Heavy lifters, do you get offended when...?

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilders aren't strong enough to be power lifters.

Power lifters are too fat to be body builders.

thats a joke right?

Yeah. And it wasn't even mine.
  • LiftHuff
    Options
    Good for you for not paying attention to what others do at the gym. But I'm a trainer at a gym so unfortunately, I have to pay attention to what people do and say.

Your clients, maybe.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Not at all

Nice avatar brah!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    "In my opinion, if you can do 15 reps, that weight isn't heavy enough."

Good to know.
    So the number of reps should be 8-10, with the last few very difficult?

It depends. If you are doing a pyramid 21 reps / 13 reps / 8 reps / 5 reps / 8 reps / 13 reps/ 21 reps
    The weight needs to be according to the set.

Other days are different routines, circuits, super sets, regular sets (10 reps), and all kinds of switching up routines (That is what is great about the Adonis Index Workout and the Venus Index Workout)

You can't lift heavy all the time (well you can)
    But if you change it up, well, it changed my body to what it is today. Been doing this workout a year now and out of over 30 years of lifting this is the best I've ever looked and the strongest I've ever been!

21 reps? wholly moley. I've never done that many.

Yep that last set is REAL FUN! LOL But we only do pyramids for a few weeks, and can do some circuit and super set days in between. Then we have some modified pyramids, and other stuff. Always something different, every day, every week, it's AWESOME and never boring. Any type of pyramid like that makes me sore every time.

can you message me more info? I'd love to try that!
  • LiftHuff
    Options

thats a joke right?

It's actually generally true at competition levels. There are very few bodybuilders strong enough to be competitive powerlifters in their weight classes, and most serious powerlifters carry way too much bf to be on stage in a bodybuilding comp.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Do you get offended when people who don't lift heavy, claim that they are heavy lifters?

According to these standards, I fall in between advanced and elite. I've been back in the gym for about 1.5 years now after a 4 year hiatus. I know some people at the gym that have been lifting for years and are nowhere near these standards for their years of experience, yet they brag to all their friends about how heavy they lift.

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.htm

You sound like an egomaniac does it really matter? Maybe it makes them try harder. You need to stop worrying about what others say and do your own thing.

So you find bragging about accomplishments you really haven't achieved acceptable? In my mind, that's being a poser.

And in my mind the fact that you care this much to make a post about it your leaning towards pathetic. Who gives a rats *kitten*. I don't care what other people are doing in the gym I focus on what i need to get done. If your wasting that much time paying attention to others you could be doing more reps just sayin.

Good for you for not paying attention to what others do at the gym. But I'm a trainer at a gym so unfortunately, I have to pay attention to what people do and say.

So why the angst??
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    okkkayyyyyyyy then. Why did you ask?

i think that was a compliment. eww. rude. someone commends your training and you respond with sarcasm. okkkaaayy then.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

thats a joke right?

It's actually generally true at competition levels. There are very few bodybuilders strong enough to be competitive powerlifters in their weight classes, and most serious powerlifters carry way too much bf to be on stage in a bodybuilding comp.

Yup, Lou Ferrigno got owned when he competed in a strongman competition.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options

thats a joke right?

In the big comp's yeah i can see that. Not so much on the amateur levels though, there is much more of a mix
  • LiftHuff
    Options

thats a joke right?

In the big comp's yeah i can see that. Not so much on the amateur levels though, there is much more of a mix

trufax
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Why get offended. Just focus on yourself, and let behaviors speak for itself
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    okkkayyyyyyyy then. Why did you ask?

i think that was a compliment. eww. rude. someone commends your training and you respond with sarcasm. okkkaaayy then.

Stop. Please.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I think the point is... he is gravely concerned about who's weight is bigger. And that in no way telegraphs any insecurity, whatsoever.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am more offended by guys that load to heavy and do 1/4 squats. *kitten* to the grass is the only way.

Seriously, partial squints don't count LOL!

I can't squat ATG because I have hip displasia and chronic patellar subluxation of both knee caps and general tracking problems. Affects my range of motion. Added weight means added pressure. So I go parallel. I'm not going to criticize anyone. Nothing like trying to show off and getting your hip joint caught wrong and locked or slipping out of place. lol

I also go parallel. If that doesn't suit people then F-em.

Squat Nazis... *L*
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I think the point is... he is gravely concerned about who's weight is bigger. And that in no way telegraphs any insecurity, whatsoever.

heheheheheh!!!!
  • sixrings
    sixrings Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for 30 years and now only do it to keep fit but when I was younger and in athletics I did it for power. I don't get offended by anything anyone says about lifting or how much they lift. I am just impressed that they go to the gym.

I do get bothered by heavy lifters at the gym that make a scene by grunting and growning and throwing weight around like they are trying to break it by dropping it. I think they are the gym version of prima donna's.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    [

heheheheheh!!!!

y-u-no-meme-generator-commenters-y-u-no-read-full-posts-7d7f49.jpg
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I prefer to save being offended for things that really matter.

^ This. I don't care how much anyone else is lifting. Why should you?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Parallel is fine. You don't HAVE to go *kitten* to grass. As low as you can go without injury as long as it's at least parallel is good. Also, when you go low, you have to watch for "butt wink", which is also bad (although I don't understand it well).
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Parallel is fine. You don't HAVE to go *kitten* to grass. As low as you can go without injury as long as it's at least parallel is good. Also, when you go low, you have to watch for "butt wink", which is also bad (although I don't understand it well).

According to the Squat Nazis anything but ATG is not for realz! :tongue: