Fake Pictures...

Options

Replies

• HolyPeas
    Options
    I think that most of the time this is fairly innocent and people are posting goal pictures but maybe their ego gets the best of them so they don't feel like making it clear that it is just a goal photo and not actually them.
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Mine is a picture of a penguin made of cake.... this is not me.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    if i shave my belly hair to make it look like i have abs, does that count? :-p
    That could be a topic thread all to itself.
    Or fake tan "shading" :laugh:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! I've seen one girl posting what appears to be body parts of many different women and oddly enough her face is NEVER in any of the hot parts pics, but only face shots. ....SMH
    Exactly. And my point to that is... wtf? If you don't want to use your real picture, I get it. I'm not exactly "pretty." But why try to deceive other members. That's just kinda creepy.

I guess people use other people's photos for the same reasons people lie about how much weight they lift, or how much money they make. People are posers, fakers and insecure.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

<
    Not my picture

I realized pretty fast that most people do not take the time to read profiles. I have had multiple pictures that I thought would be obvious to all that they were not me. I also had a disclaimer in CAPS on my profile stating the pictures were not me. Still got endless friend requests from women loving my abs. I eventually just closed my profile to friends only and do not accept invites. My friends know what I look like. That is really all that matters to me.

Honestly, the abs in your avatar are kind of intimidating. But I do love the quote!

Yeah, I love the quote also. I thought that choosing an ab pic with a motivational quote and website on it that it would eliminate the "nice abs" friend requests. I was wrong. :noway:
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I didnt read other response, but at least they are not showing only half of the face
  • Keto_Keith
    Options
    Exactly. And my point to that is... wtf? If you don't want to use your real picture, I get it. I'm not exactly "pretty." But why try to deceive other members. That's just kinda creepy.

Creepy like those dudes with like 100 friends and all of them are women...
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! I've seen one girl posting what appears to be body parts of many different women and oddly enough her face is NEVER in any of the hot parts pics, but only face shots. ....SMH

I guess people use other people's photos for the same reasons people lie about how much weight they lift, or how much money they make. People are posers, fakers and insecure.

Agree 100%
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I didnt read other response, but at least they are not showing only half of the face
    Oh... that's just cold... hahahaha.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    Options
    Dont act like you dont know the psychology behind why people use fake photos. You know very well why, this seems to be another one of your "social" experiments Gorilla ;).
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Dont act like you dont know the psychology behind why people use fake photos. You know very well why, this seems to be another one of your "social" experiments Gorilla ;).
    Are you implying that my given Christian name is not Gorilla? I'm offended and hurt. (hahaha)
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    Options
    Are you implying that my given Christian name is not Gorilla? I'm offended and hurt. (hahaha)

-gasp- oh how could you!?! I would never be so crue! -pinnochio nose- ;p
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    <<<<< GOAL PICTURE!!!!!

Now leave me alone!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Yep. It happens. And certain people keep creating profiles and then deleting them, all the while using photos of someone else. Friggin weird-*kitten* mofos out there. :huh:
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Mine is a picture of a penguin made of cake.... this is not me.

I want to eat you
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm always skeptical about adding someone with a "fake" picture. Especially if they don't have information on their page.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    ive never even seen that. holy cow thats stupid.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I like to randomly add one showing a fake spare tire I have.....I mean a spare tire from some else ..........just to mess with everyone:)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I never got the fake pictures myself, either. I have personally been accused of using fake pictures, though, which is a riot. If that were the case, I'd get one with some massive cleavage.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Man i always love your posts. Sooooo agree with this one.