2 things - cheese and wine.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up any food.
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Booze! Not gonna give it up. I have cut down, but it will always be there.
  • S2012R
    Options
    Booze! Cheese is a close 2nd. So glad to hear a lot of other people refuse to give it up as well! I try to base my intake on how many calories I have left for the day, but I tend to go over, but just starting out again, so hopefully I will eventually maintain!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    alcohol!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    Everything I like to eat. There really is nothing bad out there. It's the over indulgence in them that's the problem.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kellison89
    kellison89 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have nearly completely cut out Diet Coke. Even though it has no calories, it is basically poison....that I'm addicted to. I'll have 2 a month tops. Quite a difference from the 2-3 a day I used to have.

I love sweets so when I feel the need to have dessert I grab a skinny cow or no sugar added popsicle (25 cal!).

This way I don't feel deprived or guilty.
  • iJenna
    Options
    Chocolate & sugar in my coffee.

However I have learned that buying fat free vanilla creamer has helped me bring my sugar intake to 1 spoon. Can't believe how many cals are in a large double double!!!!

My favorite snack right now is chocolate covered expresso beans!
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    100 calories of almond joy coffee creamer/daily
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Nothing. But I do look for better choices. I'll pick up an Oskri coconut & dark chocolate instead of a Mounds bar, for example. Just as yummy and probably as many calories, but better ingredients.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I havn't given up anything but am selective about when and how often I eat certain things.

This. Totally.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Half and half in my coffee. Try taking it...I dare you. :laugh:
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    i have a cookie problem...
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Food! lol I eat anything I want...just in smaller portions than I used to.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I haven't completely given up anything, but I stay under my calorie goal and if I really want to have a night "off" - beers, bar food, etc. then I make sure to do heavy working out - usually spin and a really long swim at least 4500 meters.

I have always found that I have a binge day/night when I stop myself from eating/drinking things i enjoy. A chocolate chip cookie a week keeps me sane.
  • rlynnehawk
    rlynnehawk Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I still drink beer. Light beer and a couple of glasses of chardonnay on the weekends. I gave up the fried foods, mashed potatoes or rice and gravy, most sweets, and processed foods and I work out a lot. If I want to have a beer, dang it, I am going to have a beer. I am 3/4 German!
  • crazycakez
    Options
    Booze. I lean toward lighter options now (my go-to is vodka and club soda, with a twist of lime) but sometimes a couple of craft beers or glasses of wine are what I want.

Whenever I hear of someone doing a "Sober 30 day challenge" or something all I can think is, WHY???
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Toss up between chocolate and cappuccino.
  • berryjk
    berryjk Posts: 120
    Options
    the one thing I can not give up is my 24oz Soy, white chocolate mocha with carmel! I no longer drink them EVERYDAY....only 'bout 2-3 times a month, but I can't just quit cold turkey! I figure...I gave up smoking I can keep my DAMN coffee! :)
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    sugar! Every other time in my life when I got serious about losing weight and declared "no more sugar" I went for a little while and then went NUTZ on cupcakes or something like that, then felt terrible, and eventually just gave up because the visions of the sweets I "couldn't" have were bothering me day and night. I felt so deprived that I would blow it big time here and there when I just couldn't take it anymore. Now I know that if I have extra calories (usually because of a great workout or something) I can have whatever I want as long as I don't go way over because of it. Sounds funny, but cupakes help me lose weight.