Pet Peeves at the Gym

Options

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    When I'm doing some Cardio someone always has to take the machine next to me. Then they either talk on there cell phone or their friend shows up and has to have a conversion that everyone in 200 yard radius can hear. This only happens when I forget to bring my headphones.
  • BarretScarbrough
    BarretScarbrough Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have had many:
    When someone is trying to DESTROY a machine by (the bicycle) by pedaling as intensely as they can and you can hear the bearings screaming.

When some Roided up guy is making all this moaning and groaning and strips down to this underwear right there in front of everyone and stairs in the mirror... gets dressed... works out a while more, and does it again : /

When someone intentionally walks between you and the piece of equipment you are working on instead of walking around.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    When there are ten EMPTY treadmills and someone ALWAYS has to climb on the one RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!! UGH!

This one annoys me too. Why must people get on the machine right next to you when there are like 10 extra machines available? It ruins my rhythm and pisses me off.

I am also annoyed by people that sweat all over the equipment and don't bother to wipe it down when they are done and people that monopolize equipment not being aware that there are other people around that might want to use it.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Nothing actually peeves me off, but I do laugh on the inside at all the guys doing an hour of bicep curl variations 3 days a week.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    When I set myself up to do tricep pull downs the other day and walked 2 steps away only to have another woman take the rope and go to another spot and then didn't even use the rope, but I had to find another one in the meantime. Now I'm just irritated when I see that person days later. There's no way she didn't see me put it there 2 seconds prior.

Generally I get annoyed when the machines I want or the dumbbells I want aren't available as we only have 1 of every machine due to my gym downsizing over the past few years.
  • AVinmill
    AVinmill Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Most of these irritate me to some degree which is why I work out at 7am. The gym is almost empty at that hour so I don't have to deal with any obnoxious people.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    In my apartment gym, you can't get in without using your keypad. People will try to FLAG me down through the window while I would be in mid jog and making great time. I'd ignore... and THAT'S why I jog outside now. :D
  • bugiya
    bugiya Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with not liking people who dont wipe machines but what i really dislike is the women that come into the gym in full make up and barely work out then complain to trainers that they arent seeing results um perhaps if you put your phone down and broke a sweat you may get somewhere if not get out of the gym and let others train in peace
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    People using a machine I want to get on texting their friends between their sets instead of GETTING ON WITH IT !!! :grumble: :mad: :explode:
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    People who curl in the squat rack

/rage every fcking time and contemplate chunking 10lbs weights at their head like frisbees
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    the other ppl there
    the chicks who wear barely any clothes and come to pose
    full face make up
    ppl on their cell phones
    ppl on machines next to me
    ppl sitting on machines not using it
    loud ppl - if it's that heavy put it the fork down and stfu
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    perfume and cologne
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    ced5a1f8ed3d67037ca4052002f15e3bf6.png
  • LiftHuff
    Options
    People using a power rack for curls or let-me-ups or rows ffs
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    People who leave a mess in the showers. I can't stand the showers in my gym. If you can get the shower to work at all your usually standing in 2 inches of scum because everyone leaves their gunk in the drain. GROSS!!!!!! I've seen pads floating in some stalls!! Women can be pigs!
  • LiftHuff
    Options
    People using a machine I want to get on texting their friends between their sets instead of GETTING ON WITH IT !!! :grumble: :mad: :explode:

I do this. I take 3-5 minutes of rest between sets. If I walk away, some curlbro will take my rack to do moar curls.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    People using a power rack for curls or let-me-ups or rows ffs

What if I use the Smiths machine? :runs:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    the other ppl there
    the chicks who wear barely any clothes and come to pose
    full face make up
    ppl on their cell phones
    ppl on machines next to me
    ppl sitting on machines not using it
    loud ppl - if it's that heavy put it the fork down and stfu

so basically everything? LOL :laugh:
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options

Overweight people in skimpy or tight clothing

Oi! We do that so we can see how much weight we are losing - it's a well known form of motivation!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I do enjoy a good gym rant. My gym has only one bench press, one squat rack, and no where to do dead lifts or olympic lifts.

A new gym is opening at the end of the week. The salesman is claiming two squat racks. We shall see.

He has confirmed that the chin up bars will be too short to use in this gym also. Plus the too small dumbbells are even smaller in the new gym. And the kettlebells will also be too small.