One thing you refuse to give up...

Options

Replies

• Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything!

I simply make my choices based on how many calories I have left in the day.

I have found the WORST thing humanly possible is french fries... They usually have more calories than a burger lol. So, I typically don't have them because I want more calories for other foods. But, I do sometimes steal 1 or 2 from friends. >.>

And they're like chips...hard to eat just one. I love onion rings too but rarely eat them for that same reason :(

I have a good recipe for onion rings from the Bernstein diet -- they are yummy and not so bad for you! friend me if you would like the recipe :-)
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 360 Member
    Options

This.

Plus on some days I cycle and burn additional 1000-1500kcal. On those days it's easy to add a glas wine to diner etc.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

I have found the WORST thing humanly possible is french fries... They usually have more calories than a burger lol. So, I typically don't have them because I want more calories for other foods. But, I do sometimes steal 1 or 2 from friends. >.>

And they're like chips...hard to eat just one. I love onion rings too but rarely eat them for that same reason :(

I have a good recipe for onion rings from the Bernstein diet -- they are yummy and not so bad for you! friend me if you would like the recipe :-)

Heck yes, thanks!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Beer. Good beer. I'm a homebrewer, and just have too much fun making it, and then drinking it.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Beer. Good beer. I'm a homebrewer, and just have too much fun making it, and then drinking it.

We have a friend of ours-he and his roommate brew their own beer. They made this seasonal one last Christmas that blew my mind. It seems like something fun to get into-is it hard? How do you go about it?
  • ChantiC
    ChantiC Posts: 137
    Options
    Though like others I have not really given up anything, just choose to have smaller amounts or have less often. I love my coffee with 5% cream ( I just cant do milk). I love chocolate and cheese, but in moderation :)
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    There are a LOT of things I refuse to give up. I definitely still eat chocolate. Usually I try to keep it dark chocolate so I can be a little "healthier" about it. I eat TexMex every weekend. I've been dying for pizza too, I just haven't had the opportunity to eat any in a few months.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke... i dont care what the internets say about it being bad for you, hinders weight loss etc etc.

I dont drink, i dont smoke, do drugs or anything of the sort. But I will crack some skulls if you try to take my Diet Coke away...
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Diet Coke... i dont care what the internets say about it being bad for you, hinders weight loss etc etc.

I dont drink, i dont smoke, do drugs or anything of the sort. But I will crack some skulls if you try to take my Diet Coke away...

I was never able to get into diet coke. I am a coke zero person-it tastes more like the original to me...Dunno why. But if you enjoy it, go for it!
  • kunstlerin92
    Options
    yep, I have the same attitude. If I have to totally give up the things I love, then I'll just quit. so, moderation is the key.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Though like others I have not really given up anything, just choose to have smaller amounts or have less often. I love my coffee with 5% cream ( I just cant do milk). I love chocolate and cheese, but in moderation :)

Yeah-cream in my coffee (half and half is what I like) is good. I found I can do milk if it's frothed/steamed...I make my own lattes at home, though when all is said and done, you're using enough milk to amount to more calories than a few tablespoons of the half and half. LoL. less fat I suppose but...I still put cream in my coffee sometimes.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up a single thing. I just make room for it in my day. :smile:
  • lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I havn't given up anything but am selective about when and how often I eat certain things.

Exactly this! I have made a few modifications, though (milk instead of cream in my coffee, for example)
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I just eat in moderation.
  • loveachallenge
    loveachallenge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good Beer! I LOVE BEER! Now I stick to the light beer...Amstel light, Miller light its only 95 calories and 5 grams of carbs each. Everything else in moderation. Oh and anything processed! But I am happy about that.
  • pseagle1
    pseagle1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Agreed! I choose to eat healthy foods for the most part but if I feel like a piece of cake one day, I eat it and fit it into my calories for the day. Deprivation is not the way to go for this girl, moderation and portion control is what I choose.
  • sicilysclover
    sicilysclover Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Coffee! I always hear "to much caffeine this, too much caffeine that" - I changed my creamer to "no-fat" creamer but thats as far as I will go!
  • fairykelly13
    fairykelly13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My flavored coffee creamer!! But I measure it now instead of doing a heavy pour.... haha
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    wine, diet coke and bacon :)
  • NearlyJen
    NearlyJen Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Same. I'm in Seattle and have a weakness for all the great local IPA's. I just fit my beer calories into my day. Plus, a little dark chocolate.