At what age/point in your life did you meet your SO?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• CaelGomez
    Options
    I met him when I was sixteen, and he was eighteen. I was a sophmore in high school, and he was a senior. <3
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    My SO and I got together when we were both 20. I'm not sure either of us really meant to stay together, but we got me pregnant....

8 years later, I can't imagine myself with anyone else. And neither can he. We work well together. We have alot of the same interests. Yes, we fight, but I don't know too many successful relationships that don't every now and again.

That being said, I was engaged once, to my high school sweet heart. I know I was the one who pushed him away. I was too needy, too clingy, and too immature. He and I still talk to this day. I've met his wife, and she's nice.
  • centralvicgirl
    centralvicgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was 7, he was 6 when he arrived at my school. Lived on same street in small town, ignored each other through high school. I wanted someone to hang out with in our pub over summer during a break from uni, he was the only one I knew in there when I walked in. That was about 8-9 years ago, now we have a son, and a house in the same small town.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I met my current SO about a year and a half ago when I was 31 and he was 33. We met through a dating website and I honestly was taking our first date with a "well you never know, he seems nice so why not" attitude and not sure we had enough in common. Our first date lasted 14 hours :)

Before meeting him I was single for 2 years, so just take time to find someone really suited for you and give chances to those guys that maybe aren't quite everything you think you want. You might get surprised like I was!
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I met my current SO for the first time 2 + years ago. As fate would have it we would meet again a year later. It was a bit of kismet the circuimstances, and now we've been together a little over a eyar, and I wouldn't have any other :)

I'm 23, (24 in 2 weeks) and he is 32.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    I met my bf 3 years ago {mid 20's} in a club of all places. He said we'd met b4 at another club and I wouldn't pay him any attn when he approached me. (i have no recollection of this-a sign i wasn't ready). I approached him this last time, we exchanged numbers, spoke a few times on the phone, one week later we went on our first date and have been together since then.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Which one? :tongue: I met the current Mr Right Now when I was 41 and we've been together for getting on for four years. I met my ex-husband first when we were both 18, we got together when we were 22, married at 25 and had many happy years together.

As a divorcee and knowing myself I don't expect every relationship to last forever, which makes me far more accepting and actually seems to lead to longer, happier relationships.
  • msgsarah
    msgsarah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I met my (now husband) when I was 18. I would never have guessed he'd be the man I ended up marrying, as I wasn't looking for anything serious. But somehow, over time, we grew and changed together, went through things and he was always there for me. He was the only good decision I ever made as a teenager!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I was 20, she was 19 met at work during the summer both went to colleges in different states, we agreed on a "summer fling"

we are still "flinging" 21 years later.
  • hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Met at 19. married at 20, that was 41 years ago
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I was 13, he was 15, and now we've got 12 years in together :)
  • erinfog
    erinfog Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    myspace, when i was 20. 7 years in november :).
    married for 1 yr today actually
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby at 25. He's my 2nd husband. We met under unusual circumstances and completely by chance... makes me believe that no matter how hard it seems to get along sometimes that the universe put us together for a reason. :)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'm yet to meet him! Maybe I'm too picky lol!

No such thing when you are talking about someone to spend the rest of your life with.

I met my first husband at 22 married at 28 divorced 3 years after that after him telling me he 'never loved me'.

I took 6 years to get my life together, decide who I was and what I wanted. I had pretty well decided that unless I met someone who met ALL of my standards - and believe me I had A LOT I wasn't interested. I had gotten to a place were I was reasonably comfortable with myself - and my heaviest also! I had just started a new job and wasn't dating /interested.

When I walked in on the first day I saw him. He looked so sad and he had just gotten out of a really hard relationship. It took me quite a while to finally get him out of his shell and talking to me and finally I asked him out. That was 3 years ago.

I was 36. Don't 'settle' - there's someone out there!
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Neither I nor my husband were EVER going to remarry. I had the ex from hell that just wouldn't die so gaining another potentially hell-ish situation was not something that I found to be appealing.

My husband had been married 5 times previous to meeting me so he was all about having fun without limitations. <--- this mind-set suited me PERFECTLY.

I was 39 and he was 57. He proposed marriage after our second date. I accepted and we were married on our third date. It will be 6 years on Halloween 2012.

"My first husband was a lesson. My last husband is a gift."

oh, wow! what a great/unusual story... and such a great thought at the end - I hope in the future I can say the same.
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    I was 38, my husband was 39.
    We were both in middle of nasty divorces when we became friends on a political online forum.

We've been together for 7 years. Married for almost 4.

He is the only man I've ever trusted my heart to.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    26...in college. It was out of the blue-wasn't seeking anything but...there it is.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I met him in 2006 (I was 20, he was 23), we hung out with the same people. I was in a really bad relationship at the time. In September 2007, I finally broke it off with the abusive loser and about a month later my current boyfriend asked me if I wanted to go with him to see Caribou play at the Middle East (a music venue in the Boston area). Little did I know that it was a date. The night ended with him playing me a song he wrote on bass and a hug. We went to the movies to see the Darjeeling Limited about 4 nights later and that night ended with our first kiss. Next month will be 5 years since we starting going out. We've lived together for 3 1/2 years. We are basically married, minus the marriage certificate.