One thing you refuse to give up...

Options

Replies

• thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I can't cut out Diet Coke, Chips or Cake/Cupcakes!
  • SeekingKarma
    SeekingKarma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    BAKED GOODS!!

.....and Starbucks =)
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Pasta. I'm Italian and to not eat it would be a mortal sin. :wink:
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    For me this is not a diet but a lifestyle change and I don't plan on cutting anything out completely. However I am not eating as much fried food and not eating out in resturants as much. I am not the healthiest eater because I don't like very many veggies so my diary I'm sure doesn't look good to the clean eaters but it is fine for me lol
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Diet pop / soda... I've definitely cut down but I can't get rid of it... yes I may be addicted but it's better than some of the other addictions I've kicked.
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I won't give up anything. If I have to make myself miserable to get to my goal, it's not worth it.
    I still drink alcohol. A lot of my social activities revolve around the pub - it's just where we meet up and talk. But if everyone else is drinking, I'm miserable as sin with a glass of lemonade, so I'll have my beer. I still eat takeaways - I even still get the same dishes as before. So I go over my calorie limit a few times a month, on exceptional days. It won't hurt, in the long run.

I have cut back on things like crisps and the things I consider to be everyday junk foods, but if they're within my limit for the day and I really want them, I'm fine with having them in small amounts.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I haven't really GIVEN UP anything. I have cut back tremendously. Deprivation is the worst saboteur if you ask me. I just have the things I enjoy in smaller quantities and not as often. I adjust my diet/exercise for the week to accommodate. Dark chocolate and wine are my favorites. Neither are really all that terrible for you to begin with so, I'm good. :happy:
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Chips! As long as it's within my calorie goal...Once in a while i buy a tiny bag, enjoy it and go on with my day. :wink:
    Can't keep em at home...to dangerous. lol
  • christimw
    christimw Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    vodka and wine.

i really miss sour patch kids, but i don't miss the feeling they gave me after i eat them, so its easy to do with out. i'd rather have a craving for 5 minutes than have the 5 minute pleasure of eating them and then feeling crappy for 5 hours after.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Beer. Good beer. I'm a homebrewer, and just have too much fun making it, and then drinking it.

We have a friend of ours-he and his roommate brew their own beer. They made this seasonal one last Christmas that blew my mind. It seems like something fun to get into-is it hard? How do you go about it?

Not too hard at all. If you have a local homebrew shop, go there and get a beginners equipment kit and an ingredient kit for a style you like. Or try austinhomebrew, rebelbrewer, northernbrewer (all dot coms). Look around for a local homebrew club too, if you want personal support - most people in those clubs will be happy to help.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I haven't really GIVEN UP anything. I have cut back tremendously. Deprivation is the worst saboteur if you ask me. I just have the things I enjoy in smaller quantities and not as often. I adjust my diet/exercise for the week to accommodate. Dark chocolate and wine are my favorites. Neither are really all that terrible for you to begin with so, I'm good. :happy:

LoL We're in the same boat with the dark chocolate and wine.
  • daughterofthesea
    daughterofthesea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't give anything up, although I've cut down my chocolate/sweets intake because I was doing my teeth damage (plus I didn't brush as much as I should have!).
  • sprmom
    sprmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up the things I LOVE like pepsi and chocolate or white bread! I eat them in moderation and count the calories. I stay on my 1200 a day soI know Im going to make progess. I take 1 day a week off to be able to indulge and not be so strict. Like this weekend we are having a date night and I will be drinking!!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I've learned MUCH about myself in this journey.

And keeping MYSELF teachable is *key*

I won't even say I REFUSE to give up_______ because there MIGHT come a time when I must.
    IF I can't be victorious over it, and it causes me to stumble, then *it* MUST go.
    But until then, I hold everything lightly in one hand.

I have NO desire to be in bondage to ANY food ANYmore.

nor see my self worth based on the size of my pants.

I'm focused on making this a LIFESTYLE I can LIVE WITH the REST of MY LIFE.

and for that, it will continue to include being around people, who
    don't really care about their own health right now- (been there, done that, don't wanna go back
    but wanna be an ENcourager for them)
  • sundaysurf
    sundaysurf Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi, Sugar and Bourbon. Sometimes I mix them all together! :)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up. I just have things less frequently and in moderation when I do.

That said, even before I started MFP I already didn't really drink soda, alcohol, coffee, juice, flavored waters, etc. I've really only drank water for about five years now. I've had maybe three or four sodas a year during that time, and I'm still at about that level.
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want... I just count the calories, and if I go over I just go workout more...
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything. I eat better. I exercise more. If I want something, I eat it.
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything!

I simply make my choices based on how many calories I have left in the day.

^^ This
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

haha...Rick Ashley! ♪♪♪