To fellow MFP Christians out there

Options

Replies

• mitchpvt
    mitchpvt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Psalm 103:5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
    So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

The encouragement here is to eat the good things He provides. Like the orange instead of the twinkie. I am reminded of how I feel after I eat either. Certainly more renewed by the orange.
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Would you please message me, too? I'd love to belong to some Christian groups on here.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I've already posted this... but, I am posting again. I love this forum. Thank you, OP, for starting this. God worked through you today to give great encouragement to many. God bless you.
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all the quotes on this thread. Can someone message me regarding christian gromps on this board?
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It has been civil for once. With that, I add:

1st Corinthians 8:8

But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse.

So eat away, just work out some every once in a while.
  • urfitnesspal2
    urfitnesspal2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You can find a list of some of the Christian groups at:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?phrase=Christian

If you have a particular faith, you can type that into the search box to see if there are any specific to you!

:smile:
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I have Proverbs 3:5-6 on my bathroom mirror. I stare at it every morning while I'm getting ready. I've always loved Jeremiah 29:11. When I was going through the bad end of a relationship, God led me to Colossians 1:11-12- "God will strengthen you with his own great power so that you will not give up when troubles come, but you will be patient. And you will joyfully give thanks to the Father who has made you" (NCV)

Hope that helps!

GREAT ONE!
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.
    1Cor 15:10
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Here's a possible resource for you: http://www.lightweigh.com/
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    to help you with your journey.....
    "Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world....she took the midnight train going anywhere....." \m/

I swear. I think I love you.
  • jhutch2011
    jhutch2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    If I am offended.....nobody cares.
    If I offend you it's then end of the World amiright?
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    bump
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

ALSO! The only verse I know off by heart... and which I never really saw in the light of weight loss until this moment:

"Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 10:19-20,nlt
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

LOL... Thank you for the giggle! I'm so glad God gave us a sense of humor. I think He has one! After all, He made you. Just kidding! Just kidding! *ducks and runs away* :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.