Well that was rather rude !!!

Options
louiseshaw88
louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
Just need a little vent !! Popped to the local village in my lunch hour to go to the bank and when I returned to the car park and sat in my car i noticed the car infront of me driving off but there was a handbag by the back wheel so i jumped out of my car and ran to the car with the bag in my hand (which was now near the car park exit!) and tapped on the window, the women put her window down and when i asked "is this your bag?" she said "oooooo yeah it is" shut the door and drove off !! no thank you !!! ooooo boiled my blood !!! x

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I guess that's where they get the expression - "no good deed goes unpunished". Yes it was totally rude of her not to thank you!!!!
  • louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Stood there in total shock - wish id not of seen it now and let her lose it x
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    So, does that mean you're only willing to do good things if people are polite afterwards? Anybody can do that. It takes a stronger person to love unconditionally and not care about the response.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Maybe her fish just died and she was mourning. Not everyone is rainbows and butterflies all day, every day.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I hate people like that. Same goes for when I hold the door for someone, no thank you...nothing. Makes me wish I slammed the door in their face.
  • coliema
    Options
    Ooo jeez, here we go! All the angels of MFP are coming out! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I held the door for a man the other day, he walked through to another set of doors and I was right behind him and he just let the door shut on me. SO RUDE. :noway:
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I kicked a cat in the street the other day right in front of the kid playing with it.. did he say thanks???? no... so rude.....
  • coliema
    Options
    I kicked a cat in the street the other day right in front of the kid playing with it.. did he say thanks???? no... so rude.....

Sooo pointless.
  • tenaheff
    Options
    Maybe her fish just died and she was mourning. Not everyone is rainbows and butterflies all day, every day.

Not an acceptable excuse in my view. No matter how bad her day was, a simple thank you was in order.
  • bikermike5094
    Options

Sooo pointless.
    It wasnt pointless!! It was a cat that needed a good boot......
  • HRCephei
    Options

Not an acceptable excuse in my view. No matter how bad her day was, a simple thank you was in order.

Such an entitled mentality. I'll only do for you if you do for me.
  • coliema
    Options

Sooo pointless.
    It wasnt pointless!! It was a cat that needed a good boot......

I outta give you a good boot, BUT since you have a Harley, I'm assuming, I will not. Plus, I don't think my size 8 will do any damage.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I think someone important once said-

it's better to give than to receive"

if she forgot her purse she was obviously distracted by something, right?

you earned some karma points...rejoice and have a nice cold apple with some peanut butter!
  • tenaheff
    Options

Whatever... A bit judgmental though, aren't you? I never said I wouldn't do for someone else if they didn't do for me. I have done quite a few things for people completely anonymously. That does not mean it is acceptable for others to lack simple courtesy and manners.
  • bikermike5094
    Options
    this wasnt a cute fuzzy little kitten, it was a mangy looking cat with no collar, had its ears back and my neighbors 5 yr old was trying to pet it. I didnt want this kid to get shredded bit or worse rabies, so i sent the cat on down the street.... not everything is as it seems....
  • HRCephei
    Options

Whatever... A bit judgmental though, aren't you? I never said I wouldn't do for someone else if they didn't do for me. I have done quite a few things for people completely anonymously. That does not mean it is acceptable for others to lack simple courtesy and manners.

Well, it's not anonymous now. Good for you. We all do it. I just don't expect anything in return and I certainly don't get angry if they don't thank me.
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was not her bag, and she didn't want to hang about when the owner came out and saw you helping her steal it.
    Did you actually think?
  • coliema
    Options
    this wasnt a cute fuzzy little kitten, it was a mangy looking cat with no collar, had its ears back and my neighbors 5 yr old was trying to pet it. I didnt want this kid to get shredded bit or worse rabies, so i sent the cat on down the street.... not everything is as it seems....
    :laugh: But the mangy looking cat is just a baby, he just looks mangy because he's had a rough life. His mom and dad abandoned him, and he's had to fend for himself his whole life. He was born with his ears back.
  • tenaheff
    Options

Well, it's not anonymous now. Good for you. We all do it. I just don't expect anything in return and I certainly don't get angry if they don't thank me.

Of course it is still anonymous. No one who has received anything from me anonymously knows now either. It has remained anonymous. I didn't give you or anyone else on this site any details. Simply demonstrating that you rushed to an erroneous judgment. I am done arguing over this though. The OP was simply venting. I happen to agree with her. You don't. That is fine. We don't have to agree. I am fine with that and I hope you are too.