To fellow MFP Christians out there

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    People Need To Lift More Not To TAKE Creatine...
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    This thread is awesome, I've found a lot of inspiring words here. :flowerforyou:

I'd like to share what inspires me: Isaiah 43. I keep a stamp of it in my wallet, and when I'm feeling discouraged or overwhelmed by anything in my life, I read it. Here's an excerpt:

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
    When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
    and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
    When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.
    For I am the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;"

There's a part of that text that reads "You are precious and honored in my sight, and I love you." Important words to keep in mind, especially in those low points when you feel like you weigh a thousand pounds and are unpleasant to the sight of anyone, even your own. :smile:
  • maybaby56
    Options
    In my own words...how about when Paul said "the very thing that I don't want to do, I do...and the very thing I should be doing, I don't" even biblical people had trouble failing. Even though Paul knew to do better he didn't, but God loved him. I think acknowledging that everyone fails sometimes keeps you from getting so down on yourself. Failure has nothing to do with how much God loves us. Don't give Satan credit when you are tempted and fail. He would rather have your soul than your fat! These are fleshly battles, not spiritual ones. I know that no matter what I am going through, no matter how much of a fit I am throwing, that my heavenly Father has my hand and is patiently waiting for me to straighten up. We know how much we want for our earthly children, we need to remember how much more our Heavenly Father wants for us, and how proud He is of us. (again, my opinion)
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    A) I am sorry you have excluded me

B) I am sorry you can't do things on your own

C) I am sorry for saying A and B
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bump
  • livestrong61
    Options
    I like Psalms 23
    The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.

great thread
  • Plates559
    Options
    “Do not fear, for I have roided for you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
    When you pass through the weight room,
    I will be with you;
    and when you pass through the Cardio room,
    they will not sweep over you.
    When you walk through the Stretching room,
    you will be more limber;
    the DOMS will not set you ablaze.
    For I am Zyzz your God,
    the Holy One of Gains, your Spotter;"

- Isaiah 43
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Can you please take this over to your own group.
    Not all of us find imaginary friends so appealing and can do things of our own volition.

Really? Don't read the thread. Wow... so easy! :flowerforyou:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have some encouraging words that they use to help with the weight loss journey? I'd like to incorporate my faith into it in the hopes that it will give me some strength. There is no way I'd be able to do this (or anything) without the Lord!
    John 15:5
    I am the vine,
    you are the branches.
    He who abides in Me, and I in him,
    bears much fruit;
    for without Me you can do nothing.
  • livestrong61
    Options
    People Need To Be Mindful Not To TAKE Certain Scriptures Out Of Context...

agree
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    A) I am sorry you have excluded me

B) I am sorry you can't do things on your own

C) I am sorry for saying A and B

I am sorry that you feel sorry and unsure why you feel excluded. Surely you can find some wisdom in these verses, even if they do not come from a book you consider Holy. I mean, if I can find wisdom in Scientology surely you can find wisdom here. :) Good luck to you!

Ec 9:11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
  • gc2951
    Options
    I bought a flip book at the Christian book store. It is titled "365Days of Inspiration for a Healthier You" and gives a verse and thought for the day for each day of the year. I keep it where I can't help but see it daily.
  • alison0511
    Options
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but there is a great website called PrayFit that gives you a daily devotion centered around fitness! I use it almost everyday and love it! It is really inspiring!

Thanks! I'll have to check that one out! :smile:
  • Plates559
    Options
    John 15:5
    I am the barbell,
    you are the weights.
    He who lifts with Me, and I with him,
    bears many gains;
    for without Me you can do nothing.
  • Plates559
    Options
    People Need To Be Mindful Not To TAKE Certain Scriptures Out Of Context...

agree

Zyzz the Lord God, agrees as well
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I wonder how a thread asking for encouraging words from fellow MFP Atheists/Agnostics/Irreligious would be received..

I am not a Christian but I appreciate how people can take their faith and support each other with it.
    Faith used like this should always be admired.

I would hope that respect for the beliefs of others would be part of the the civil education we all receive.

Ditto from another non-Christian The post's title quite clearly says what it is and I cant see how anyone can be offended by it. Maybe I was lucky to be bought up to respect other peoples religions etc even if i don't believe in them.

One thing that I have seen on this page that many people find great support in sharing their faith and how is that upsetting or wrong? I'm quite happy to see this stay where it is and I'm certainly not offended by it.
  • deltalbarbie
    Options
    You can try a prayer journal where you write down you feeling and needs. It helps you "petition God with prayers and supplication."
  • Josh
    Josh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Howdy folks,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Joshua
    MyFitnessPal Forum Staff
This discussion has been closed.