May Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    did an hour water aerobics yesterday morning and an hour on wii fit plus last night. today i'm not sure i'll get to the gym, but will get time with wii fit.

did ok on water yesterday (if i can count some of the coffee :ohwell: ) getting in all the water seems to continue to be where i must push myself.

have a good day all. -katie :flowerforyou:

it's my understanding Decaf coffee counts as water, at least according to WW
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have a large water bottle--32 oz that has a straw--I love it. I keep it in the kitchen and try to refill it as soon as it is empty. My kids also like to drink out of it. Sometimes my husband too. I bought my daughter a smaller one but she seems to prefer to drink from mine, even when i tell her to go find her one. Go figure. Having a glass or designated bottle really helps me get in my water allotment.
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello Guys,
    Just checking in, Right now I am trying to quit drinking pop and drink more water. Ice tea is my best friend at the moment. I started couch to 5k a week ago and its proving difficult because I have a hard time running in the cold. There is still snow and ice on the ground which makes it even more difficult. In the mean time I play wii fit to get in some more exercise.

ktbell
  • patinpa
    patinpa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did the elliptical for 17 minutes today. Yesterday I had to force myself to do 13 minutes. Then I walked the track for 15 minutes, swim laps for 20 minutes and stayed was 45 minutes of water aerobics. It is way to cold to go outside today, but the sun is shinning and calling me to come out for a walk. I think I'll decline today. My calories were good for the day, also. This might just work for me. Thanks everyone.
    Pat
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I did the elliptical for 17 minutes today. Yesterday I had to force myself to do 13 minutes. Then I walked the track for 15 minutes, swim laps for 20 minutes and stayed was 45 minutes of water aerobics. It is way to cold to go outside today, but the sun is shinning and calling me to come out for a walk. I think I'll decline today. My calories were good for the day, also. This might just work for me. Thanks everyone.
    Pat

Keep up the good work!:drinker: There are always days I have to force myself to do what I should, but it is working! I know it will work for you, too!

Keep at it everyone!
  • annerssju
    Options
    I am in!! My family is doing "The Biggest Loser" on January 1st with a cash prize of over $300!!! ( I have a big family!) This will help me win the cash... then I can use it to buy some new clothes. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Pat

Keep up the good work!:drinker: There are always days I have to force myself to do what I should, but it is working! I know it will work for you, too!

Keep at it everyone!

You are Lil Ms. Motivator and I soooooo appreciate it. Thank you for the kind words and I hope you're coming along with your exercise challenge too.

Because I wasn't sure if I would actually make it to the gym this evening I took a 45 minute work break and completed Jillian Michael's "Trouble Zone" dvd. Days like these I'm so glad I have the flexibility to work from home. The work assignment did not take as long as I had originally anticipated but long enough to through my regular routine off BUT today's exercise has been completed AND I'M SUPER DUPER EXCITED ABOUT IT!.

Hope everyone else's day is moving along effortlessly.
  • alymarphi
    alymarphi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 158
    Dec. 25: 164
    Jan. 1:
    Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 132

i gained but its ok
  • lisawest
    Options
    You are Lil Ms. Motivator and I soooooo appreciate it. Thank you for the kind words and I hope you're coming along with your exercise challenge too.

Hehehe, ask any of my family members (there are plenty running around on here!), I was cheering from practically the time I could talk!:bigsmile: As for my challenge, having the new Wii has kept me experimenting and working out. Funny, it doesn't ever seem like a workout while I'm doing it. However, 30 minutes or so later, boy do I feel it!:blushing: Right now my shoulders and thighs are killing me! I know lost of people have said that the Wii Fit doesn't seem like much of a workout, but it is better than what I've BEEN getting, so I'll take it!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Believe me, Lisa is a born cheerleader. When she was young, we told her that it was against the law in Kansas to cheer while riding in a vehicle. It was the only way to keep our sanity. From her adoring Aunt Mary
  • lisawest
    Options
    Believe me, Lisa is a born cheerleader. When she was young, we told her that it was against the law in Kansas to cheer while riding in a vehicle. It was the only way to keep our sanity. From her adoring Aunt Mary

:heart: :tongue:
    See you tomorrow!
  • rebecca413
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'd love to join this group. I hope it'll keep me motivated! I graduate from business school this May and would love to have lost a good amount of weight by then. The next few days I'll be traveling and I've been weighing in on Mondays, so I'll just put up what I've got so far (including today's weigh in for Jan. 1). Should be more on track next week. Good luck everyone!

Start weight: 208.3
    Dec. 25: 206
    Jan. 1: 202.7
    Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5: Mini goal - 188
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 174
  • lisawest
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'd love to join this group. I hope it'll keep me motivated! I graduate from business school this May and would love to have lost a good amount of weight by then. The next few days I'll be traveling and I've been weighing in on Mondays, so I'll just put up what I've got so far (including today's weigh in for Jan. 1). Should be more on track next week. Good luck everyone!

Welcome! We are doing weekly challenges for whoever wants to join in. This week's challenge is getting in 30minutes of exercise for 5 days. A secondary challenge is to up our water intake to the recommended level. Next week, we'll see what we want to do!

