HAL 2 0 1 0 Team (new small group)

Options

Replies

• makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Just double checked...wrote it down this time.......
    to see your goals

click on homepage
    click goals
    scroll down click on change goals
    click the custom box
    Now you should be able to see how your set up and make changes from there....:bigsmile:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Hey everyone, just checking in, looks like everyone is doing what needs to be done! :bigsmile:

Did Core synergistics today and I really like the workout, but realized I'd never make it in prison :ohwell: if I had to do those jailhouse push ups all day :laugh: :laugh: , I jumped on the elliptical after warming up and went 4 miles, then came back and finished the core workout and I have to say..."I brought it today!" :bigsmile:

Hey Verda, right there with ya!!, today was my 26th day of fitness also, I find I do better if I do something everyday. I also do either stretch or Yoga on Sundays....great minds think alike:wink:

Kelynn, I'm not sure if your able to have it or not with your diet, but I get extra protein from Whey powder, I mix it with milk and frozen berries and for me it's close to a shake. I also have lots of fish and chicken breast. I like the snickers nutrition bars too, they are pretty good tasting and the ones I like have 10 grams of protein per bar. I have my intake set at 40 carb/40 protein/20 fats...but I might be dropping a little more of the carbs if the scale doesn't start moving....I went low carb the first round I did of P90X and it just seemed like it wiped me out...so I've done some research and thought the 40/40/20 seemed do-able.

I wondered if you all realized that the pre-set carb setting in our food logs is set to 55%? That's alot, maybe not for you runners though....I thought I changed it, but went back to check yesterday after a MFP pal asked and sure enough it was 55%..OMG! Carbs stick to me....I can't be eating 55% daily...

I think I'm calling it a night..hump day tomorrow :drinker: everyone have a great day!
    I do not see where it shows you the percentage, am I DUH? Ok, I am set for 1200 cals carbs/165 Fats/40 Prot./45 Sodium/2500. Of course then I add more because of fitness. At the end of the day I try to have my protein Higher than what they have set for me but Lower on the carb and fat total!
    Isopure RTD have 40 grams of protein and I use Low fat cottage EVERYDAY, Adams All Natural Peanut Butter, roasted chicken, eggs and our lean beef! Those are a few of my daily items! I am NOT a big user of whey although I do use it on strenuous workout days mixed with apple or grape juice!

Verda, just to clarify, you mean 40% 40% 20% not grams, right? Right now I'm at 48% carbs 16% fat and 36% protein, but I may need to adjust it. I always hit my carb goal and have to be very strategic to not go over, usually hit my fat goal, but don't worry if I go a little over since it's set pretty low, and struggle to hit my protein goal. I need to think about it and maybe change some things up.
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Well, didn't make it to the gym but I did do my video workout. It was called 1 on 1 CORE by Jackie Warner, then I did part of her other video called total circuit workout or something like that. I'd say it was a total of about 40mins. I could of probably done better but it got late on me so I just did that, and of course I had to modify most of the moves but I did make sure to keep on moving. That's what I like about running..all you have to do is just run! Tonight I was like all over the place..stand up, okay get down on the mat..and now get to the side..stand up and get your weights. But, i did it..lets see if I start feeling it tomorrow night, then it'll mean I did something right.

I am glad that I did get up and do some type of workout tonight.
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Hey, Kelynn, This is Debra (makeitallsue) and yes I have mine set for 40%/40%/20%. I think Verda does the same. I am going to try that for a couple weeks and if I don't see results, I might drop the carb down to 35% and up the protein to 45%. Tamishumate from this site has lost 150+ pounds and works with a trainer and she has been giving me advise, I have been stuck for a long time. I went from last May thru November not losing a pound...just inches, I started eating a little more and the scale started giving me 1 pound every 10 or so days...not cool!
    I lost 75 pounds in 7 months back in 1990 eating 1200 calories a day, working out only 50 minutes a day 6 days a week, this time around I am working out most days double that, but I have been eating those exercise calories...not sure if that is a good idea, but I did start to see results again, so I am sticking with it, I'm just going to tweak around with the amounts.... I know I'm 20 years older now...but jeez!:laugh: :laugh:
  • makeitallsue
    Options

I am glad that I did get up and do some type of workout tonight.
    Good Job Jessica, that's hard to do after a long day!
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Hey, Kelynn, This is Debra (makeitallsue) and yes I have mine set for 40%/40%/20%. I think Verda does the same. I am going to try that for a couple weeks and if I don't see results, I might drop the carb down to 35% and up the protein to 45%. Tamishumate from this site has lost 150+ pounds and works with a trainer and she has been giving me advise, I have been stuck for a long time. I went from last May thru November not losing a pound...just inches, I started eating a little more and the scale started giving me 1 pound every 10 or so days...not cool!
    I lost 75 pounds in 7 months back in 1990 eating 1200 calories a day, working out only 50 minutes a day 6 days a week, this time around I am working out most days double that, but I have been eating those exercise calories...not sure if that is a good idea, but I did start to see results again, so I am sticking with it, I'm just going to tweak around with the amounts.... I know I'm 20 years older now...but jeez!:laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the advice, Debra. I'm going to mess around with my numbers a little bit. I'm losing ok (when I still to my plan!) but every single day I hit my max for either carbs or fat (although fat I'm less worried about because I don't eat "bad" fat) and still have usually 200-300 calories left, so clearly I'm doing something wrong. You'd think I would naturally eat less carbs since I am supposed to be on a very low-gluten diet! I guess it will take a little bit to get this all sorted out. Although, maybe "if it's not broek, don't fix it?" :huh: :laugh:
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options

Thanks for the advice, Debra. I'm going to mess around with my numbers a little bit. I'm losing ok (when I still to my plan!) but every single day I hit my max for either carbs or fat (although fat I'm less worried about because I don't eat "bad" fat) and still have usually 200-300 calories left, so clearly I'm doing something wrong. You'd think I would naturally eat less carbs since I am supposed to be on a very low-gluten diet! I guess it will take a little bit to get this all sorted out. Although, maybe "if it's not broek, don't fix it?" :huh: :laugh:

Kelynn- for what its worth, I have mine set at 45/35/20. Carbs/pro/fat. you may want ot keep your carbs a little higher the more you run. If you are doing strength training, then more protein is good, to build muscle. Protein shakes are a great way to get more protein. I have used them in the past, and there are some that I actually enjoy.
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Wow, I wish I could be that precise. I use this P90X spreadsheet to keep track of cals. It's simple for me. Eat protein, veggies, and stay away from carbs/snacks/sweets. The hardest is balancing gatorade and gels during long workouts.

Sorry I have not been on here more. I am blasted busy getting ready for a business trip this weekend. I'll work on the charts tonight after church.

Raymond
  • betoGod
    betoGod Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi all, just checking in. The workout week has been really good. Can't wait to pump some iron tomorrow again. Did 25 minutes on the elliptical today with no weights training. Tomorrow back to weights with 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Sounds like everyone is working out the diet proportions. Do most of you know how to translate grams to calories? Its 4 calories per gram of protein and carbs, and 9 calories per gram of fat. I think the most important thing about the proportion is what makes each of us feel the best. We are all different. Myself I favor a high protein diet, but then I don't eat as much vegetables as I should. When I eat more vegetables I tend to eat less because of the bulk.

Looking forward to those great weight losses next week!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Having an excellent week. I'm halfway through my work outs, and have not fallen off the wagon nutritionally. On pace to meet all goals this week.

Although, now is the time to focus. The latter half of the week is usually when I begin to lose focus.

I noticed in the mirror today that my abs are starting to get some definition...but there's still love handles and back fat. I know there's no control over where the fats gets pulled from, but it's just interesting to watch the process.
  • Jessica68
    Options
    Sounds like everyone really is having a great week. I could have eaten better yesterday than what I did.
    I have stuck to my pledge of working out every day this week (mon-fri).

Just had a FANTABULOUS RUN!!! Man oh man...I kept going like the energizer bunny...today I ran non stop for 4.40miles! Unbelievable! Then I walked up to mile 5.
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    Hey all- Sounds like everyone is having a much better week this week :smile: I am doing really well. The scale is certainly moving in the right direction!

We got a surprise snow storm here today, and school is getting out early, which means I get to leave work early! :bigsmile: Gotta love it!
  • iplayoutside19
    Options
    I can tell my core work out this morning was effective. It hurts to stand or sit up straight.

I went 31 calories over goal today. However, the past few days I've been 600 under goal. I figured I might have to give some back today.

My work out in the morning will be shoveling snow. We're supposed to get 6-10 inches overnight. So I'll just do what I do every morning. Put on the HRM, prepare for the conditions and get after it. I'll go for an hour. If my neighbors get their sidewalks shoveled so what.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Keep on keepin on guys, everyone is doing great! I did 3x1600's with 800 jogs in between, for a total of 7 miles today. I did Power Yoga this morning. I found that today that I won't be able to do my 10 miler on April 10th after all!:sad: :sad: :sad: That's becasue my hubby won a trip to jamaica, and we will be there that weekend!:drinker: :drinker: So I found a 15k race that is 2 weeks earlier, it's a trail run and you run through the redwoods! NICE!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Or I could do a 1/2 the day before easter...don't know if I will be 100% at my best for that....what do you guys think? 15k or 1/2 marathon?
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Keep on keepin on guys, everyone is doing great! I did 3x1600's with 800 jogs in between, for a total of 7 miles today. I did Power Yoga this morning. I found that today that I won't be able to do my 10 miler on April 10th after all!:sad: :sad: :sad: That's becasue my hubby won a trip to jamaica, and we will be there that weekend!:drinker: :drinker: So I found a 15k race that is 2 weeks earlier, it's a trail run and you run through the redwoods! NICE!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Or I could do a 1/2 the day before easter...don't know if I will be 100% at my best for that....what do you guys think? 15k or 1/2 marathon?

