Pet Peeves at the Gym

Options
So I was at the gym the other day and realized how much I HATE it when I'm on the treadmill or elliptical and the person next to me constantly looks over at my machine to see what level I'm on or how many calories I burned :noway: . It's probably not that big of a deal, but it still really irritates me

So what are your gym pet peeves?

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    People who don't wipe down the machines.

People who hang around on a machine chatting or using their smartphone instead of working out. AHEM! Other people want the machine!

Men who hang around watching group exercise classes. Creeps.

Women who come into the gym wearing more makeup than any of the Real Housewives (TOWIE if you're a Brit) and proceed to pretend to work out.
  • awadm
    awadm Posts: 252
    Options
    People who don't wipe down the machines.

Yes!
  • _Refried_
    Options
    Everyone else in there
  • wolfpack77
    Options
    Not putting your weights away.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    So I was at the gym the other day and realized how much I HATE it when I'm on the treadmill or elliptical and the person next to me constantly looks over at my machine to see what level I'm on or how many calories I burned :noway: . It's probably not that big of a deal, but it still really irritates me

So what are your gym pet peeves?
    \

that really iritates me too! Its like they are competing with me .
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    When there are ten EMPTY treadmills and someone ALWAYS has to climb on the one RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!! UGH!
  • awadm
    awadm Posts: 252
    Options
    When there are ten EMPTY treadmills and someone ALWAYS has to climb on the one RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!! UGH!

Yes!! It's like they're purposely trying to annoy the hell out of you:explode:
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    When I want to use equipment (waiting) and the guy is on his f#$% Cellphone.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I don't work out at a gym anymore.

This is why.

I would hear animal noises.

MOO! OINK! MOO!

:mad:
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I hate when people talk to me at the gym and stop my workout. This includes my wife. I don't want to stay there any longer than I need to. Wave hello to me and leave me alone.
  • kbresso
    kbresso Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not putting your weights away.

This. An old boyfriend of mine got me into weightlifting in college and he always said pulling the weights on and off and putting them away is part of the workout.
  • Stinky people.... :grumble:

All other stuff never bothers me :tongue:.
  • NYCgirl1974
    Options
    People talking on their phones. Drives me nuts!
  • nuffexercise2012
    Options

This drivies me crazy:mad: especially when they over do it on the perfume and after shave or whatever they have on..just make me want to gag:sick:
  • 126siany
    Options

This drivies me crazy:mad: especially when they over do it on the perfume and after shave or whatever they have on..just make me want to gag:sick:

Or they talk on their phone loudly enough that you can hear them over your own headphones.
  • Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    nothing to really bothers me, because i have on my headphone and im in my own world. The one thing that does bother me is people who leave sweat on the machines and also people who stank lol... i can't stand grown *kitten* people who stink, theres no excuse...NONE..

get Degree... its body heat activated lol

oh, another thing i notice, it doesnt bother me, but it weird that some people work out in regular cloths, like this one dudes works out every saturday in blue jeans and a white tee, then just leaves no shower or change of cloths, he just leaves.
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    People standing over equipment talking not using it
    People on their cellphones (Ive even seen a guy reading a book inbetween sets on the machine cable row..W-T-F)
    Stinky people
    Dudes who need a reality check
    Overweight people in skimpy or tight clothing
    Not putting the weights back in the right spot ( come on man. )
    Not unracking your weights
    Not wiping down your machine if your all sweaty and have gotten it wet in any shape or form

Ive seen people talking chit about other gym members... that really annoys me.
  • 126siany
    Options
    nothing to really bothers me, because i have on my headphone and im in my own world. The one thing that does bother me is people who leave sweat on the machines and also people who stank lol... i can't stand grown *kitten* people who stink, theres no excuse...NONE..

oh, another thing i notice, it doesnt bother me, but it weird that some people work out in regular cloths, like this one dudes works out every saturday in blue jeans and a white tee, then just leaves no shower or change of cloths, he just leaves.

I do see people in street clothes sometimes and I feel overheated just looking at them. I need all those special fabrics that help you to stay cool. But I figure they're probably on a budget and at least they are getting their workout in!

I never shower at the gym if I can possibly avoid it. Nearly always go back home and shower there. (And no, I don't use the pool, so don't worry!)
  • Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    Options

I do see people in street clothes sometimes and I feel overheated just looking at them. I need all those special fabrics that help you to stay cool. But I figure they're probably on a budget and at least they are getting their workout in!

I never shower at the gym if I can possibly avoid it. Nearly always go back home and shower there. (And no, I don't use the pool, so don't worry!)

its different when u leave without showering in work out cloths, but if u leave without changing or showering when u are wearing street cloths, that a whole nother level of funk .. "whole nother Level" lmao
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    When they do not unload the rack..and I gotta do extra work.. Ya..I said it..I'm lazy..