One thing you refuse to give up...

Options

Replies

• Bassgirl51
    Options
    I havn't given up anything but am selective about when and how often I eat certain things.

This^
  • careyannal
    Options
    Ice cream. I just opt for lower-cal versions now.

I haven't had a chip or a french fry in months, and I'm okay with that, but take away my sweet treats? :noway: Not gonna happen!!
  • Mendelianparakeets
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy that nothing is necessarily "bad for you" so long as you eat it in moderation. I looooove mac and cheese. Of course, it's not wise to eat it every day, but once in a while I'll have a little bit and I won't feel guilty about it. Same thing for pizza ( I no longer get pepperoni, just cheese) and chocolate chip cookies.
  • HealthyFor2013
    Options
    chocolate milk i love the stuff! bad i know but now i usually go for the skim chocolate its 98% fat free and its ok if i have a glass

orange and passion fruit juice but no more than 2 cups a day even thou its hard to put it down :P

chocolate! but no more than 20g or i'm using up my meal calories
  • joannafarrer
    Options
    :smile:
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

haha...Rick Ashley! ♪♪♪

Also, his good pal Rick Astley gave this a go... his version was much better. Perhaps you've heard of him?
  • musiche
    musiche Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and sushi! Not together, lol, but yeah, those are two of my favourite foods in life. :)
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

*snorts*

I will never give up beer/cheese/chocolate. I eat/drink these items in moderation at least once a week. Daily when it comes to cheese. Ok, and chocolate. u_u

I lack self control when it comes to wine, so I've cut it out entirely. Same with Nutella.
  • dkweathington
    dkweathington Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Dr Pepper ... I only allow myself alcohol on special occasions so having some of that is not much of a problem for me.
    But I am really baldy addicted to caffeine and I have tried to remedy both my diet and my caffeine intake in the past but it has never worked, so I'm working on one thing at a time, so to speak x
  • khaapala
    khaapala Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ice cream! I refuse to give it up, but I'll cut cals on other things if indulging is the goal. I'll also walk a bit further.....
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    ...hope...and bourbon.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    ice cream
    just won't do it
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I've only "given up" things that I found were causing my health problems. I found alternatives that have made me quite happy and much healthier. I still eat dark chocoloate - just have to make sure there's no trace of milk in it. I still bake all kinds of cookies, cakes and breads - but I make sure they're gluten-free/dairy-free. And I burn enough calories to eat them, lol.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    NOTHING! I do most things in moderation now.

^ this. :). yep !! What I gave up were my clothes that don't fit :).
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I drink red wine too - but not as much as I used too. Used to be a glass every night, now I go weeks without any. But I did have (gulp) 2 glasses last night. I also love dark chocolate - can't stand milk chocolate anymore as it seems way to sweet to me,.

But, the one thing I won't give up (on a daily basis) is cream for my coffee. I try to use the fat-free version of Carnation French Vanilla Cream, but when that's not available, I do use the regular (w/fat) version. Or the Peppermint cream. I don't add any extra sugar or sweetener to the coffee, though. Just that cream!
  • titanium2012
    Options
    Booze. I lean toward lighter options now (my go-to is vodka and club soda, with a twist of lime) but sometimes a couple of craft beers or glasses of wine are what I want.

Whenever I hear of someone doing a "Sober 30 day challenge" or something all I can think is, WHY???

30 sober challenge. That's what I'm doing right now. I'm totally thinking "why?" after reading this thread. I'm going to finish it since I'm over halfway done, but afterwards I'm definitely going to focus on moderation.
  • codercpc
    Options
    Any good craft beer. My husband also home brews so we always have an ample supply.
    I usually drink 1 - 2 a day, and cannot drink more than 3-4 in a whole day, or I get sick. I have not been drunk in years, but give me one or two craft beers and I am happy.

I ALWAYS make sure they fit into my calories.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Easy. Movie Popcorn with PLENTY of butter!
    Truth is, I have given up nothing. The difference, now, however, is I plan my splurges ahead of time so that I don't go over my calorie limit (or at least not go over by much).
  • SueGlazier
    SueGlazier Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    PIZZA!!! Once a week and make sure I stay within my calories as much as possible on that day.