May Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I am going to try to make this a personal challange for myself everyweek because motivation is difficult for me. If anyone has another suggestion I am up for anything
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Lets focus on Exercise, make a personal goal and stick with it, and getting our water--At least 8 servings of 8 oz a day. That will keep us focused and on track!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone who's joined us! We can certainly do group challenges to get the competative juices flowing, if you want to join in great! If not, stick around for the weekly check ins, and try personal challenges. I've always just done the personal challenges, but my biggest challenge is getting in enough exercise. So I'm game for this one! My family just got a Wii for Christmas, and I managed to do an hour and a half yesterday just messing around. Oh geez did I feel it this morning! Then, we had promised my 5yo daughter that we'd go ice skating today.:huh: So, after an hour and 45 minutes of that (which I haven't done since high school!) I am about toast. But I am well on my way to this week's exercise goal!

Those of you who made it through the holidays unscathed, CONGRATS!:drinker: Those of us who didn't, hop back on the wagon. We can do this!:bigsmile:

Special "HI" to my Aunt Mary! Without her example I never would've attempted this life change. Thanks bunches!:heart:
  • theya
    theya Posts: 4
    Options
    its my first day so i think i will jump on this with everyone else ....starting in at

dec 25--200
    jan 1 ---
    jan 8 --
    jan 15---
    jan22---

good luck to everyone
  • augustbells
    Options
    Count me in!

Start weight: 271
    Dec. 25:
    Jan. 1:
    Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 250!!!
  • augustbells
    Options
    Lets focus on Exercise, make a personal goal and stick with it, and getting our water--At least 8 servings of 8 oz a day. That will keep us focused and on track!

Most definitely! I need to start focusing more on exercise and staying hydrated. Water is sooo important.
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm with the challenge for this week. I plan on drinking at min 80 oz of water a day until Friday!!!! My body needs it:drinker: :drinker:

I will also commit to 3 1/2 hours of exercise for 5 days, mon-fri
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I am going to have 3 30 min sessions of exercise, I wish I could do more...and drink at least 72 oz water a day. This will be great!
  • lisawest
    Options
    My personal goals for the week: 1) exercise at least 30 minutes everyday (with our new Wii Fit+, I can do this), 2) don't over do it with the relatives during the second half of the week (another "Christmas" with lots of fun!), 3) re-up my H2O intake (dropped considerably since I started break last week)

What about everyone else (who hasn't already said)? What is your goal?

Reminder: New Year's is a time to celebrate, but keep in mind that alcohol slows down your metabolism. If you partake, do so with that in mind, and for every alcoholic drink, drink 2 extra glasses of water.:drinker: Enjoy it, but do it with a plan in mind!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a few days late, but would like to join in, too. I've got a big trip planned the end of May and would truly love to get down 100 lbs by May 21. It may be a bit of a stretch, but I am willing to literally try to work my backside off!

It is ambitious, but by adding 3 more weeks past this challenge ( May 7, 14 & 21) then I have 21 weeks to lose 43 lbs.
    {my challenge goal then is 35 lbs by April 30}

Dec. 25- start weight: 244.2

Jan. 1:
    Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30:

My current exercise routine is 3 days a week water aerobics (easier on my bad knee). Then 3 other days, I do an hour of weight & strength training at the gym. For Christmas, I got a wii fit plus. I hope to use the yoga portion (not enough stretching to keep the muscles I'm building flexible) and for days when I cannot hit the gym, I'm learning to use it this week.

water intake is a challenge for me. So, i need to focus on getting enough. -katie
  • aabbccdd
    Options
    My personal goals this week are: 1.) Cardio 4 days, strength training 2 days and 2.) Drink 8 glasses of water each day. I can do this!!! Good luck everyone!!
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    So I did get my water in yesterday. I ended at 88 oz... And when I weighed myself it showed:laugh: :laugh:
    I didn't get to exercise yesterday or this AM :yawn: Played games with the many kiddos at my house and there were more sleeping on my couch so I couldn't do my dvd's. :ohwell: I will def do 60 min tonight :bigsmile:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say good morning to all! Hope your week is going great. I am very busy, as we have lots of company coming tomorrow for the weekend, and our New Year's Christmas. I'm off to cook multigrain waffles, chili, and I can't remember what else, sew gifts and alter a dress for a friend, and clean. (It's my belief that housework makes you ugly.)
    Hope your day is merry and bright!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Personal goals for the week: 1) continue with 30 day shred (approx. 20 mins/day); 2) keep water intake at 12-16 cups/day; 3) spread out my calories more evenly through the day (I tend to take in too many at night).

Oh, and -- watch what/how much I eat tonight at Sis-in-laws birthday dinner!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Boy will I need to find some motivation today. Since I am a morning person I generally like to get my workouts over with as early as possible but today I got an unexpectant work assignment so I wasn't able to do it as I had hoped/planned. My gym offers a variety of classes in the evening so my plan is to head to the gym immediately after work but I soooo hate working out in the evening. I will admit that the group challenge of completing at least 30 minutes of exercise this week is helping me stay focused but I can't lie, I'm not looking forward to this evening workout. I'm sure I'll be soooo happy when its done but cursing all the way to the gym....lol

Have a great day all.
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    My boss is sending me home but I am hoping to feel well enought tonight to get some time in on the elliptical
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    My boss is sending me home but I am hoping to feel well enought tonight to get some time in on the elliptical

I hope so too. Glad you got sent home, since I know that's what you thought you needed! Get some rest and drink some hot tea.
  • lisawest
    Options
    smadag1- I hope you feel better soon! It's no fun being sick.:frown:

chocolickkyss- I know it's a pain to have your usual schedule disrupted. Glad to hear you're making the choice to go workout even though you really don't want to. This, too, shall pass, and you will be stronger (literally!:bigsmile: ) for it.

fin_in_2010- I hear you on the night time eating. Uggg. I do great throughout the day, but then about 7:30 or 8 I am starving.:ohwell: So far I haven't gone over my calories because of my snacking, but that's mostly because we keep lots of stuff in the house for just such occassions. (carrots have become one of my favorites lately)

msh0530- waffles, mmmmm. I can't wait to get there! We may end up getting there in time for lunch tomorrow, if we get everything done today that is planned.:bigsmile: (I love ham salad sandwiches:love: )

So far I'm doing great on the exercise challenge. The water is harder for me while I'm not at school. There I just keep a bottle on my piano and refill between classes. At home, I find myself forgetting to reill my cup. Not to mention all the "drinks" my kids take!:tongue: Which, of course, makes it harder to be sure of how much I actually drank. But today will be a better day on the water.

Keep up the good work everyone! We can do this!!!!
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    Good morning! I am doing fine on the exercise challenge. I am broke from Christmas, so instead of driving all the kiddos around, we are walking to and from the park everyday. It is about 2 miles total. Plus, I am trying to get to some time on the elliptical everyday. I suck however at getting my water in and last night could not stop munching. I am only getting in about 32 ounces of water a day need to triple that. My goals for the rest of the week are to keep up the 30min/5x challenge and try to get my water up to a minimum of 64 ounces.

Sounds like everyone is doing great and is very motivated. Hard not to left family and life get in the way, but I am sure we can do it.
    Good luck this week!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    did an hour water aerobics yesterday morning and an hour on wii fit plus last night. today i'm not sure i'll get to the gym, but will get time with wii fit.

did ok on water yesterday (if i can count some of the coffee :ohwell: ) getting in all the water seems to continue to be where i must push myself.

have a good day all. -katie :flowerforyou: