Replies

• kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    boy, that definition of liberal certainly sounds unbiased
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    (vs. spiling out into someones space).....................................................

can you please explain what this means?

your boobs are spilling onto my computer...I can't breath, nooooooooooooo

:laugh:

I am still waiting for her answer.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    (vs. spiling out into someones space).....................................................

can you please explain what this means?

your boobs are spilling onto my computer...I can't breath, nooooooooooooo

:laugh:

I am still waiting for her answer.

I'm about 87% sure you won't be satisfied with it
  • ShaneOSX
    Options
    A tremendous percentage of people who are losing weight are doing so to look good naked, whether to attract a mate or get a positive reaction from their significant other.

What's more, the majority of these people have likely lacked confidence for a long time because of their appearance, and are thrilled to finally feel good about themselves.

I think it's great for them to be able to show off and get positive responses from their MFP friends.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You read my response and I felt I was fairly descriptive. At this point, it's all just caninie tail chasing and a bit boring.

To give you some knowledge of what a liberal is since you said you are not aware of what they are... I did NOT come up with the below definition but agree in full with the last portion and is what I was referring to mostly (and no I'm not w/o some leftist beliefs)---> "Some liberals simply support, in knee-jerk fashion, the opposite of conservative principles without having any meaningful values of their own."- We get a lot of that in the states. A lot of screaming and yelling w/out much to back it and usually only because there is a difference of opinion. I don't usually lend these ppl my time. Definition below.

Liberal = "A liberal is someone who favors censorship of Christianity plus increased government spending and power, as in ObamaCare. Increasingly liberals side with the homosexual agenda, including same-sex marriage. Many liberals favor a welfare state where people receive endless entitlements without working. Liberals are often anti-Christian, or otherwise disagree with moral or social principles held by many American Christians. The liberal ideology has worsened over the years and degenerated into economically delusional views and intolerant ideology. Some liberals simply support, in knee-jerk fashion, the opposite of conservative principles without having any meaningful values of their own."
    Seems I would be a liberal then. Public health care and pro-gay rights? Awesome. Dividing religion from politics? Even more awesome.

LOL really? You missed my point. The last sentence is what I was referring to but thought I'd give you a better look at the whole thing. Way to selectively pick and choose, I agree with you, you may just be a lib ;) Oh and be sure to buy some Patchouli oil to wear.
    Ah yes, good eye, that WAS awful :huh: Eesh, it's a good thing I didn't tell her to....oh nm. I've been sucked too far in as it is. Cheers!
    You're very judgemental, you know.
    :wink:
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have a ferret in my sweater.

What are you gonna do about it????
  • vv523
    vv523 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    that's how people can see how good your doing
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I might show myself off when I get to where I want to be!! Why not? To each his/her own. I like looking at the progress pictures no matter what clothing they have on or don't have on.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I realllly want to know if she considers this site "her space". That sure is how that statement sounded.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    and here we go again...

let me sum up the responses up are about to get...
    1) PRUDE
    2) I earned this body I will show it off if I want to
    3) I agree...hussies, every last one
    4) hookers and blow
    5) more nekkid pics please
    6) Waaaaaaa! why is everyone attacking me
    7) locked thread

Knew a farmer
    Had a dog
    His name?

BINGO

Even more win!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You read my response and I felt I was fairly descriptive. At this point, it's all just caninie tail chasing and a bit boring.

To give you some knowledge of what a liberal is since you said you are not aware of what they are... I did NOT come up with the below definition but agree in full with the last portion and is what I was referring to mostly (and no I'm not w/o some leftist beliefs)---> "Some liberals simply support, in knee-jerk fashion, the opposite of conservative principles without having any meaningful values of their own."- We get a lot of that in the states. A lot of screaming and yelling w/out much to back it and usually only because there is a difference of opinion. I don't usually lend these ppl my time. Definition below.

Liberal = "A liberal is someone who favors censorship of Christianity plus increased government spending and power, as in ObamaCare. Increasingly liberals side with the homosexual agenda, including same-sex marriage. Many liberals favor a welfare state where people receive endless entitlements without working. Liberals are often anti-Christian, or otherwise disagree with moral or social principles held by many American Christians. The liberal ideology has worsened over the years and degenerated into economically delusional views and intolerant ideology. Some liberals simply support, in knee-jerk fashion, the opposite of conservative principles without having any meaningful values of their own."
    Seems I would be a liberal then. Public health care and pro-gay rights? Awesome. Dividing religion from politics? Even more awesome.

LOL really? You missed my point. The last sentence is what I was referring to but thought I'd give you a better look at the whole thing. Way to selectively pick and choose, I agree with you, you may just be a lib ;) Oh and be sure to buy some Patchouli oil to wear.

Er, I thought your quote was a joke, right?
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I obviously am not COMPLAINING about the lack of clothing and I agree it's for progress...

But...

If you're a stay at home mom and get no affection from your husband, you look wicked desperate posing completely topless on here. Pretty sure holding your boobs and making a kissy face is not showing me any of your shoulder or chest development.

If you're doing a back-double-bicep-pose, you can wear pants. "Hey look at my back muscles!" Should mean, "Hey, look at my back muscles."

Then there is the butta-face element. Such let downs. It seems like all the prettiest girls on here are fairly clothed and look pretty good without being naked. Shocker! You can attract somebody like me without taking your pants off.

And getting back to that progress thing. Last time I checked there were standard poses (if you're a bodybuilder they are called compulsory poses) that really show your muscular development, and laying on your bed with your hair fanned out is not one of them.

But anyways. Keep posting them ladies. Just don't complain about the perverted messages you get ;)

PS: I'm aware I look like a total man-*kitten* in my pic. I'm single and LOVE attention.

Hooray for honesty! :drinker:
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    LADIES! There seems to be some hatred for breasts and cleavage shots in this thread, and I think that's disgraceful. When you finish reading this sentence, you should take a moment to appreciate your breasts (perhaps do a self-exam if it's been awhile) because they are a beautiful part of you, and some women have had the misfortune of losing them (that part is serious).

So, love your breasts. Now. Having someone's cleavage in a picture is NOT going to kill anyone. Seriously. Calling them "*kitten* shots" is a sign of being a delusional prude.
  • superdrood
    superdrood Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, good eye, that WAS awful :huh: Eesh, it's a good thing I didn't tell her to....oh nm. I've been sucked too far in as it is. Cheers!
    You're very judgemental, you know. Posting a picture of your breasts =/= *kitten*.

Settle down there, now weren't you the one who admitted to being an "*kitten*" or something like that? Anywhoooo I don't particularly care to see women's breasts...call me crazy but it's just not my thing. I also come from the school that spilling out into someones lap is not becoming of a lady. I was raised to be modest and agree with that completely. I don't think there is a need to hike your skirt up so high that you literally cannot bend over, nor do I see the reason to bare strangers your breasts. Am I a prude? No, I'm far from it, infact I'm pretty open minded and am not against showing skin when it's tasteful (vs. spiling out into someones space). I'm just not on the wagon with the rest of the ppl who think it's ok to bare all at any time. Heck, I've seen 12 yr old children going out in skimpy clothes bought by their own parents, why???? What message are you trying to send exactly by dressing like that at any age? Now, you can pick that apart and say that no one is taking it all off on this site but you know exactly what I mean and there's no need to try to analyze it and over read into it just to stir others up and cause more drama. Oh and btw I'm used to that as I have plenty of tolerant liberal friends who are tolerant (liberal firestorm in 3...2..1...) ONLY until you disagree with them, sounds a little like this thread and I'M the one who is judgemental? Meh, ok.
    Yes, I am an *kitten*. Especially to those deserving of it. To people I like, I try to be the most helpful person in the world. Anyway...If you don't particularly care, why pass judgement? Who are you to define the standard of a 'lady'? What is wrong with people embracing their sexuality or displaying themselves to the world in a way you find uncomfortable? Everybody has an *kitten* an either a va j j or a pp, or some combination of both. Over 50% of the world has breasts, and at one point, that even included me, so what's the big deal about seeing them? Also, bolded section does not negate my freedom of speech, so here's me analyzing and reading into it. Why are you offended by the human body?

As to the last part, I have no idea what a liberal is so okay.

And btw, you never did tell me why you were offended by people in their underwear vs bikinis.

Your definition of "liberal" speaks nothing of liberal ideas or the people who lean toward them.

It speaks volumes about you.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

LOL your wires are crossed :/ Those were written by two different people. One being myself. Listen, I don't work in China, we're allowed to use our computers during our breaks and lunch as long as we are viewing things that will not offend others. You seem to have a problem with my corporation's internet policy in allowing us to view non-work related websites on our free time. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to hear any input you may have and perhaps would be willing to change their corporate internet policy for you :noway: to fit into your business model. If we are on our weight loss site at work and a distasteful picture is posted and seen by someone who may become offended, WE are held responsible. Again, this is a weight loss site, we shouldn't have to worry about ppl showing themeselves in something distasteful. A close up of nothing but a woman's breasts have NOTHING to do with fitness and ALL to do with trying to get attn from men. Come on, really? Post your distasteful shots on FB but to have them here is ridiculous. Progress pics are one thing, *kitten* shots are another. :noway:

Wow this just sounds like jealousy to me. No need to use nasty words like that.

Yes, it is jealousy :/:yawn: and what nasty words? Was it 'computer', 'China', 'business model'? I do apologize for such filth.
    I think it was the use of '*kitten*' actually.

Ding Ding Ding!
    Options
    I obviously am not COMPLAINING about the lack of clothing and I agree it's for progress...

But...

If you're a stay at home mom and get no affection from your husband, you look wicked desperate posing completely topless on here. Pretty sure holding your boobs and making a kissy face is not showing me any of your shoulder or chest development.

If you're doing a back-double-bicep-pose, you can wear pants. "Hey look at my back muscles!" Should mean, "Hey, look at my back muscles."

Then there is the butta-face element. Such let downs. It seems like all the prettiest girls on here are fairly clothed and look pretty good without being naked. Shocker! You can attract somebody like me without taking your pants off.

And getting back to that progress thing. Last time I checked there were standard poses (if you're a bodybuilder they are called compulsory poses) that really show your muscular development, and laying on your bed with your hair fanned out is not one of them.

But anyways. Keep posting them ladies. Just don't complain about the perverted messages you get ;)

PS: I'm aware I look like a total man-*kitten* in my pic. I'm single and LOVE attention.

whoa whoa whoa... I don't post those types of pictures, but it is a far stretch to say that they should EXPECT to receive perverted unwanted messages, because they do post those pictures and are asking for it.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    I think it's awesome actually.
    Options
    LADIES! There seems to be some hatred for breasts and cleavage shots in this thread, and I think that's disgraceful. When you finish reading this sentence, you should take a moment to appreciate your breasts (perhaps do a self-exam if it's been awhile) because they are a beautiful part of you, and some women have had the misfortune of losing them (that part is serious).

So, love your breasts. Now. Having someone's cleavage in a picture is NOT going to kill anyone. Seriously. Calling them "*kitten* shots" is a sign of being a delusional prude.

agreed. *kitten*? You really think that was called for? Maybe they like having fun and goofing off or they like attention, but calling them *kitten* might be going well over the line....
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

Pegged me. I am a dirty liberal who devotes my entire life to rebelling against Christians. Lemme give you one of my favorite quotes:

“I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ.” Gandhi
  • chrisa8170
    chrisa8170 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I feel comfortable enough to show my progress.

I think this sums it up well. individuals need to feel comfortable about their body and if they reach that point where they want to share that with a group of people who are all working to weight loss goals then go for it, for some they won't like it but for others it will help motivate and encourage them.

Everyone is an individual and as long as the pictures comply with the forum rules (i assume there is, as being a newbie i haven't read them yet :embarassed: ) then go for it :smile: