May Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I would like to join please. My bday is in May and I would like to be around 145-140 by the 15th of May my 31st bday. My biggest problem is motivation. My starting weight is 160 (Ihave been stuck at this weight for months) I can not get the scale to go down> Anyone have any suggestions on how to break a plateau?
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Today's workout is complete. I completed Jillian Michael's fat burning-boost metabolism dvd (5 minute warm up, 40 minute circuit training, 5 cool down). I'm soo glad the burn 500 calories a day challenge is over. While I still plan to continue my weight loss journey I'm trying not to obsess about it and realize it will come off in time with consistent behavior (eating healthy and exercising). As long as I do some form of exercise at least 5 days a week and eat healthy i'm sure I'll see some progress.

Have a great day!

SMADAG1 - You might have to change up your routine in some form. I'm not sure what your current workout/eating regime is but alot of people on here suggest switching things up, eating your exercise calories (if not currently doing so). I would take a good look at your current routine and see where you might be able to switch things up......Good Luck.
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    i can't say i've been doing good or bad. i think i'm starting to come down with something so my appetite is not very well and i'm feeling a bit weak. i've lost a pound since last friday but i'm not happy with the way i did it. i'd like this feeling to go away. i want to be better for the holidays.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    i can't say i've been doing good or bad. i think i'm starting to come down with something so my appetite is not very well and i'm feeling a bit weak. i've lost a pound since last friday but i'm not happy with the way i did it. i'd like this feeling to go away. i want to be better for the holidays.

Hope you feel better soon. If you're able get lots of rest and try to stay hydrated.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I was sick not that long ago, and I remember the feeling well. NOT what I had n mind when I wanted to lose weight! Feel better soon Ashia!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    May I join you fine folks? :smile: My 30th birthday is May 19; also, my husband graduates from law school in May and we will have family from both sides in town for it -- I want to look good!

Start weight: 197
    Dec. 25:
    Jan. 1:
    Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: Goal 169 (1.5 lb average loss per week)
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    So it has been a CRAZY couple of crazy days.... Trying to deal with the stress and emotions with out eating... so far so good looking forward to the holiday with my family and can't wait to have some cookiees and milk with Santa tomorrow!!!

Merry Christmas

Just remember to enjoy your celebration and stop when you are full:drinker: :drinker:
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well, aside from a bum knee this week, I have kept on track so far. Tomorrow, I'm afraid, will not be so great in the eating category, though. I will get up and work out extra hard before spending the day with the fam, but all that food......:love: . I keep telling myself "portion control," so we'll see. Maybe the fact that I have to weigh in on Friday will motivate me. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! :smile:
  • smadag1
    Options
    I plan on getting a lot of running in since my hubby has to work all weekend. I can not run after work because it is too dark so I am going to take advantage of my off days
  • lisawest
    Options
    Well, the exercise goal is an epic fail so far. Ugggg.:ohwell: : Plan was to get the exercise done while the munchkins were napping. But Mrs. Claus had to make a mad dash to find Little Mermaid jammies and panties in the right size. I bought them awhile back, but after her annual checkup, there is NO WAY my "little" girl will fit into them.:sad: And of course the first two stores I went to didn't have the size I needed.:grumble: Store number 3 had them, though!:bigsmile: Unfortunately, the extra drive time took up the alotted exercise time. But I just got both munchkins to sleep, so I'm off to workout now.:bigsmile: (Yes I got on here, first. My 2yo has had trouble getting to sleep, so I wanted to make sure he was well and truly asleep.)

Remember, MODERATION will be the key this week! Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I have been going hard the past 7 weeks b/c I was participating in boot camp 3 days a week and completing the boot camp homework assignments 3 days a week. I basically burned at least 500 calories 6 days a week for 6 weeks and while i saw some results I feel like I'm now at a stand still so I've decided to chill out a little bit this week and probably next week. I worked out Monday and Tuesday but decided to chill out today. I'll see how I feel about working out tomorrow when I wake up. I will continue to stay within my allotted calories on most of the days but may be a bit lenient on Christmas. I need to do something to jump start this weight loss process.

All in all it was a good day.
  • smadag1
    Options
    What is bootcamp? I heard a lot of people talk about it but have never know what it is.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I have not been very good. I will repent at some point over the next few days...:blushing:

Merry Christmas everyone!
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    :huh:
    So I didn't workout this morning... I really needed to in order to help counter act my evening dinner...
    And I was up late last night with the teen boys playing Rock Band!!!!! lots of fun, but waking up was a struggle this morning.. Don't think I will have time to workout before our christmas party or tomorrow AM.. Maybe I can get a walk in sometime... Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I wanted to take a minute to say "Merry Christmas to MFP friends and all your families". May tomorrow be filled with great times and even better memories.
  • lisawest
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
  • Emilydmo
    Emilydmo Posts: 101
    Options
    I didn't see this thread til today, but it is perfect motivation! I've been feeling all sorts of lazy and keep thinking I'll wait until Jan 1st to kick back into it, but joining this group and knowing I have a weigh-in on the 1st will get my butt in gear this next week! This is my first time doing any sort of motivational/support group thing on MFP, so here goes :)

Start weight: 214
    Dec. 25: 214
    Jan. 1:
    Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 175
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't do too bad considering it was the holidays...didn't have much water today, though, so this number will probably be up tomorrow...
    Start weight: 176
    Dec. 25: 174.6
  • here_to_lose
    Options
    Well I didn't lose anything BUT I didn't gain anything either. So I will take that.

Start weight: 254
    Dec. 25: 254
    Jan. 1:
    Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 214
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 177
    Dec 25: 178.9
    Jan. 1:
    Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 145

I adjusted my start weight because I had used my previous Monday weight which seems to be better than Fridays for some reason lately. I have not been good this week, obviously. I am hitting the store today and planning my meals ahead of time. I am going to be much better this week!!