Restaurants/food you've had to say goodbye to.

Options
1234568»

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    If the Halloween editions taste the same as the Easter editions, I think I'm going to give up Cadbury creme eggs. They were way too sweet. :/

The chocolate creme eggs were pretty good though! I also cut out frozen meals and things like Hot Pockets and Tyson chicken tenders, which were my staple lunch for a few years, because they weren't satisfying and getting them to heat properly is a real PITA.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Just thought of a food I quit eating:

20120522-condensed-milk-carnation.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've given up things that just weren't worth the calories.

This is all I've done, as well as eating certain things less frequently.

It was kind of sad to realize how much stuff I used to eat that I just didn't care about but, hey, they were there. I'm much choosier now that I have a calorie budget to consider. Well, most of the time.
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Boneless wings and wedges with cheese from Buffalo Wild Wings... And most pizzas. The amounts that I would be able to eat to stay within my calories would leave me super unsatisfied.

Of course I'll have them every now and again, but just not frequently.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I have given up nothing….

and who rebumped this thread?
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I've had to say good-bye to fried seafood -- not just because it's fattening -- but because I have had incredible heartburn the last two times I had it. I don't eat it very often, maybe a couple of times a year, but it's really made me suffer. I think if you cut way back on fried foods and reintroduce them, you can really suffer some ill effects.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I either order smarter or split the meal in half or more.
  • rongata
    rongata Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    the hotbar at whole foods used to make my day, wings mac and cheese and their sweet potatoes but unfortunately I cannot count the calories there :(
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I've had to cut out pretty much everything lol, but really don't miss anything except FLOUR TORTILLAS!!! I'm latin and oh goodness do I miss flour tortillas.

Just yesterday, I was looking at my tortilla warmer and thinking, "I might as well put that in a closet somewhere," lol. It hasn't had any use in a very long time. :) I did push the tortilla maker to the back of it's cabinet. Had to make room for Tupperware to store all the frozen berries. :)

Corn tortillas are healthier than most breads you can get. The average corn tortilla ( not the super size ones) have between 47-55 calories. Because of the way the masa is produced ( nixtamalisation ) all the vitamins and minerals are freed and a tortilla is healthy and diet friendly. I eat about three a day and have so far lost 65 pounds.
    If you miss flour tortillas , I can't comment, because they are more of a Tex.Mex thing. I have lived so far for 20 years in Mexico and know no one who eats flour tortillas.....lol.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Dryer's MAXX mint chocolate chip ice cream. The gas station kind.

Pizza with pepperoni and jalapeños. At Ceasars Pizza-- with the jalapeño cheese dip.

The reason I can't have these is because I am lactose intolerant. When I was self destructive and miserable, I didn't care if I was bloated, nauseated, and in pain. Now I care more about my health and feeling good, so I avoid all dairy. But I loved those.

Oh and Ahoy chocolate chip cookies. I just need to avoid those because I have NO moderation with those.
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've given up most restaurant foods other than Chipotle salads with meat/mild salsa/guac. Even that is a lot of calories, but if you really pile on the lettuce, it's also a lot of food.

I've given up sweets full stop because I will eat them until I explode!

I try to eat around 1200 calories and it's so hard to do that and indulge at all. I do try to take one meal per month and make it more indulgent, but even doing that throws me off my game. I sink back into bad habits really easily.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I said goodbye to Chipotle's burrito bowl with black beans, rice, chicken, sour cream, shredded cheese, sauce, and lettuce. *sighing* That's all a whopping 600+ calories....and I don't even know the REST of the nutrients like sodium.

Erica

You can bring that down by almost half the calories by eliminating either the black beans or rice (choose one or the other), the sour cream and cheese. Add fajita veggies, salsa and extra lettuce. Also, barbacoa has fewer calories than chicken. Also, I don't know what "sauce" is, but unless it's salsa don't have that either.
  • birdiebunny
    birdiebunny Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    poesch77 wrote: »
    I havent said goodbye to anything :) for me this needs to be something i can do for life, and life is too short not to enjoy decadent, delicious food sometimes. I have a free day, usually sunday, when i eat what i want. I'm still losing weight. You dont have to give things up-just dont have them all the time :)

this ^^^^ I cannot NEVER have something.....it will make me want it more! :tongue:

I also have not given anything up and am slowly losing the weight. If I give something up then it's all I want.