Pet Peeves at the Gym

Options
14567810»

Replies

• ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Saw a guy at the gym last night on the tricep push down machine ( i was waiting patiently) and he was talking on his cell holding the phone with one hand and using the other hand to do the push down...then he would switch so he didnt have to quit talking. I think its pathetic that you cant leave your phone for a length of time to exercise and focus your energy on that. Never did get the machine either.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    - women who do not wear bras - built in bras don't give you the support you think they do and if i can see your nipples.. well....

I get what you're saying, but honestly I'm a B/C and usually use the built in bras, because I tend to overheat really badly when I workout and don't like my arms to be restricted in any way. Hence sleevless tops with built in bras. Sorry if I offend. :flowerforyou:
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    lol a lot of the things people mentioned in this thread have zero effect on them whatsoever and are just an excuse for them to be judgmental.

Prime example being the comment about ake up: Sorry! I'm not going to wash the make up I wore to work off my face before heading to the gym, after which I will be showering anyways just so I don't "peeve" off the other females in the gym lol. Not to mention that a lot of the girls who do wear make up are probably doing so to feel secure in an environment they are not yet comfortable in - be happy for them that they are coming to the gym and making a positive change in their lives instead of being petty and judgmental.

Other examples of things people said are overweight people wearing tight clothes, or people wearing street clothes - please tell me how on earth this effects you or your work out?
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Guys who throw weights down!!! Really!!??? If you can't pick them up and put them down gently then they are too heavy for you!!!! Get lighter weight!!! Dufus!!!

I would like you to demonstrate how to safely set down the barbell during heavy power cleans.

lol exactly.

If you have never had to drop a barbell or let it crash to the floor.....then you are either weak or you lift like a kid.

If you are gently setting the barbell down after your deadlift, go join a crossfit gym because deadlifts are meant to be dropped to a DEAD stop. Gently controlling that sucker on the way down is a recipe for a slipped disc....especially if you are using real weight and not some 20+ rep crossfit crap.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    Guys who throw weights down!!! Really!!??? If you can't pick them up and put them down gently then they are too heavy for you!!!! Get lighter weight!!! Dufus!!!

I would like you to demonstrate how to safely set down the barbell during heavy power cleans.

lol exactly.

If you have never had to drop a barbell or let it crash to the floor.....then you are either weak or you lift like a kid.

If you are gently setting the barbell down after your deadlift, go join a crossfit gym because deadlifts are meant to be dropped to a DEAD stop. Gently controlling that sucker on the way down is a recipe for a slipped disc....especially if you are using real weight and not some 20+ rep crossfit crap.

what he said, and i would also like to add that tigers should not be pets.
  • AncientLullaby_
    Options
    women who drown themselves in perfume and come to the gym :noway:
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    women who wear make up to the gym...

the smelly weirdo who thinks he is the sexiest guy in the gym and hits on everybody

people who complain they don't want too much muscle [as if with their work outs they would be able to get the muscles they don't want]
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    People talking on their phones. Drives me nuts!

Me too!!! I was at the gym a couple of days ago and the guy next to me was on his phone the ENTIRE time he was working out. Not only is it rude, but also if you can hold a steady phone conversation while working out then you probably aren't doing it right, just saying.

Also, people who don't wipe down the machines after they use them.

Oh and girls who come to the gym with a ton of make up on and literally not a drop of sweat is on them when they leave. I mean I get having make up on because you came from work or something, but I know that if I do have make up on when I get there, my face does not look that pretty when I leave the gym. Haha
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Everyone else in there

HAHAHAHAHAA!!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Everyone else in there

^this
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Everyone else in there

^^ LOL ^^
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    For the OP:
    So you lost the race, I'm guessing?

;)
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    and to add to my previous post, you all seem to hate people who sweat too much.
    and hate people who don't sweat enough.
    seriously your gym experience must be miserable, spending all your time judging others on trivial things lmao.