Good job and OH HOW AWESOME!!! Lucky you guys!!! Swimsuit time!!!!!!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    I can tell my core work out this morning was effective. It hurts to stand or sit up straight.

I went 31 calories over goal today. However, the past few days I've been 600 under goal. I figured I might have to give some back today.

My work out in the morning will be shoveling snow. We're supposed to get 6-10 inches overnight. So I'll just do what I do every morning. Put on the HRM, prepare for the conditions and get after it. I'll go for an hour. If my neighbors get their sidewalks shoveled so what.
    Well now you know you still have ab muscles under there and they are asking for a six pack!!!! Shoveling snow uses core so you will be having a great workout in the morning! Stretch your back first!!!!! Sorry for the snow, we had that over the weekend with strong winds so roads were closed, people snowed in due to drifts! Today was 17 below, I'd rather have the cold without wind than a ton of snow!! Way to work it, keep at it!
  • iplayoutside19
    Options

I'd do the 15K.

I've been reading this book about Ultra Running. I absolutly have to do one, just to see what it's like. But there's a lot of work I have to do before I could consider that. Maybe in 2011. Good news is, there are a couple of Ultra Races in Kansas if you can imagine that. They're up by Kansas City and Lawrence where they have hills and hard wood forests.
  • Jessica68
    Options
    I did a workout video tonight, one by Jilian Michael's. My muscles have been sore since Tuesday nights workout video..but I think of it as a good kind of hurt. But, I must confess I haven't done well with my foods two nights this week..and the scale has moved up slightly, i sure hope I see it go back down my Saturday!

Although I haven't been great with my food, I am very happy with my runs and proud of myself for sticking to the workout pledge! But would like to incorporate both next week...good meals and workouts!
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, this is the first time I have been on the computer to really let anyone know how things went. My surgery took 3 hours to do and it was a lot worse than what they thought. There was alot of damage but all is cleared up and I'm now home recovering. It was touchy right after I was in a lot of pain but 3 hours later I was up walking on my own with very little pain. I have most of the feeling back in my hand and arm so that is great! I do get really tired fast so I willl be taking it very easy. I have a nice long insintion on the left side of my neck but I have no stiches i'm glued back together which is kind of funny but hey they say less of a scar so I'll go with it. The brace is a huge pain in the butt but I'm stuck in it for at least 3 months. So I will deal with it. I'm sleeping in a recliner since I can't really lay down yet but in time I will be able to curl up in bed and sleep for 8 hours! LOL

I'm really not having to take any pain pills cause I'm really not in pain which is a shock for me since I figured I'd be in lots but hey good for me. my throat and chest was the worst pain the last couple of days but that is to passing now so i'm thinking things went really well.

I just wanted to touch base with you all and let you know that yep I'm still alive, LOL! Anyone can send me a message cause i'm not sure how often i will be on the computer but I look forward to hearing from any of you! Good luck with this journey!

Tracy
  • vhuber
    Options
    hi everyone, this is the first time I have been on the computer to really let anyone know how things went. My surgery took 3 hours to do and it was a lot worse than what they thought. There was alot of damage but all is cleared up and I'm now home recovering. It was touchy right after I was in a lot of pain but 3 hours later I was up walking on my own with very little pain. I have most of the feeling back in my hand and arm so that is great! I do get really tired fast so I willl be taking it very easy. I have a nice long insintion on the left side of my neck but I have no stiches i'm glued back together which is kind of funny but hey they say less of a scar so I'll go with it. The brace is a huge pain in the butt but I'm stuck in it for at least 3 months. So I will deal with it. I'm sleeping in a recliner since I can't really lay down yet but in time I will be able to curl up in bed and sleep for 8 hours! LOL

I'm really not having to take any pain pills cause I'm really not in pain which is a shock for me since I figured I'd be in lots but hey good for me. my throat and chest was the worst pain the last couple of days but that is to passing now so i'm thinking things went really well.

I just wanted to touch base with you all and let you know that yep I'm still alive, LOL! Anyone can send me a message cause i'm not sure how often i will be on the computer but I look forward to hearing from any of you! Good luck with this journey!

Tracy

Hi Tracy, I am soooo glad to read that all went well! Wow what an awesome surgery. No pain, no stitches and no scars!!!! I wish you a super rapid recovery. Get well and take care!
    Verda