Well that was rather rude !!!

Options

Replies

• CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    If that's the worst thing that happens to you all day it's going to be a great day. :wink:
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Whenever someone doesn't return my kind gesture I just remind myself of karma. They'll get theirs. :flowerforyou:
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    what makes me mad is when my one of my kids (ages six and nine) holds a door open for a grown adult and they get ignored for it. I usually say THANK YOU FOR HOLDING THE DOOR FOR THAT PERSON loud enough for them to hear.
  • louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    So, does that mean you're only willing to do good things if people are polite afterwards? Anybody can do that. It takes a stronger person to love unconditionally and not care about the response.

No but she doesnt deserve it returned if she isnt going to appreciate it, doesnt mean i wouldnt do it again for the fact i may not get a thank you
  • tequilasunris3
    Options
    So, does that mean you're only willing to do good things if people are polite afterwards? Anybody can do that. It takes a stronger person to love unconditionally and not care about the response.

Lol what? No. All she said is that she was shocked that she didn't get a thank you. Are you saying that you wouldn't be shocked if you ran after somebodies car to help them in some way or another and they didn't thank you?
    It's called Manors.
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Lol what? No. All she said is that she was shocked that she didn't get a thank you. Are you saying that you wouldn't be shocked if you ran after somebodies car to help them in some way or another and they didn't thank you?
    It's called Manors.

i wouldn't be shocked at all. Not in the current world we live in.
  • HRCephei
    Options

No but she doesnt deserve it returned if she isnt going to appreciate it, doesnt mean i wouldnt do it again for the fact i may not get a thank you

None of us deserve anything we get.
  • tequilasunris3
    Options

It's called Manors.

Fair enough, if you've lost your faith in humanity then there is no saving you. But please don't imply that people are weak for expecting a simple thank you. You can be the most selfless person on the planet but manors are manors.
  • louiseshaw88
    Options
    Maybe it was not her bag, and she didn't want to hang about when the owner came out and saw you helping her steal it.
    Did you actually think?

did i actually think ? what sort of question is that ? christ im in a lose lose sitaution here arent i !! if i give her bag back i could be helping her steal it and if i dont give her it back some women has just lost her purse and contents of her bag !! tell me what you would have done ? oh to be perfect
  • HRCephei
    Options

It's called Manors.

Fair enough, if you've lost your faith in humanity then there is no saving you. But please don't imply that people are weak for expecting a simple thank you. You can be the most selfless person on the planet but manors are manors.

I haven't lost faith in humanity. It's the expectation that people have that bugs me. They think it's a right that others should be polite when somebody else is kind. Again, it's an entitlement. Would it have been nice if the lady said thank you? Sure. But like others have said on here, she has no idea what was going on in that lady's life at the moment. She just made the assumption that because she didn't get the thank you she deserved, the lady was rude.
  • louiseshaw88
    Options

None of us deserve anything we get.

I worked my *kitten* off for my law degree - I deserved that, I also deserve everything I buy with the money i earn from a job in which I gained due to said law degree so im sorry i dont agree with that statement
  • louiseshaw88
    Options

It's called Manors.

You win the award for the most negative person i have come into contact with today :)
  • louiseshaw88
    Options

and also to note i did not say i wish i hadnt given her it back i said i wish i hadnt seen it - there is no doubt in my mind that i wouldnt have given her it back, i am more than willing to help someone else out regardless of their being a risk they may not say thank you
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

omg really?
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused by all the responses defending this rudeness...ok she might have been having a bad day, but I'm quite positive it would have been worse had someone else picked up her purse and went on a free for all with credit and debit cards...this woman chased her down to give her bag back. that deserves at least a thank you and I feel she is completely entitled to this rant!

As for those saying you only do something nice if you get something out of it...what exactly did she get out of it? Stop me if I'm wrong OP, but I feel like she probably didnt' chase this woman's car down thinking of the thanks she will get. She did it because it is the right thing to do.

I can't stand rudeness...common courtesy is no longer common so I completey side with the OP here.
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Some people are dilholes.
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I kicked a cat in the street the other day right in front of the kid playing with it.. did he say thanks???? no... so rude.....

LMAOOOOO!

oh this almost made me spew coffee everywhere!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    even if you don't think so, she may have been flustered and out of sorts...

we don't do nice things for other people, we do them for our own karma...

that's all.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I kicked a cat in the street the other day right in front of the kid playing with it.. did he say thanks???? no... so rude.....

Sooo pointless.
    It wasnt pointless!! It was a cat that needed a good boot......

I think your balls need a good boot!!! :laugh:
  • roch1972
    roch1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was not her bag, and she didn't want to hang about when the owner came out and saw you helping her steal it.
    Did you actually think?

did i actually think ? what sort of question is that ? christ im in a lose lose sitaution here arent i !! if i give her bag back i could be helping her steal it and if i dont give her it back some women has just lost her purse and contents of her bag !! tell me what you would have done ? oh to be perfect

I hope no one is questioning the fact that what you did was a good thing! And yes, it sucks when you do something like that for someone and receive no gratitude. I also agree with the karma thing. Good things shall come to you for putting out your possitiveness unto the world. :) I also want to defend the purse lady, if she was sooo distracted that she almost left her purse than obviously she has a lot going on. Not excusing the fact she didn't say thank you but she could have been so flustered that it didn't come to mind...