Fake Pictures...

Options

Replies

• BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Defintily support if its a goal pic, but not if its some one just hyping a fake profile, and I was curious about some of the 'success stories' with a long post about a huge 100lb+ weightloss but they just joined 3 months ago. I would have thought the success stores would be from people using MFP to as a tool towards their goals.

Maybe they lost some before they joined MFP. I lost over 100 pounds before joining MPF in an attempt to break a 5 year plateau and lose another 30. My ticker only shows a 3 pound loss, but my profile states I've lost over 100.
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    It's like this man:

People are strange when you're a stranger
    Faces look ugly when you're alone
    Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
    Streets are uneven when you're down

When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain
    When you're strange
    No one remembers your name
    When you're strange
    When you're strange
    When you're strange

People are strange dude, very very strange.

THIS! The doors said it best!!
  • sugarshoes
    Options
    What about the super model girlfriend? Did she not fare as well as the nympho cyborgs???
    They ate her.

With bacon ;)
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    What about the super model girlfriend? Did she not fare as well as the nympho cyborgs???
    They ate her.

With bacon ;)
    Well duh. That goes without saying.
  • sugarshoes
    Options
    They ate her.

With bacon ;)

LOL right.. 'speaking' of bacon.. not to sure of these bacon icecreams and sundaes and cakes i've been seeing at restuarants.. seems kinda sacriligious ..
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote] a rl pic of me flexing could pass as a before pic of you gorilla. :sad:
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    My before & after pic's are real
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that a vast majority of member pictures on MFP are, or at least appear to be, "real." In fact, compared to most social networks, I think there is a solid argument that MFP members are notably more honest about their pictures than most social sites.

All that said, on occasion, I browse past a profile that is CLEARLY using fake pictures. And I'm not talking about pictures of their pets, funny JPG's, etc. I'm talking about pictures in which a member discusses how great their abs look, when a Copyright © JCPennys.com notice is clearly visible at the bottom. Really?

I guess my point with this post is to ask "why?"

I'm not saying the practice is good, nor bad. I'm just curious about the psychology itself.

Keep being awesome.

haha.

If you're gonna fake it people, AT LEAST remove any watermarks first ...

except some watermarks ARE real. I'm a part time photographer and I sign my work that I do as "freebies" for various people/events (unless I'm paid, then I leave off the copyright and just get a different kind of credit)--I shoot a lot of local musicians and the photos are all over FB and other social media/music sites--I want the credit for my work. However, I don't do a lot of portraits (yet) so I can't say anyone's used my stuff on MFP, yet.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    It's funny, it never occurred to me to use anything BUT real photos...except for my one photo of Felix running that I am currently using...but it's OBVIOUSLY not me ;)
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I've seen some guys drooling over certain lady MFP users... and I don't have the heart to tell them to look closely at the pictures and notice how they aren't all the same person... :/ Oh well!
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    <<<<This silhouette is totally me. What?
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    As a newbie...

1. This section of the forum is the only one that appears to have lots of "fakeness" and attention seeking behavior. Everywhere else people seem mostly genuinely concerned with improving themselves and helping others.

And 2. Give yourself more credit! :)
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    <---this is totally me. :tongue:

but on a serious note I think the people using fake pictures like that (not the goal pics) just want attention or are trying to get a date. idk people are weird sometimes. :ohwell:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

<
    Not my picture

I realized pretty fast that most people do not take the time to read profiles. I have had multiple pictures that I thought would be obvious to all that they were not me. I also had a disclaimer in CAPS on my profile stating the pictures were not me. Still got endless friend requests from women loving my abs. I eventually just closed my profile to friends only and do not accept invites. My friends know what I look like. That is really all that matters to me.

Honestly, the abs in your avatar are kind of intimidating. But I do love the quote!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Mine is of a model.
  • NeonRainbow83
    NeonRainbow83 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Ego boost. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I called someone out on this once and they stopped logging on and deactivated a few days later. derp
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    564625_325417034215438_1538721252_n.jpg
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is not me although the likeness is uncanny.

I'm sure nobody will notice the difference
  • LupaNera
    Options
    My picture is just me maybe more than a real picture. Love dogs and wolves. <3