Your engagement ring/wedding set

Options
167891012»

Replies

• BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    We had matching bands, but I never got an actual engagement ring. Seemed to be no point since we'd been together for so long already. He doesn't wear his band, but only because we didn't realize that the metal and his body composition don't go well together. Silver tarnishes easily and quickly when he wears it, which is why he usually wears stainless steal instead. We may get it redone in stainless at a later date.
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went casually shopping together. He knows im into the real vintage stuff from early 1900s, so he asked my family and his for rings but all were too small.

Finally I told him If he intends on marrying me he should pick it out himself. We'd been together for two years and if he didn't know me well enough to find a ring id die for then we weren't meant to get married.

Obviously he found the perfect ring. :)
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I told my (then, not yet) husband I didn't like diamonds (I find them boring and I'm opposed to how they are procured). He knew I liked white gold, not yellow, and so he picked out a lovely ring with an emerald. I didn't care about the ring, I just wanted to marry him
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    We looked together for about a year and it was soooooooo frustrating. Apparently I am very picky and hate everything. We finally just bought white gold bands for the both of us until I can find a his and hers that I approve of. We may do something custom later on so they are how I want.
  • ervine
    ervine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    He picked the engagement ring out on his own and did a fantastic job!!. Although he did ask me a million questions about the cut and style I wanted. We went together to pick out the wedding band because I wanted to make sure it matched my engagement ring.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I didn't get an engagement ring. Or a proposal. We mutually agreed that we should get married, then did just that 2 months later. I picked out my wedding band and he picked out his :smile:
  • lilybear84
    Options
    I didn't get an engagement ring. Or a proposal. We mutually agreed that we should get married, then did just that 2 months later. I picked out my wedding band and he picked out his :smile:
    [/quote

Thats exaactly what me and my fiance did