One thing you refuse to give up...

Options
I'm one of those people who refuses to cut everything out of my diet that I enjoy. Overall, my diary reflects a very healthy intake...fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean protein. That being said, if I want a drink or something sweet, I allow myself to have it, just in moderation. I'm not one of those people that can go completely vegan, no sweets, no alcohol and pretend to be happy about it.

That being said, what is one food/drink you refuse to give up even though you are dieting.

I have to say it's a toss-up between chocolate and red wine.

*****EDITED TO CLARIFY******

When I asked for help earlier today to see what I was doing wrong w/my diet, someone said I should cut out my sweets...

When they say "sweets"...I had ONE no bake cookie (full of oats and, granted, sugar)...and the other days, I allowed myself some dark chocolate and peanut butter (in small amounts)...and I work out 6-7 days/week...

So I started this thread to prove these yummy treats can still fit into a healthy diet.

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Definitely dark chocolate. I indulged in wine occasionally too, but now that I know I'm allergic to it, I avoid it altogether!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything!

I simply make my choices based on how many calories I have left in the day.

I have found the WORST thing humanly possible is french fries... They usually have more calories than a burger lol. So, I typically don't have them because I want more calories for other foods. But, I do sometimes steal 1 or 2 from friends. >.>
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything!

I simply make my choices based on how many calories I have left in the day.

I have found the WORST thing humanly possible is french fries... They usually have more calories than a burger lol. So, I typically don't have them because I want more calories for other foods. But, I do sometimes steal 1 or 2 from friends. >.>

And they're like chips...hard to eat just one. I love onion rings too but rarely eat them for that same reason :(
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    STARBUCKS!!!!!!!!!! :love:

The red wine is good for my heart I promise I only ever have one:drinker: ...(I actually only do have one)
    And the Chocolate is super dark which is full of good things so I don't count it as a cheat :happy:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    cheese!
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    Full fat cheese, dark chocolate and coffee with heavy cream!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    NOTHING! I do most things in moderation now.
  • Mad4282
    Mad4282 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wine and sushi.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I havn't given up anything but am selective about when and how often I eat certain things.
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    thats what i do, I don't think cuting out what you like is going to help you lose weight, but i think the one thing is chocolate !
  • Bethyvm
    Options
    I agree with DonnaDark, haven't given up anything, just make wiser choices and if I want ice cream for a snack at night, I make sure that I allow for it and up my exercise so that I can enjoy the indulgence.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Full fat cheese, dark chocolate and coffee with heavy cream!

Oooooh, amen to the cheese.

Oh and Eggnog. I get the light stuff but...when it's available, it's every man for himself. I put it in my coffee every day and feel zero guilt.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Beer and sushi!!! OOOOH YUM!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Starbucks for me too. I just changed the drink to something more in-line with my goals (my cappuccino is around 90 - 100 calories)
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Craft Beer.

Not this industrial lager swill, but the good stuff like big IPAs, thick dark stouts, cloudy hefeweizens...can you tell it's Friday and I'm already thinking about being off work?
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up my Starbucks. I love Starbucks, and as long as I can fit it into my calories, I don't see what the big deal is.
  • jvw317
    Options
    alcohol, skinny caramel macchiatos from starbucks, and the occasional cupcake!
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Craft Beer.

Not this industrial lager swill, but the good stuff like big IPAs, thick dark stouts, cloudy hefeweizens...can you tell it's Friday and I'm already thinking about being off work?

Ooooooooh....good gravy, that sounds good.

I love beer. The darker the better.
  • awebs89
    awebs89 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    For sure diet coke. It was so bad I was drinking 4 cans of the stuff a day. I've gotten better about it now but I don't think I can ever quit it.