Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HAL 2 0 1 0 Team (new small group)

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    OK guys, it sounds like everyone is having an off week. HANG IN THERE!!!! Just keep chuggin' along!

I did my race today, I was pleased with my time, but way off my prediction! HA!:laugh: I was 5 minutes faster than my predicted time.

Here are my stats for the week.
    Current weight 168.0 - Down .4 from last week, I will take it!
    Run miles- 21 (yay!)
    Hip measurement- 43- the same
    Days at or under cals- 6 oops!
  • Wow, sounds like I am not the only person having a bad week. Hang in there team!!
    As for myself, I have been sick since Monday. I have a brutal cold in my chest which is really restricting any real exercise. I lasted about 4 minutes walking on the treadmill on Monday and couldn't catch my breath at all, so I have not exercised at all. That being said:
    weight 192lbs
    within cal. limit 2 days this week :(
    nights without snacking: 2
    gym days: a big fat 0

one things for sure; when you are used to having a hectic schedule and then have to spend the week sick on the couch, it's way to easy to eat non-stop goodies.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Is today report in day to Raymond?
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Originally it was going to be Saturdays, but turned out some prefer Sunday so seems most are reporting in on Sunday. So, seems Saturday OR Sunday is fine. Your choice.
  • betoGod
    betoGod Posts: 30
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has issues this week. Thursday I decided to go to the chinese buffet and pigged out. I felt totally salted out afterward. Then my son who has also been watching his food, wanted pizza, so again I ate way too much. Woke up Friday morning feeling like pizza was still in my stomach. I was very bloated and had a difficult time working out, but I Did it!

Weight 228.6, -.8
    Total fitness hours 5.5

Body Fat 51.2%, -.7%
    Calories burned during cardio = 900 (4 treadmill, 1 elliptical)
    Total inches lost = 1.0

I am looking forward to having a GREAT week with hard-working exercise and excellent eating habits EVERY DAY :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • vhuber
    Originally it was going to be Saturdays, but turned out some prefer Sunday so seems most are reporting in on Sunday. So, seems Saturday OR Sunday is fine. Your choice.
    Thank you!!!
  • Jessica68
    :smile:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Alright, I'm not proud of it at all. Next will WILL be better- it has to be.

Starting weight Jan. 1st: 160.6
    Last week's weight: 155.4
    Current weight: 157.4 (up 2 lbs.- I guess my last chance to eat brownies, pasta, pizza, etc. caught up to me!!)

Days at/under calories: big fat 0
    Running miles: 3.8
    Days of other workouts: 3

Fitness hours: 1.7

I'm putting this embarrassing week behind me and moving forward... starting NOW.
  • vhuber
    My eating sucked this week too. I counted cals but was over 4 out of 7
    I did good on my protein so that was 7/7
    My fitness was awesome, over an hour everday 7/7
    Hope you got this update Raymond and I hope you received my message for the week one post! Thanks Man!
    Verda
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Well, I'm so-so, because I was under my calories all week, but I was snacking late-night, tried to make them healthy:ohwell: ...No weight change which totally bums me out...but I'm hanging in there...I've been through this before...

Weekly Check IN

Current weight 213.8 same/no change :sad: :sad:
    Fitness Hours 8 hours 26 minutes

Cardio Minutes 285 total minutes
    Below calories 7 days
    night snacking 3 days :ohwell:

Just wanted to check in, Grandkids are going home later , I'll catch up on posts later!!!!!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Sounds like we all had a bad week.

I regressed last week too. I came in under my calorie goal for only 4 days. My brain just fell out. Not only did I start drinking Diet Coke again, I didn't stay away from the taquito's.

The only goal I did accomplish was the running. I completed Week 4 of Gateway to 8K. Then ran a 5K yesterday. I was happy with my effort in the 5K, but think I could have been faster had I done better nutritionally.

So, it was no wonder I was up 2 lbs this week. However, I think most of that is the sodium from celecrating the 5K yesterday.

But that was last week. New week starts today. I'm going to focus more on the strength training this week. I'm still going to run, but if I get in a time crunch stregth gets the nod ahead of running. I just designed a good stregth routine focusing on upper body and core stability, because that will really help with other stuff....like anything.

Goals for this week:
    -All Days @ Calorie Goal
    -No Pop (soda)
    -No Taquito's
    -Complete Week 5 of Gateway to 8K
    -Complete 3 strength training work outs on non running days.

