Replies

• gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Okay Fork, Now what? :huh:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    The Hawaiian disease, Lack-a-nookie. It happens. He gave some gal a lawnmower and it all went downhill from there. :laugh:
  • operator
    Options
    Ah what a good week. I actually feel like this is starting to payoff. I forgot what I weighed in at this morning, I think it was like 207, which means i down like 6 pounds from last monday when I started. Toga - X this monring was pain. It is the only workout that I know of that makes you sweat and you realyl don;t move. The whole Warrier One, Warrier Two, Reverse Warrier segment is a ball buster. It is 1 hour and 30 minutes , with 30 minute cooldown....but that hour is probably the toughest workout of the week.

Combined with the killer boxing workout I did yesterday, man I feel good. Come on guys...keep it up!!!!
  • bcshivers
    Options
    Is there a place on this site with information on toning. I'm doing cardio via bicycling. Would like to start some hand weight toning exercises.

423201.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • operator
    Options
    I am not sure but I doubt it. Just google "how to tone your body" I am sure there is a bunch of stuff out there. Go on that mission and report back...soldier....
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Sorry forgot to follow up on the Hawaiian disease.

I need a "LAY."

I am gonna need some major willpower tonight at bowling. There is always someone odering nachos, chips and salsa, cheese fries, or pizza and then sharing with everyone. I could eat my weight in nachos and chips and salsa.
    :frown:
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    The Hawaiian disease, Lack-a-nookie. It happens. He gave some gal a lawnmower and it all went downhill from there. :laugh:

Nope gave some gal a wedding ring.
    :laugh:
  • operator
    Options
    Ah, my friend, here is what you do. Before you go bowling, do some crazy cardio. Do some plyometrics or smething that burns a heck of a lot of calories. Then you won't feel so bad if you have 2 or 3 beers. Do not order nachos, man. Maybe have one or two, but you have to work out before you go.

You know on a different toekn but since we were talking about nachos, did any of you guys watch the biggest loser on Tuesday? Jillian had to "eat" what the people ate every day, like nachos and burritos, and the like. She had one bite of nachos and spit it out and was like "That was gross".....

I called BS on that.

How can you spit out a nacho? She used to be really overweight and there is a clip on youtube where she is talking to people about her weight problem when she was younger and she was like " I stil remember by Taco Bell order". Listen, if you still remember your taco bell order from your teens, you loved taco bell then and even if you are thin now...you still love taco bell...........
  • CasperO
    Options
    Nope,,, no BS.

After one year of pretty dedicated fairly clean eating I can tell you that there are tons and tons of things that I used to love that I really don't know if I could eat any more. I tried to eat a piece of cheesecake a while back and didn't get very far. It tasted good, but the texture just didn't work. It was like trying to drink a glass of heavy cream, or eat a stick of butter.

I used to love S&S pork from the chinese place in town, and now the thought of them little deep fried puffs is pretty grotesque. It happens,,, habits change, tastes change.
  • operator
    Options
    yeh I guess I can see that. I just know that for me, a large number 10 (Chicken McNugget meal) with a coke and a double cheesburger always will sound awesome to me.

Oh well...off to do some thai boxing with my brother....
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    Nope,,, no BS.

After one year of pretty dedicated fairly clean eating I can tell you that there are tons and tons of things that I used to love that I really don't know if I could eat any more. I tried to eat a piece of cheesecake a while back and didn't get very far. It tasted good, but the texture just didn't work. It was like trying to drink a glass of heavy cream, or eat a stick of butter.

I used to love S&S pork from the chinese place in town, and now the thought of them little deep fried puffs is pretty grotesque. It happens,,, habits change, tastes change.

How long before you felt like that changed?
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    Ah, my friend, here is what you do. Before you go bowling, do some crazy cardio. Do some plyometrics or smething that burns a heck of a lot of calories. Then you won't feel so bad if you have 2 or 3 beers. Do not order nachos, man. Maybe have one or two, but you have to work out before you go.

You know on a different toekn but since we were talking about nachos, did any of you guys watch the biggest loser on Tuesday? Jillian had to "eat" what the people ate every day, like nachos and burritos, and the like. She had one bite of nachos and spit it out and was like "That was gross".....

I called BS on that.

How can you spit out a nacho? She used to be really overweight and there is a clip on youtube where she is talking to people about her weight problem when she was younger and she was like " I stil remember by Taco Bell order". Listen, if you still remember your taco bell order from your teens, you loved taco bell then and even if you are thin now...you still love taco bell...........

Maybe I could cure the Hawaiian disease.

Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket too.

I wont be buying anything, everyone is just so sharing with their food.
  • gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    @ Fork

You may even get lucky if buy a lotto ticket :laugh: :wink:
  • operator
    Options
    Holy crap that was tough!!!!

3 minute rounds...

3 rounds of boxing, 3 rounds of holding focus mits.

3 rounds of thai boxing with kicks and knees, 4 rounds of holding pads ( I could not do another round, I was basically puking)
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Holy crap that was tough!!!!

3 minute rounds...

3 rounds of boxing, 3 rounds of holding focus mits.

3 rounds of thai boxing with kicks and knees, 4 rounds of holding pads ( I could not do another round, I was basically puking)

Sounds like a great workout, though! :drinker:
  • CasperO
    Options
    Nope,,, no BS.
    After one year of pretty dedicated fairly clean eating I can tell you<<snip>>
    How long before you felt like that changed?
    Hard to remember, probably 6 months. It's just a habit now. Fruits & Veggies & Lean grilled meat is good, oily greasy deep fried crap is just - - - icky?
  • operator
    Options
    My arms are like Jello.

When you train MMA, and you have good guys to train with, even holding the pads is a workout......man I am spent...
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    My arms are like Jello.

When you train MMA, and you have good guys to train with, even holding the pads is a workout......man I am spent...

Some pro athletes are training like that. Matt Leinhart is just one I have heard of. Good workout and helps them learn to focus during physical contact.

I would love to do some MMA training. Contemplating setting up some bags in the basement.
  • operator
    Options
    Bumping this thread. It gets so buried deep in the forums....

Dude if you want a MMA style workout, get Bas Rutton All Around Fighting CD.

Here is a littlle snippet of the DVD's, but the workout is all audio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYmfmwUc3p8

It is only 3 minutes but wwatch until the end. What how hard you can push yourself and how much of an all body workout that is...

So we have the tape in the back, yeh I know....the freeking audio tape... but it such a workout.. Side 1 is ten 2 minute rounds with 1 minute rest. Side 2 is seven 3 minute rounds with 1 minute breaks. The 3 minute rounds incorporate pushups when you are int he defense down position. You can google Bas Rutton All Around Workout dvd's and find it all over the place.

You can do this workout anywhere. That is what is so awesome about it. In your bedroom, hotel room, etc.
  • FORKDOWN
    Options
    Bumping this thread. It gets so buried deep in the forums....

Dude if you want a MMA style workout, get Bas Rutton All Around Fighting CD.

Here is a littlle snippet of the DVD's, but the workout is all audio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYmfmwUc3p8

It is only 3 minutes but wwatch until the end. What how hard you can push yourself and how much of an all body workout that is...

So we have the tape in the back, yeh I know....the freeking audio tape... but it such a workout.. Side 1 is ten 2 minute rounds with 1 minute rest. Side 2 is seven 3 minute rounds with 1 minute breaks. The 3 minute rounds incorporate pushups when you are int he defense down position. You can google Bas Rutton All Around Workout dvd's and find it all over the place.

You can do this workout anywhere. That is what is so awesome about it. In your bedroom, hotel room, etc.

Have a good weekend my brothers in fitness.