Well that was rather rude !!!

Options

Replies

• louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've been on both ends of this scenario. Sometimes (rarely) when I'm in a hurry or if I've had & have a million and one things to do, I forget to say 'thank you' or 'excuse me'. Just imagine that her mind was elseware and she regrets not saying thank you. :flowerforyou:

Im hoping so :)
  • louiseshaw88
    Options
    apparently, per some of these responses, it is much ruder for you to take a moment to vent your feelings and move on. LOL you did a nice thing, and anybody with a proper upbringing knows to always say thank you. anyone who thinks you are at blame for feeling the way you do has likely had an equally devastating upbringing in a household which did not necessitate a "thank you." shame on them, not shame on you, momma! <3<3 n-

Much love !! x
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    So, does that mean you're only willing to do good things if people are polite afterwards? Anybody can do that. It takes a stronger person to love unconditionally and not care about the response.

Blah blah blah... People who "love unconditionally" are the ones who let themselves get walked all over constantly. No thanks! I would have been pissed too. It was rude. I am with the OP... someone like that makes you wish you'd never helped in the first place.
  • horndave
    Options
    I kicked a cat in the street the other day right in front of the kid playing with it.. did he say thanks???? no... so rude.....

Sooo pointless.
    It wasnt pointless!! It was a cat that needed a good boot......

Really aren't all cats in need of a good boot?
  • KarenBoehlke
    Options
    We do good kind things for the sake of the act not for the acknowledgement. That's what I teach my children. ( I also teach them to say "please" and "thank you.") In short, don't get your panties in a twiist it'll only ruin your day and turn you into the next rude person.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Good manners cost nothing.

Bad manners get nothing.
  • TattedXMomXStace
    Options
    what makes me mad is when my one of my kids (ages six and nine) holds a door open for a grown adult and they get ignored for it. I usually say THANK YOU FOR HOLDING THE DOOR FOR THAT PERSON loud enough for them to hear.

You may be inadvertently teaching them resentment. When that happens to my boys I just let them know they did a good job. If you want to be kind and hold a door, hold it. If you don't want to risk the possibility of not being thanked, don't hold it. Please know, I agree that it is rude not to say thank you but it happens and we decide how we respond.

I disagree. . i dont think its resentment. . . if someone doesnt say thank you and your child sees this behavior they might as well do the same when they get older, bigger, etc (depending on age and what YOU teach them).. . . THUS a lack of manners for them (they would then be THAT person). . . so by saying THANK YOU to the person who absentmindedly didnt say it. . . shows YOU have manners, YOUR children have manners and they are rude for not saying so and to not take people for granted. . . .if you hold onto that one person not saying thank you, then its resentment in the long run, but i doubt a second encounter. . . .

sometimes people need to be reminded of please and thank you. . . it goes a long way
  • TattedXMomXStace
    Options
    Good manners cost nothing.

Bad manners get nothing.

EXACTLY!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Wow, some of you are very creative...Cancer, death, did some one say her fish died? I'm still going to go with it being rude. I was brought up with manners and I try to exercise these whenever possible--wait, let me get off my high horse now.

OP, you did a good thing. I think many people would've kept that bag for themselves.
  • TattedXMomXStace
    Options
    I kicked a cat in the street the other day right in front of the kid playing with it.. did he say thanks???? no... so rude.....

Sooo pointless.
    It wasnt pointless!! It was a cat that needed a good boot......

Really aren't all cats in need of a good boot?

Since when did this topic turn into animal cruelty???
  • jessica_120214
    jessica_120214 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    So, does that mean you're only willing to do good things if people are polite afterwards? Anybody can do that. It takes a stronger person to love unconditionally and not care about the response.

I totally agree with you! Although I need to put it into practice more often (love unconditionally & not care about the response).
  • amv1023
    amv1023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Maybe it wasn't her bag to begin with and you just handed someone else's bag to her and she wanted to make a quick getaway :huh:
  • louiseshaw88
    Options
    We do good kind things for the sake of the act not for the acknowledgement. That's what I teach my children. ( I also teach them to say "please" and "thank you.") In short, don't get your panties in a twiist it'll only ruin your day and turn you into the next rude person.

Its not ruined my day :) nothing could turn me into a rude person haha x
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I think someone important once said-

it's better to give than to receive"

if she forgot her purse she was obviously distracted by something, right?

you earned some karma points...rejoice and have a nice cold apple with some peanut butter!

^this
  • louiseshaw88
    Options
    Maybe it wasn't her bag to begin with and you just handed someone else's bag to her and she wanted to make a quick getaway :huh:

what would you have done ?
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Not being thanked for a good deed will never make me stop doing good deeds.

But I get to think you're an a** for not reciprocating.
  • daughterofthesea
    daughterofthesea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ooo jeez, here we go! All the angels of MFP are coming out! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree with both sides actually. I think that yes, it is rude for people not to thank you when you do something for them but as the others have said, not everyone's in a good mood all the time and sometimes people are just having a bad day.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    The issue folks is a total loss in the day to day manners that make polite society just that. It takes nothing out of your day to smile, say thank you and not be a **** -tard. I had someone hang up on me the other day with no thank you no good bye. I was trying to answer their question at work. They of course called back and I informed them had they let me know they were hanging up in the normal manner of thank you and good bye I could have stopped them and finished answering their question and they would not have had to waste both our times by calling back. I then hung up. Thank god my boss is a friend. LOL And yes I am a jerk.
  • louiseshaw88
    Options
    Not being thanked for a good deed will never make me stop doing good deeds.

But I get to think you're an a** for not reciprocating.

sorry what ? did you just call me an *kitten* ?
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options