbert
    Options
    What about stabbed by a swordfish? Strangled by a squid? Perforated by a puffer?
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    the question was about how to conceal carry while running or working out, not if you think it is right or wrong. Some people have jobs or requirements that may require different needs than you and others and to tell them they are wrong for that is foolish and ignorant.

That's because some of us, American's included can't fathom why you would need a gun to run. There are treadmills in the gym, there are tracks at the local park or high school, there are well-lit and populated trails. If an area makes you question your safety to the point where you need a gun, maybe you should avoid jogging in that area.

please be my guest...come show me where I can run my 14 mile run on Sat Id love for you to show me all the safe havens of exercise you speak of. I think running 14 miles on a tread mill while training for a marathon will be AMAZING. not to mention ill be Ill prepared for running outdoors. Again you leave in a highly populated metropolitan area to ASSUME that every one has access to everything you do....
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    this thread strangely makes me think of this..

beatingadeadhorsey.jpg
    :laugh:

citizens of the UK no doubt

I had this one in mind...

frustrated-man-in-his-computer-hp-thumb-250x250.jpg
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options

exactly.

they knife you
    they beat you with bats.
    they gang up on you.

--P

I want to know what the murder rate in the US is from legal gun owners acting in a legal fashion.

Zero. If it's legal self defense it's not murder. I see what you did there...:smile:
  • recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options

And if you're going to die by trout, I would imagine it would be a long process and a slow, agonizing death. The trout would break apart really quickly, so there would have to be a lot of fish. Your survival instincts would keep you alive by eating the dead fish bits falling around you while you are beaten with a fish day in and day out. So I wouldn't completely rule out death by trout as a rough way to go.

What about Catfish? With that tough as cr*p skin they won't come apart. Of course they do have that darn stiff spine, that could make it quicker.