Replies

• Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have been reading 10 Lessons from a former fat girl by amy parham. She is a former contestant on the biggest loser. and it talks about how to include God in your strive to get healthy. It is mainly about coming to terms with the emotional struggles that can lead to over eating, weight gain, etc. There is also another book called "Becoming the woman I want to be" by donna Partow. Both are available at most christian bookstores. :) I haven't heard of Made to Crave but I will definitely have to check it out! You can add me as a friend if you want!!
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Praise science!

No, praise me for I am God
  • stephfranke
    stephfranke Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks ! I needed to hear some encouragement. For those who would like, feel free to message me and /or add me. Maybe we should get a group going??? Thoughts?
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    For the record...I never said anyone is wrong, shouldn't hold their beliefs, or that this thread should or should not exist. I have NEVER even said what my beliefs are. No one was trying to ruin anyones faith. The point is and was, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. If a thread goes against the "rules", which again I don't even agree with, then they should all be treated equally. That this thread and other threads like it stay ten times longer than others baffles me.

END.RANT.

and have a freakin' Blessed Day!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    If I am offended.....nobody cares.
    If I offend you it's then end of the World amiright?

This thread was an appeal to Christians. If you are not one, why enter it? Seriously?
    I'm sure there were a few Christians offended in this thread by the people coming in to persecute. Do you see the apocalypse? I don't think so.

Most of us will just take it as the Bible states it "Blessed are you when you are persecuted"

I learned a few weeks ago NOT to say anything in threads that I don't agree with, because no one would listen anyway. Waste of my time, and my passion, when it is better used to help people who want it.

And if you feel this is preachy, again, the thread is an appeal to Christians. Be prepared for it.

THIS!!! Why do so many people feel that if they don't agree with a thread (no matter if it's about religion, politics, sexual orientation, should I eat this many calories, etc) then they have to comment. Just don't comment!!! She's looking for support and a way to incorporate what she believes into her weight loss journey. Why does anyone who doesn't believe in this feel they should comment?

First of all, no one is being persecuted. That's a bit more than dramatic. Second of all, the issue that people have is that there is a specific rule in the MFP Forum guidelines that states that religious topics are not allowed in the forums. I've seen dozens upon dozens of posts get locked and/or deleted because the topic turned to religion that was not in favor of Christianity. THIS is no different. I don't care what anyone's belief or faith is....I appreciate and respect people for the person they are....however, this post still being here just shows how ridiculously hypocrytical the mods here are.
  • Jonahisout
    Options
    Blessed are your princes that eat for strength and not for drunkenness.
  • Plates559
    Options
    Blessed be the god of fit, Zyzz, brother of Zeus, for he roided for our sins.
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! Bump for later! Thanks to all of you for posting these wonderful verses, really needed this reminder today.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    First of all, no one is being persecuted. That's a bit more than dramatic. Second of all, the issue that people have is that there is a specific rule in the MFP Forum guidelines that states that religious topics are not allowed in the forums. I've seen dozens upon dozens of posts get locked and/or deleted because the topic turned to religion that was not in favor of Christianity. THIS is no different. I don't care what anyone's belief or faith is....I appreciate and respect people for the person they are....however, this post still being here just shows how ridiculously hypocrytical the mods here are.
    I agree that saying Christians are being "persecuted" is a bit dramatic. Regarding the rules, though, it says divisive topics are BEST SUITED for groups, so it's not technically violating a rule. The reason certain topics are best suited for groups is because of the arguing that ends up going on. I still have no idea why this hasn't been moved to a group yet!
  • Mellie13
    Options
    For the record, I didn't read the other posts, but if you check out my profile, I have scriptures that encourage and help me with my journey!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you" (Deut. 31:6).Stay safe and God Bless!!!
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Plates559
    Options
    I believe in Zyzz, the Brother Almighty, Creator of Curls and Roids, and is Jesus CURLst, His only Bro. Who was conceived in the Heavy Lifts, curled the Virgin Mary, benched under tons of plates, was crossfit, dieted, and was mired.

The barbell descended into hell, and at the third set it rose again from the dead. Zyzz ascended it to Heaven, and in now doing seated curls at the right hand of God.

He shall come again and flex for the living and the dead.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later!

Encouraging to see so many children of God on this site! Happy Friday!!
  • Truemoose
    Truemoose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.
    ~ George Washington Carver
  • Plates559
    Options
    I also believe in the Gravity Devil, through his adversity we are tried and proven swoll. He is what makes the deadlifts heavy and hard, he is the vial creator of the half squat, smith machine and cheat rep. Because he rebelled against the one true Zyzz he was cast down to the world of crossfit to lift for time with terrible form. And on his belly while doing burpees dust he shall eat.
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bumpily bump! I will be perusing this thread what a great way to encourage one another~
  • jt221990
    jt221990 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1 Corinthians 9:27

No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
  • Plates559
    Options
    "Yea and there shall be many which shall say 'eat drink and be marry for tomorrow we die', But I say unto thee if thou eatest not of the chicken and broccoli thou shalt have no gains in my kingdom."
This discussion has been closed.