No room for complacency here...go Get it!
  • vhuber
    Sounds like we all had a bad week.

I regressed last week too. I came in under my calorie goal for only 4 days. My brain just fell out. Not only did I start drinking Diet Coke again, I didn't stay away from the taquito's.

The only goal I did accomplish was the running. I completed Week 4 of Gateway to 8K. Then ran a 5K yesterday. I was happy with my effort in the 5K, but think I could have been faster had I done better nutritionally.

So, it was no wonder I was up 2 lbs this week. However, I think most of that is the sodium from celecrating the 5K yesterday.

But that was last week. New week starts today. I'm going to focus more on the strength training this week. I'm still going to run, but if I get in a time crunch stregth gets the nod ahead of running. I just designed a good stregth routine focusing on upper body and core stability, because that will really help with other stuff....like anything.

Goals for this week:
    -All Days @ Calorie Goal
    -No Pop (soda)
    -No Taquito's
    -Complete Week 5 of Gateway to 8K
    -Complete 3 strength training work outs on non running days.

No room for complacency here...go Get it!
    Life's road has LOT'S of bumps and you just crossed a week of em, you're doing ok but for sure DITCH the pop that *hit is bad news!! You have a great attitude and that is going to pull you to your goal, good job!!
    Verda
  • Jessica68
    Them taquitos must be good! Poor thing, I know its hard to resist something we start making a habit of. Just EAT something healthy before you get to that Taquito place. That will help you resist.

Im pigging out today, didnt mean too but its happening! nibbling on pickles now...trying REAL hard to stay away from the chips & dip that are calling out my name! lol
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Hey team!!!

Looks like we all will be looking forward to wrapping this week up. I ended up sorta angry about it and logged 36 miles running in spite of myself.

Verda, I have all the updates, no worries.

iplay, hang in there. I am very excited about what you will be posting about late this year. I think this 8k program is just scratching the surface. Stay focused and don't get too down. Everyone will slide for a day or two, but when it goes for 3 or 4 that's when you loose ground fast.

Debra, you are still a machine! Over 8 hours of exercise, still great in my books.

Kelynn, this week is behind you. I diddo my comments to iplay. I also see some great potential and can't wait until you find a rythm with your fitness. Good weather is coming and praying you get to some solid conclusion on your health.
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member

Im pigging out today, didnt mean too but its happening! nibbling on pickles now...trying REAL hard to stay away from the chips & dip that are calling out my name! lol

Jessica, you must be getting ready to watch the Viking win!!! Ha.. I am not a big NFL fan BUT have been a Viking fan since, well..., I was walking. Try not to go overboard too much, but of course we are celebration for the Viikes...right? HA!

Raymond
  • Jessica68
    Actually...Im torn because my son lives up in Minnesota but my dear hubby here is going for the Saints. So Im just going for the CHIPS! LOL

Going to have me some warm tea...says WU YI TEA before I give in to them chips.
  • vhuber
    Actually...Im torn because my son lives up in Minnesota but my dear hubby here is going for the Saints. So Im just going for the CHIPS! LOL

Going to have me some warm tea...says WU YI TEA before I give in to them chips.
    Soooo Funny! Enjoy the zero cal tea!!!
  • vhuber
    My fitness was 3 miles in 30 minutes for 351 calories on the elliptical! Whoo Hooooo!!! and today was to be my rest day!!!!
    Burned off some of those oatmeal cookies I ate today!!!
    That is 24 out of 24 days of fitness for 2010!!
    Now if I could get my eating clean, I would be a true machine!!!
  • Jessica68
    WOW Verda...24 days in a row..you go girl!

oh and by the time I decided to grab some chips & salsa.......all that was left was the broken ones at the bottom of the bag! I still ate them anyways....but at least I couldn't have AS many since they're weren't any! So I still managed to stay under my calories for the day.

nite nite

a NEW week begins EVERYONE!

Kelynn praying that you finally find out exactly what is going on and that all goes better than you expected.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Back to the taquito thing. While I was typing that post it hit me: I can make my own healthy taquito's for a fraction of the price.

So that's what I did, 203 calories each with protien and veggies. Good Snack! Problem solved.

Had an awesome work out this morning. I'll be feeling my back and abs some time tomorrow. But right now I feel good, If I were in HS I'd strut, I might do that anyway.
This discussion has been closed.