Well that was rather rude !!!

Options

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i would have flipped her the bird for her rudeness.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options

point missed maybe but like ive said no matter what i was going through i would have said thank you is my point

There must be a nice view from up there on that high horse!!
  • shan1204
    Options
    Meh...she may have just been in a hurry.

I do good things for people all the time....getting a thank you back is icing on the cake.

I didnt do it for a thank you, im just shocked she didnt think to say it - but maybe thats just me

No, definitely not just you. She should have said thank you but she obviously lacks manners.
  • louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Just need a little vent !! Popped to the local village in my lunch hour to go to the bank and when I returned to the car park and sat in my car i noticed the car infront of me driving off but there was a handbag by the back wheel so i jumped out of my car and ran to the car with the bag in my hand (which was now near the car park exit!) and tapped on the window, the women put her window down and when i asked "is this your bag?" she said "oooooo yeah it is" shut the door and drove off !! no thank you !!! ooooo boiled my blood !!! x

should have held onto it and said prove its yours and offer a reward

I shall remeber that one for next time :)
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Meh...she may have just been in a hurry.

I do good things for people all the time....getting a thank you back is icing on the cake.

I didnt do it for a thank you, im just shocked she didnt think to say it - but maybe thats just me

Well that's just it....doesn't mean she's rude...just means she had other things on her mind. I've done it in the past....a hour later thought "Geez how nice of so and so to let me know I dropped that $20...wish I hadn't been out of my mind and said thanks". Again, it was nice of you to react and get her bag to her.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the comments but...

I don't care if her fish did die and she's in mourning. Or if she's not always sunshine and rainbows all day, every day, but she should damn well be thankful that she now does not have to search for her lost purse or request new cards, license, etc. because even if she was just told she has cancer and is going to die in two months, she still needs a valid license and debit/credit cards (yes, I do realize she could just go to her bank and take out cash but I typically get asked for photo ID). Doing good deeds to get a thank you has absolutely nothing to do with it.
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Plenty of a-holes out there. I was sitting in rush hour traffic, parking break on and a woman reversed out of a side road and bumped my car. It was a nothing bump and I never flip out in situations like that. As I turned to see what was going on, she had leapt out of her car and was banging on my window, shouting "excuse me! excuse me! you just bumped my car!". I said "I haven't moved in 5 minutes but are you ok?". She kept flipping out and I kept repeating nicely "are you ok?" LOL. Eventually she snapped out of her rage and said "oh... yeah... thanks" and drove off LOL! Brilliant.
  • louiseshaw88
    Options

point missed maybe but like ive said no matter what i was going through i would have said thank you is my point

There must be a nice view from up there on that high horse!!

Im sorry if somehow ive offended you because i really dont see the need for the tone in your replies, im not on a high horse because i would have said thank you, and if you think im on a high horse because thats the way ive been brought up then i will happily sit here enjoying this view
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    what makes me mad is when my one of my kids (ages six and nine) holds a door open for a grown adult and they get ignored for it. I usually say THANK YOU FOR HOLDING THE DOOR FOR THAT PERSON loud enough for them to hear.

Ha! That's awesome! I'd never be able to say anything outloud like that though o.o

But, while I can understand someone forgetting to say thanks or whatever (because it happens) It doesn't mean the OP doesn't have the right to rant about not getting a thanks. Especially in the world we live it today, I can totally expect to the woman to really not care at all about thanking the OP
    Which is rude. Make whatever excuses you want to degrade the OP for expecting a thank you. Bottom line is, OP Deserved a thank you.

Now that being said, continuing to rant about the girl probably isn't necessary. As some have said, she may have forgotten, simple as that. Now is when you just go "I did something good because it was the right thing to do and whatever comes of it, comes of it, time to move on."
  • fallintomyworld
    fallintomyworld Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    but it's still nice to get at least a thank you. :smile:
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    what makes me mad is when my one of my kids (ages six and nine) holds a door open for a grown adult and they get ignored for it. I usually say THANK YOU FOR HOLDING THE DOOR FOR THAT PERSON loud enough for them to hear.

Ha! That's awesome! I'd never be able to say anything outloud like that though o.o

But, while I can understand someone forgetting to say thanks or whatever (because it happens) It doesn't mean the OP doesn't have the right to rant about not getting a thanks. Especially in the world we live it today, I can totally expect to the woman to really not care at all about thanking the OP
    Which is rude. Make whatever excuses you want to degrade the OP for expecting a thank you. Bottom line is, OP Deserved a thank you.

