Fake Pictures...

Options

Replies

• ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Yeah, cats, plants etc are all fine...but not taking credit for someone's hard work!!!
  • _KatieKat
    Options
    mine are all real and my little dog too! LOL
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Ya know, sometimes it could even be a man posing as a female for whatever odd reason they have to do that.
    Wow .. that is a great idea .. I never thought of that one.... actually there is no point in hiding behind a phony pic. I ask myself ... who am I trying to fool?
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Why fake it??? If you've got it faunt it I say :smokin:
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Ha.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    I think the bigger issue here is why someone would borrow a JC Penney picture when they could borrow a Glamour Shot instead.

1p54rqtlgb.jpg

AND YES, MY HORN IS REAL BIATCHES!

OMG YES! This pic is full of win :D

Thanks. Would you like to touch my horn?
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    if i shave my belly hair to make it look like i have abs, does that count? :-p
    That could be a topic thread all to itself.

I would read the hell out of that thread!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did you hit on someone and then realize their picture was fake and now you're mad?
    Nope. Next month I've been asked to guest-lecture on Internet based infringement of privately owned intellectual property, pursuant federal statute. Through course of putting together my materials, I was compelled to post an opinion regarding one of my favorite, and most frequented sites.

Would you like to discuss it further? Or was your attempt to be clever sufficiently dashed?

And snap!!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that a vast majority of member pictures on MFP are, or at least appear to be, "real." In fact, compared to most social networks, I think there is a solid argument that MFP members are notably more honest about their pictures than most social sites.

All that said, on occasion, I browse past a profile that is CLEARLY using fake pictures. And I'm not talking about pictures of their pets, funny JPG's, etc. I'm talking about pictures in which a member discusses how great their abs look, when a Copyright © JCPennys.com notice is clearly visible at the bottom. Really?

I guess my point with this post is to ask "why?"

I'm not saying the practice is good, nor bad. I'm just curious about the psychology itself.

Keep being awesome.

What's even funnier? They picked jcpennys? Giggle. Do it up. Pick victoria secret or equivalent ;)
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    Edited because I forgot to quote. Duh!
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    Obviously the abs are real. I love this pic because it made me giggle.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a cat!
  • lostinthe619
    Options
    Hi! I'm a cat!

Meoooowchickawowwow...
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    maybe they are so used to portraying themselves better than reality that they do it here too. they probably also lie about how much money they make and nice of a house they have, etc. I think it boils down to lack of self esteem. They can't accept themselves for who they are, so they don't expect the world to. Maybe as they start to have success using the tools this site offers then they will be ready to use real pics. but then maybe not.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Real Pictures or Bust
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! I've seen one girl posting what appears to be body parts of many different women and oddly enough her face is NEVER in any of the hot parts pics, but only face shots. ....SMH

^^^^ yup! lol
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Obviously the abs are real. I love this pic because it made me giggle.

BUSTED!! Yeah... you're right. My abs are real.... the rest (head etc.) has been photoshopped on :blushing:
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Mine are all real. I would laugh if someone accused me of mine being fake because I feel the pics scream, "amateur photographer." LOL. Seriously. Anyone can clearly see they are of an average woman in her bathing suit and/or fitness clothes in her bathroom. Can't get more real than that. And besides, if I were to post a fake pic, it'd be of a woman with much bigger hips and boobs than me. 'Nuff said.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    my boobs, in one of my pics is real!

why must you call me out like that :cry:

22944315_6434.jpg
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    <
    is this not me.