To fellow MFP Christians out there

Options

Replies

• russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Although this would have probably been less "exciting" in one of the Christian groups, I've been refreshed by the Scriptures, nonetheless! :smile:

A verse I think is fitting is I Timothy 6:6:

"But godliness with contentment is great gain."

How much happier would be our journey, both in life and in weight loss, if we would keep our focus on being Godly and being satisfied with having what we need, instead of always reaching for something else to satisfy us. After all, hasn't He promised to supply our needs as we trust and obey Him?

We'd save ourselves so much distress if we would eat until we were satisfied instead of eating beyond that point and wishing we hadn't eaten at all! LOL
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I wonder how a thread asking for encouraging words from fellow MFP Atheists/Agnostics/Irreligious would be received..

im not any of those so i wouldnt even open it let alone comment in it......which is why i dont understand why people of that belief would open or comment in here.....

Amen.

It would be closed in 10 minutes, and then they would close this thread to be "fair" Atheist threads don't last long without the religious people reporting it, even if it isn't talking bad about gods

all it takes is one person....dont lump everyone together...i wouldnt report it because i could care less and if it brings u joy and doesnt harm anyone have at it.....im sure someone who didnt believe in this thread reported it
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    The mods just need to be consistent. They can easily move this thread to the Christians Unite group, and the other one to the Atheist group. They don't need to delete either of them.

Hallejulah! but that would be too simple!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    The mods just need to be consistent. They can easily move this thread to the Christians Unite group, and the other one to the Atheist group. They don't need to delete either of them.

I totally agree.
  • MsBunnyBaby
    Options
    :smile:
  • loricolwill
    loricolwill Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bump. Needed to see this today. :smile:
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I wonder how a thread asking for encouraging words from fellow MFP Atheists/Agnostics/Irreligious would be received..

You should start one and see, I doubt the Christians will start trolling on you.

^This
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    OP: Thanks for starting this thread. Lots of encouraging verses, prayers and stories have been shared. God bless you. :)
    I'll second that!
    I'm reading thru the thread over and over again, gleaning from everyone's input.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

Personally, I just wouldn't go to that thread. They have the right to state their beliefs. Just like we have the right to state ours.

And, I may be laughed at, ridiculed, and mocked for saying this... but, I really wish the Christians on this post would stop allowing the fighting to continue. I know it's hard to ignore. It's hard for me to ignore. But, post what we believe, without adding the sarcastic comments back. Or just ignore the non-believer's post all together. Starting a fight is the quickest way to get a forum like this deleted. Personally, I think it should stay up. I wouldn't go into another thread and ridicule their beliefs. I wished some would give us the same courtesy.
  • AmberJo1984
    Options
    Can you please take this over to your own group.
    Not all of us find imaginary friends so appealing and can do things of our own volition.

You came here, looking for us, not the other way around.

yes, but my thread about disliking Nickleback gets deleted because its not a thread everyone can take part in....how is this different?

I can't believe you are comparing nickleback to our Faith in Jesus Christ....

I am just saying if the rules state thread must be able to include everyone that goes for Jesus Christ as well.

Jesus Christ does include everyone. Not everyone includes Him.

depends on who you ask...plenty of Christians don't think that way.

I know Jesus Christ includes everyone, and gives everyone the right to choose Him.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    And, I may be laughed at, ridiculed, and mocked for saying this... but, I really wish the Christians on this post would stop allowing the fighting to continue.
    I don't really see any fighting. I see some asking others not to derail, troll, or ridicule in here but it's actually been quite civil. We've had far worse!
  • AmberJo1984
    Options

I am not a Christian but I appreciate how people can take their faith and support each other with it.
    Faith used like this should always be admired.

I would hope that respect for the beliefs of others would be part of the the civil education we all receive.

Thank you for this thought. I appreciate your respect. :smile:
  • buudharich
    Options
    I'm a Buddhist Chaplain and posted something about the Psalms. It's not all bad or different.
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading the book "Reshaping it all" by Candace Cameron Bure and it was phenomenal in helping me to stay motivated!
  • tzeoli86
    tzeoli86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I am Catholic, but not a "bible quoter", but I know it says somewhere that your body is a temple and of course your time on Earth is certainly a gift that should not be wasted.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading the book "Reshaping it all" by Candace Cameron Bure and it was phenomenal in helping me to stay motivated!

And she looks awesome!
  • AuburnGirl2001
    AuburnGirl2001 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump! These are great!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying reading the scriptures which you have read or remembered today,
    and how they have encouraged you.
    Please keep those coming...

Psalm 37:5 Commit your way the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.

This makes me remember all the ways God has helped me until now,
    when what I do is for Him.:)
  • kathyimitchell
    Options
    Loved and needed every single scripture you've all posted. THANKS!
This discussion has been closed.