Well that was rather rude !!!

Options

Replies

• louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Honey just pat yourself on the back and keep doing good! Those who sew greatly will reap greatly! I am a firm believer of that because good things happen to good people and something great is coming your way. Things never happen as quickly as we want them too because let's face it none of us, INCLUDING ME, like to wait for anything, but trust me you will get your reward and it doesn't necessarily have to be from her with a thank you, although that would have been the nice AND right thing to do!! I only wish there more people like you, so don't sweat the small stuff and keep it moving. You did a great thing for her and for that I will tell you THANK YOU!!!

Made me smile this one :) thanks x
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    what makes me mad is when my one of my kids (ages six and nine) holds a door open for a grown adult and they get ignored for it. I usually say THANK YOU FOR HOLDING THE DOOR FOR THAT PERSON loud enough for them to hear.

You may be inadvertently teaching them resentment. When that happens to my boys I just let them know they did a good job. If you want to be kind and hold a door, hold it. If you don't want to risk the possibility of not being thanked, don't hold it. Please know, I agree that it is rude not to say thank you but it happens and we decide how we respond.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    theres 5 minutes of my life ill never get back... thank you!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    I kicked a cat in the street the other day right in front of the kid playing with it.. did he say thanks???? no... so rude.....
    omg kids are the worst just this morning i was up to my wrist's in "poopie" changeing my kids diaper get it all done plus the fancy butt cream for that little tush and what do i get ...... screamed at and farted on... im realy you would i could at least get a "thank you mummie" or evan a giggle ill settle damnit
  • louiseshaw88
    Options

your more than welcome ...
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people don't say thank you. I always yell "YOU'RE WELCOME!". It's just common courtesy. And even if your fish died or someone took your cat, you can say thank you.

Of course, I always hate it when people leave shopping carts all of the parking lot. Maybe I'm just wrong.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options

your more than welcome ...

see people it isnt that hard to be polite!!!
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I held the door for a man the other day, he walked through to another set of doors and I was right behind him and he just let the door shut on me. SO RUDE. :noway:

Why would you hold the door for him? He should have opened and held BOTH doors for you!

And I thought chivalry was dead... :heart:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Maybe you interrupted her drug drop. She left it there on purpose and her "client" was supposed to pick it up as soon as she drove off.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I'm sorry.......You guys can make all the excuses you want for the lady in the car. Not saying "Thank you" is obnoxious!
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yikes, what a rude person. Well you still did your good deed!
  • tjssugar
    Options
    Wow! Yes very rude! Karma will catch up with her.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Maybe her fish just died and she was mourning. Not everyone is rainbows and butterflies all day, every day.

Not an acceptable excuse in my view. No matter how bad her day was, a simple thank you was in order.

Such an entitled mentality. I'll only do for you if you do for me.

Expecting basic courtesy is "entitlement"??? The OP didn't expect a monetary reward, just two syllables that take half a second to utter when someone goes out of her way for you.

Yesterday, walking from my car to the gym, I dropped one of my lifting gloves. I knew I dropped it and was about to go back when a woman driving by slowed down and said she saw me drop something. Even though I already knew, it was nice of her and I said thank you to her. It wasn't painful. And she didn't even run after me to give it back to me.
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    I, personally, would be grateful for anyone that went to the trouble to run after my vehicle to return my purse to me. I would hate to think of the stress and trouble it would be to replace the items I carry with me daily ... my purse is a part of my life. A automatic 'THANK YOU SO MUCH!' would have came out of my mouth ... but I am a person that appreciates it when people go out of their way to help me ... especially a stranger that could have just as easily made my life much harder (spent my cash, used my credit cards, etc.). Plus I have manners. Don't fret, if nothing else, you put out some good Karma. As we know, Karma is only a ***** if you are. As for all of the negative posters, you might do well to think about that.
  • louiseshaw88
    Options
    Maybe you interrupted her drug drop. She left it there on purpose and her "client" was supposed to pick it up as soon as she drove off.

this is my faveorite theory haha
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people don't say thank you. I always yell "YOU'RE WELCOME!". It's just common courtesy. And even if your fish died or someone took your cat, you can say thank you.

Of course, I always hate it when people leave shopping carts all of the parking lot. Maybe I'm just wrong.

Your not wrong at all. I feel the same way. I was brought up to always say thank you, please and you're welcome. I'm a teacher and I have noticed a lot of parents don't tell their children to say these and it shows.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    what makes me mad is when my one of my kids (ages six and nine) holds a door open for a grown adult and they get ignored for it. I usually say THANK YOU FOR HOLDING THE DOOR FOR THAT PERSON loud enough for them to hear.

LOL - I do this too.
  • jennieth
    Options
    RUDE! Two little words go such a long way. Thank you.
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've been on both ends of this scenario. Sometimes (rarely) when I'm in a hurry or if I've had & have a million and one things to do, I forget to say 'thank you' or 'excuse me'. Just imagine that her mind was elseware and she regrets not saying thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    apparently, per some of these responses, it is much ruder for you to take a moment to vent your feelings and move on. LOL you did a nice thing, and anybody with a proper upbringing knows to always say thank you. anyone who thinks you are at blame for feeling the way you do has likely had an equally devastating upbringing in a household which did not necessitate a "thank you." shame on them, not shame on you, momma! <3<3 n-