Your engagement ring/wedding set

Options

Replies

• pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i dont plan on ever getting married, But should i one day change my mind i would like a sea glass ring
    i love sea glass iv recently started making necklaces out of the bits iv collected over the years :D
    x
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    When we were dating, I mentioned my diamond cut is the Marquise Cut.
    I was tootally suprised he propsed when he did, he picked out the ring by himslef, but got a lovely marquise cut, becuase he remembered I had mentioned it.

So, NO we did not pick it out together and No it is not liked under the label "anything he picked out because it is from him"

I love it becuase he remembered what I had mentioned I liked and surprised me with it.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I was a lucky goil - I had TWO engagement rings. The first one my now hubby picked out and had set for me as a surprise. The second was my "official" engagement diamond (my mother said he had to give me a diamond or we weren't officially engaged). That we picked out together. We picked out his rings, too - the ring I put on his hand when we married, and the ring we bought when he lost the first one ... so he got two wedding rings ... guess that's fair ... :)
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    we've been together 7 years, married 3.5.. I've picked out all my rings. lol, I've had a total of 4? I think. 2 different promise rings, 1 almost engagement ring, but then decided I wanted something different and then the ring I currently have (that he used to propose for real), and two different wedding bands, had one that the stones were separate, but then decided it didnt look good with my ring and wanted a channel band instead. yeah, im very indecisive. at least i wasn't about who i wanted to marry! hahaha! :)
  • ktbug1186
    Options
    We went and picked it out together! :)
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    my husband and i have been married for a little over a year. he proposed on Christmas eve 2010, one week shy of our 4 year anniversary. he knew what i wanted b/c we had talked about rings a number of times through the years. he did an awesome job surprising me w/ the proposal and getting me exactly what i wanted. love that guy :love: .

5133924E-9ED1-4A83-8AFA-C4B1F2A55DA9-28612-00001C91302ADAB4.jpg
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    not engaged (yet) either lol but about 2 weeks ago i picked up his phone because i wanted to play some music while i was getting ready and the webpage on his phone was open to weisfields with rings on the cover i put the phone back and pretended i didnt see and a week ago when we were in the mall he was like you wanna look around and i ohh and awwed at the ones i like....in weisfields.....not saying im getting engaged any time soon but if thats not a sign idk what is
  • FluffyToFab
    FluffyToFab Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Nope.. He total surprised me with the ring and the proposal.. I totally love it though!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    first drunken dinner party, a week into dating the "ring" was discussed in detail - in fact a diagram was made. He kept it, brought it to a jeweller and had it made for me.
  • alaythea
    Options
    We talked about getting married before he proposed. I knew he was going to but I didn't know when. He picked out the ring all on his own. All I told him before was that I preferred a round stone and something simple. And it was perfect! We just got simple plain bands and then for our 1 year anniversary he took me to pick out a diamond band to replace my original band with.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I found the perfect ring set, bf didnt like it because he thought it should cost more, looked online at it again this week and it has gone up $900, but that's his fault hahahha. I am hoping and hoping that he gets me that one, he knows what I like but this way I know I will have a ring I love, and not one I only like. It's the perfect ring!!! Oh, bf does actually like the ring, he just thought it was too cheap.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Plain silver wedding band with our fingerprints on the inside. A Tiffany's 3 stone emerald cut diamond engagement ring in a silver band.

I'm only getting married once (if ever). So I want to make it epic and classy, to pass on to my daughters/sons.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I bought mine on ebay. GIA certified is the way to go. We paid less for the ring than the diamond is worth wholesale. do your research! http://www.pricescope.com/ is an incredible website for those just starting out in their search. I had the setting changed after purchasing the ring and I love it.

here is mine: GIA certified, E, SI1, oval cut, 2.05ct with another ct in the ring and another .5 in the two bands

6387146113_0578182f85_z.jpg

6387146721_0edd365fb7.jpg

Holy frack your ring is gorgeous!!! I am suffering from severe ring envy right now!!!!
  • purpleblaze
    Options
    No. I'm not getting engaged. At least I don't think. But I was wondering...

Did you and your SO go together to pick out an engagement ring? Did you just pop into a store together and window shopped? Or did you go and pick one out and he proposed in the store?

Did you leave subtle man hints (IE: Cut out pictures, sent him pictures, drew your ring out for him..)

Or are you the eternal romantic "I'll love whatever you get me because it's from you."

Discuss. I wanna know.

when i got engaged i designed my own ring and got it made...
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    my mom worked in a jewelery store, I showed her what I like and she showed him. Voila, got exactly what I wanted.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Mine is a family ring....my family :-) It was my great-great aunt's engagement ring - it's a Victorian ring, so basically one of a kind and I love it. What we're going to do about wedding rings....I have no idea! My ring is hexagonal shape so I can't fit a straight band under it, so I may end up wearing my engagement ring as a right hand ring.
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    We picked them out together. I didn't want an engament ring to begin with so I had to go to shoot down any thing too girly.

I did manage to break the engagement ring all together last year and just wear the band now. :drinker:
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My husband and I picked out my lose diamond together and I wanted it set in a 6 prong traditional Tiffany platinum setting. I got exactly what I always wanted.....:heart:
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I knew I wanted a sapphire instead of a diamond (I dislike how the supply of diamonds is controlled artificially) and also a trilliant cut. Hubs wanted a little bit of diamond on there so to compromise we decided on having some very small diamonds around the sides. I had an idea/sketch of sort of a wrap style.

We picked up a loose sapphire at one store, and that was the end of my involvement so I'd be at least a little surprised. My hubs took the stone to a different place and had the ring designed. There is nothing else like it anywhere!

The unusual shape required a very unusual wedding band to fit within it, and I happened to find an independent jeweler who was really excited for the challenge. We liked his work so much that we went back and got my husband's band done to match mine (the band we used at the ceremony for him was a cheap $50 one - we had moved up the wedding and entire year so we were scrambling) - white gold with a small sapphire in the middle in a very manly setting.

I rarely wear any jewelry but I love my rings. I love that my husband didn't have to take out a loan to purchase them. I've gotten a lot of compliments on them when I'm at stores
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    He picked out my engagement ring, round solitare. I don't remember if I we had ever discussed it but that is what I wanted. We picked out are wedding bands together.