Fake Pictures...

Options

Replies

• capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    if i shave my belly hair to make it look like i have abs, does that count? :-p

Do it and post pictures!
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Fake pictures?

Talk about FAKE PEOPLE

Mfp drama :noway: never ends!!!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I suppose with some people it depends on what they're using this site for most. There are a lot of people here who like to treat the forums as an ego boost with those "say something nice about the person above you" variation threads, and there are people who treat this place like match.com. They're here more for the "look at me, tell me you want me in your bed and flirt dirty with me" stuff than losing any actual weight. So it stands to reason they'd use pictures they found on a google search to better their chances.

And to be honest I never started putting up pictures of myself (I always used my own drawings which were more flattering than they should've been) in places online until after I started dating my boyfriend. I figured if he saw something in me that he liked then I wasn't that bad to look at casually like, say, here where it's my forum avatar and profile pic.
  • purpleblaze
    Options
    I've noticed that a vast majority of member pictures on MFP are, or at least appear to be, "real." In fact, compared to most social networks, I think there is a solid argument that MFP members are notably more honest about their pictures than most social sites.

All that said, on occasion, I browse past a profile that is CLEARLY using fake pictures. And I'm not talking about pictures of their pets, funny JPG's, etc. I'm talking about pictures in which a member discusses how great their abs look, when a Copyright © JCPennys.com notice is clearly visible at the bottom. Really?

I guess my point with this post is to ask "why?"

I'm not saying the practice is good, nor bad. I'm just curious about the psychology itself.

Keep being awesome.

i would never post of my body tho....that would leave room for too many insults haha even tho im super skinny..
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    if i shave my belly hair to make it look like i have abs, does that count? :-p

does it count if they are spray tanned on?
    I use a Sharpie to pencil mine in.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Mine is 100% Chiquita Banana.

i love me some banana wrapped in buns
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    "say something nice about the person above you" variation threads...
    Those get old, quickly.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    One of mine has a watermark from the company that took the photo. The pin up photo really is me. The shoot was done for free for a competition. The exchange was that I posed and got prints for free if the photographer could use it as advertisement by leaving their watermark on the photo. It's called a "Time for" shoot. Nobody got paid, both got some sort of benefit from the exchange.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Hmm haven't seen this yet
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    What if, even though my pictures may seem real... I just stole them from some poor girls Facebook? :D
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    A motivational picture I understand...but at least change it now and then to a picture of yourself. I actually don't accept friend requests unless there is a REAL picture (better yet, two!) on the profile
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    All my pictures are of some other awesome guy I wish I looked like.
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    What if, even though my pictures may seem real... I just stole them from some poor girls Facebook? :D
    Who is she? I wish to friend her.
  • Bobbie47952
    Options
    If there is a picture on my page of a person, it will be me unless otherwise noted.
  • purpleblaze
    Options
    I use a Sharpie to pencil mine in.
    [/quote]

LOL!
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I can assure you all that all of my pictures are 100% me. No faking it. I can't understand why people would want to use fake pictures or copyrighted pictures and pass it off as them. I just don't get it. But hey to each their own I guess.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Who is she? I wish to friend her.

Just some ho. She's not cool at all. ;)
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I've done it before just to play around but the rest of the pics are of me , the way I am daily.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    My picture is absolutely me, taken in 2006, but me. Clothed, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in me then and now (I've got about 10 lbs of fat to lose to get there again).

I may even have a few more muscle pounds now...especially in my upper body.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are just embarrassed? Mine are 100% fake. ; )