With a little work, and support from your friends here, you CAN do this!
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    So last night I did do 60 min's of a Jillian workout!!!! I have decided that IS TOOOO LONG!!!!
    I was so cranky afterwards, it was horrible. I can do 30 min's even 45 min's no problem, but 60 min's is just too much.... but I did it crying and all:sad:

This morning I was down!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO maybe I finally dropped from this plataeu. it seams that I loss and then I bounce between 220-223, I haven't been able to drop below 220, today I was at 219!!!!!!!!!! I won't officially weigh in until Friday and I will post then, but it looks good. We gave our children a cruise for christmas and I would love to be down 10 lbs by Feb 5th when we go.. I would settle for 5 though:happy:

Now to just stay motivated and not over indulge from now until then...

I did get my 80 oz of water in yesterday and so far I am up to 1 hour 40 min's of my 3 hours 30 min's by Friday!!! half way not too bad.....

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    So last night I did do 60 min's of a Jillian workout!!!! I have decided that IS TOOOO LONG!!!!
    I was so cranky afterwards, it was horrible. I can do 30 min's even 45 min's no problem, but 60 min's is just too much.... but I did it crying and all:sad:

This morning I was down!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO maybe I finally dropped from this plataeu. it seams that I loss and then I bounce between 220-223, I haven't been able to drop below 220, today I was at 219!!!!!!!!!! I won't officially weigh in until Friday and I will post then, but it looks good. We gave our children a cruise for christmas and I would love to be down 10 lbs by Feb 5th when we go.. I would settle for 5 though:happy:

Now to just stay motivated and not over indulge from now until then...

I did get my 80 oz of water in yesterday and so far I am up to 1 hour 40 min's of my 3 hours 30 min's by Friday!!! half way not too bad.....

Hope everyone has a great day!

Great Job Ourgang...use the cruise as a motivator. I began my weight loss journey in late October 2006 because I was going on a cruise for my birthday which is in January and I wanted to be able to fit comfortably in my clothes, especially since I would be unable to purchase any new clothes for the trip b/c we were in the middle of winter. It was either fit into my clothes or don't go. I was able to hire a personal trainer which was EXTREMELY helpful but the bottom line was if I didn't stay motivated and continually work out like the trainer instructed I would not see any progress. Well when I began that journey on October 23, 2006 I was 152 lbs (my heaviest weight) and by the time I left for the cruise on January 6, 2007 I was 132 lbs. I was able to lose 20 lbs in about 9-10 weeks. I know you can do it, just stay focused.

My workout is complete for today. Since I was unable to make it to the gym I decided to complete another dvd. This one is called "Melt it Off" and it's a combination of cardio and strength training and if you complete all 4 cardio sessions it totals about 60 minutes. I decided to give it all I had and according to MFP I burned approximately 429 calories. I have a hrm but can't seem to get it to output calories burned....I guess I have to take another look. Whatever the actual calories I'm satisfied that I gave it my all, so, I'm happy.

I decided I would enter 2010 not only with a new body, mind and spirit but w/a clean house so after I ate breakfast I hit the ground running. Cleaned both bathrooms, washed and folded laundry, swept and mopped the kitchen and dusted the entire house. Once I'm done posting here on MFP I will complete my last task of vacuuming. I won't count the calories burned doing these activities. This is just the cherry on top. I can't wait to bring in the new year with all aspects of my life heading in the right direction.

Have a great day all!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post to tell you all Happy New Year! I may not be on much before Monday with all of the company coming in today. My daughter just called from Texas to tell me she is on the road. Lisa phoned earlier to tell me that she will be here for lunch. Better go fix it, huh??

Anyway, Happy New Year! I hope the New Year brings you all of the things that you wish for. Remember, one moment at a time, one healthy step at a time, and if you stumble, don't even fall all of the way down - just catch yourself and keep going on the journey!
    Here's to smart choices! And may God bless you all real good!
  • laniv
    laniv Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It sounds like everyone is doing well - exercising, losing weight. I went on my stationary bike for 5 minutes to warm up. Then I used my nordic track ski machine for 20 minutes. I finished it off with 10 minutes of strength training. So far, I am keeping to my exercise plan, but I didn't plan my food for two days. I waiting to weigh in on Friday. New Year's plans are fairly modest, so there's no danger of overeating.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year.

Highest weight: 168
    Dec 25: 150
    Jan. 1:
    Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 132
  • patinpa
    patinpa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I feel like I falling off the wagon. I had a hard time getting out of bed to get to the gym today. I managed to get there in time for a 20 min walk on the track and then went for 30 min water jogging followed by 45 minutes of aquasize. I know it's not enough for me, but it will have to do for today. My food was okay, but some one offered me a peppermint patty and I accepted. Tomorrow is another day. Thanks everyone.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great group to join to get motivated for the new year. I will be glad to get back into schedules with my kids. Hard to find time to workout when they are home from school.
    Starting Weight: 137
    Jan. 1:
    Jan. 8:
    Jan. 15:
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 129

have a great new years!!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I am also looking forward to starting this year on the right foot. I feel I am doing so much better in many areas of my life now. It is wonderful to have a vision of what you want to do.

Right now I am going crazy not being able to do any cardio--I can't wait until this next week is over and I can start up again. I am excited to jump start my weight loss again that way. If I can maintain, or even just loose a little with only upper body strength training I am well on my way to success!!

Have a wonderful New Year everyone!