Tarshs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • DreamerZenko
    DreamerZenko Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    "Carbs are killing you"
    Oh my...

Dude... they totally try to. I once choked on a crunchberry when I was little.

XD lmao! btw, I love your avatar picture! Totoro is too adorable :)

- - -
    F37F4A06-AB04-48B4-A182-2636FC1A9BD5-4085-00000653B188A81D.jpg
    So you're one of those MSNBC "news" people...

One of their polls last night showed that 96% of people prefer Obama to Romney. If that isn't a biased b.s. poll, I don't know what is.

POLITICS? IN MY FITNESS FORUM?
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs and am not fat, nor do I have whatever cravings your cartoon shows. So, um, theory wrong. Calories in/calories out, take in more than you burn and you are certain to gain weight/be overweight.

But whatever makes y`all happy.

Also, all caps + arrows = annoying.

THAN DON"T READ THE ONES WITH ALL CAPS ----> :)
  • natuhlay
    natuhlay Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a condolence thread. I do feel bad for people who can't eat a normal amount of carbohydrates. :ohwell:

I'm just glad that I have no insulin or blood sugar issues. :wink:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

So you're one of those MSNBC "news" people...

One of their polls last night showed that 96% of people prefer Obama to Romney. If that isn't a biased b.s. poll, I don't know what is.

MSNBC is *almost* as bad as Fox. All of the corporate "mainstream media" tell lies and misinformation. However, there have actually been studies done that show Fox News viewers are not only more uninformed than folks that don't watch any news, but also more misinformed than those who watch other networks. The most informed people are those that read their news rather than watching it on TV.
  • risak
    risak Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Infographics are BS. They are beautiful and nice to look at but they are not factual.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a condolence thread. I do feel bad for people who can't eat a normal amount of carbohydrates. :ohwell:

I'm just glad that I have no insulin or blood sugar issues. :wink:

What's normal for you might not be normal for someone else. We are all different with different nutritional needs. No one asked for your pity.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Infographics are BS. They are beautiful and nice to look at but they are not factual.

they can be factual, this one is just BS.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

they can be factual, this one is just BS.

This. Seriously. This falls into the category of "It's on the internet, so it must be true!"
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I did low carb several times and each time lost a crap ton of weight. But I felt TERRIBLE! I had no energy to do anything! It was terrible. If I didn't eat every two hours I'd start to get nauseated. My doctor told me to go lower carb because of my stomach issues and I told her she was freakin crazy. I went low carb and all it did was make my stomach issues worse.

I am not saying that it doesn't work...it does. But it's NOT for me! LOL!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I EAT ALL THE CARBS

and oh wait, I lost weight..... strange how that works. Guess my body missed the "stored as fat" signal or something.

Unless you have a medical issue, eating carbs and or fats will not make you gain or retain fat- eating at a calorie surplus will.

Eat at a caloric deficit, be mindful of macros, and exercise- you can eat whatever you want!
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in all that low carb nonsense. I lost 116 pounds, and I eat a ****load of carbs every day.
    Just eat healthy, and move your *kitten*. Stay around your food goal and the fat will burn.
    Simple as that.
    Never hit a plateau either. Not in 19 months. Aren't all those no-carbers always the ones hitting the plateaus? :-)
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    i wish i could copy this!!! So true and bananas are just as fattening as cookies!!!!!

Bananas as fattening as cookies? You're joking right?

I eat a banana literally every single day. They aren't nearly the same thing as eating a cookie, not by a long shot. Yes, sugar and carbs are present, but it's not refined sugar or simple carbs like a cookie. Come on now.

I eat low carb (ok, well, more like "slow carb") because I have PCOS and that's what I have to do in order to lose weight/maintain weight loss. But PLENTY of people eat regular amounts of carbs and do just fine. No one diet plan is "right" or "wrong", everyone's personal body chemistry is different.
  • yvonneW1964
    yvonneW1964 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This thread did not disappoint.

/eating BANANA OH NOES!!!!11
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    *eats banana*

*waits an hour*

*dies*

bananas.png
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Bump....just because I find the graphics amusing. I am a carb lover!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    i am proof positive that low carb is very much sustainable and works, especially as treatment for pcosers out there. i tried the calories in/ out thing for two years with strength/cardio training and the weightloss was next to nothing with twice the amount of effort as a normal body. basically torture for me. i have never had as much energy than when low carbing. im in it for life. tons of awesome lifelong sustainable recipes out there.but for those with no insulin resistance ..or other medical issues.by all means do what works best for you. we're all different:) why so much animosity toward lowcarbers i wonder....