Now that being said, continuing to rant about the girl probably isn't necessary. As some have said, she may have forgotten, simple as that. Now is when you just go "I did something good because it was the right thing to do and whatever comes of it, comes of it, time to move on."

^^ I fully agree with this! you're much better with words than I am apparently as I received a handslap for my post :embarassed:
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If that's the worst thing that happens to you all day it's going to be a great day. :wink:

Well said! But yeah...rude people stink. There's no arguing with that point. It's nice to know there's still nice people out there who will run after me if I leave my purse on the ground. I totally would have said thank you!! :)
  • louiseshaw88
    Options
    If everyone could just read the first line of the post - I was ranting i really appreciate everyones point of view as each person is entiltied to their opinion & yes ive maybe slightly changed my mind slightly as to the fact she didnt apologise i shouldnt have assumed she did it because she was rude ect different people react in different ways in situations i guess - have a good weekend !
  • this wasnt a cute fuzzy little kitten, it was a mangy looking cat with no collar, had its ears back and my neighbors 5 yr old was trying to pet it. I didnt want this kid to get shredded bit or worse rabies, so i sent the cat on down the street.... not everything is as it seems....

O, that's exactly how it seems. LUL DE BEHANGER! Censor that.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Please & thank you go a long way. Sad that instead of it being a natural reaction, some view it as entitlement. Sad, really.
  • louiseshaw88
    Options

^^ I fully agree with this! you're much better with words than I am apparently as I received a handslap for my post :embarassed:

Ive had a few slaps round the face for this topic ! haha thanks for your input :)
  • mbgyrl
    Options
    Honey just pat yourself on the back and keep doing good! Those who sew greatly will reap greatly! I am a firm believer of that because good things happen to good people and something great is coming your way. Things never happen as quickly as we want them too because let's face it none of us, INCLUDING ME, like to wait for anything, but trust me you will get your reward and it doesn't necessarily have to be from her with a thank you, although that would have been the nice AND right thing to do!! I only wish there more people like you, so don't sweat the small stuff and keep it moving. You did a great thing for her and for that I will tell you THANK YOU!!!
  • jesshall281
    Options
    I have learnt not to expect a Thank you if I do something kind for someone else because I learnt a tough lesson:

I once held a door for a young man and he walked through and didn't say anything, I then shouted 'Your welcome!' as he was walking off, as i turned around, a woman was running after him through the door and said 'im so sorry, he has autism and doesn't quiet understand polite gestures!'

I was so mortified and ashamed of myself I have learnt to do a good deed and not expect any response, so a Thank you is a bonus!

Just read an above post that somebody does what I used to do, just becareful, you never know their story :flowerforyou:
  • TattedXMomXStace
    Options
    So, does that mean you're only willing to do good things if people are polite afterwards? Anybody can do that. It takes a stronger person to love unconditionally and not care about the response.

Agree. . . unfortunately no matter where u go in this world. . . every country, state, village, community. . theres always people that won say thank you, appreciate anything from anyone, and or can never be pleased. . . . granted you did the right thing and was very polite to do so (as other people wouldnt think of doing that). . . also some people dont have manners to be smart enough to say thank you. . . .

hey she could have been robbed by someone else and given the handbag back. . . but she probably didnt thinkof that either, like not thinking to say thank you. . .

Anytime i do something for someone and they dont say thank you (even in public). . i let them know (for ex:). . . i worked in a reatil clothing store and i was off the clock but i was still helping customers. . . a woman said she lost her child. . (and this always happens , i think its because i give off that mom vibe) . . 5 minutes later the little girl was hanging onto my leg crying. . . i returned her to her mother and she never said thank you . . so ask she was walking away i yelled across the floor " YOUR WELCOME FOR FINDING YOUR CHILD WHO YOU LOST. . . NEXT TIME I WOULD LOVE TO BE PAID FOR MY SERVICES WITH A THANK YOU, AS I AM NOT CURRENTLY WORKING AND DID IT OUT OF MY LOVE FOR CHILDREN AS I AM A MOTHER". . . needless to say she put in a customer compliment with my company out of embarassement. . .

My dear i do applaud you for your good deed but realize. . . not everyone is as thoughtful or polite as others. . .
  • mjtull
    mjtull Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im not kidding when I say consider this practice for marriage. Try not to be so senditive to slights and rude treatment. Its not easy but you need it to love your partner unconditionally.