Baby naming fun :)

Options
Me and my husband are going head to head over choosing the perfect name for our daughter. (In a friendly way of course) We just cannot agree! I am 6 1/2 months pregnant and I am sooooo ready to find my sweet girl a name. I am from Georgia, he's from Louisiana and we live in Louisiana now. Want something kinda tough and country, but not hickish. Our last name is Dusang (pronounced DO-SANG) We have a two year old son named Trace Victor Dusang (and we both absolutely adore his name). But that's where I'm having the hardest time...gotta find something that I think is as awesome as Trace and that sounds good with it. Want something unusual, but not weird. I'm not really into common or trendy names.
The ones we like so far are:
Alyssa (possibly Joanne for a middle name bc it's a family name. My name is Dixie Joanne)
Tessa (my husbands favorite)
Capri (We both like it)
Lexie (probably Joanne again as a middle)
Gracelyn (we both like)

I need ideas! Help! We just can't decide. I'm waiting on that perfect name to just spring out at us and I haven't found it yet. I've tried name books and websites. Most are either weird or too popular. Throw me some names folks!

Replies

• thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My first grand child is due in Nov and they are naming her Paislee
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    this doesn't seem as fun as the title made it out to be
  • Peezy4President
    Peezy4President Posts: 292 Member
    Options

lmao
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I am confused. Why is he even allowing you input?
  • areufnkiddingme
    areufnkiddingme Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Alouisa May
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Paisley is a cute name. I love love love cadence.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I really like Gracelyn. I would have named my daughter something like that, but Grace does not go well with my last name.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I am confused. Why is he even allowing you input?

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Names that I liked when choosing for our daughter:

Sophia
    Emily Rose
    Annamarie
    Isabella
    Kaitlyn

Hubby liked more nordic names like:

Katarina
    Anika

Ultimately we ended up with Colleen Jaclyn
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Susanna Christine Dusang sounds nice. What do you think?
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Gracelyn is the best one on that list. Very Southern Belle
    I love the middle name Joanne (my mom's middle name)
    ETA: A huge NO to Capri. Capri's are pants. Just my opinion lol
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'd go with Alyssa! Always loved that name :)
  • Corryn78
    Options
    I really like longer more "grown up names" that have an informal or familiar shorter version. Gracelyn is nice for that, family and friends calling her Grace. Very nice :)
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Rowan :D
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Darcie might be cute, or Olivia (Liv). I really like Nica, but that might not be country enough.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    You know, I used to love coming to this site everyday. It helped me reach my fitness goals and I found that most people were very supportive and I enjoyed sharing my goals, progress, thoughts, etc. But it's people like the three gentlemen at the beginning of this thread who I've noticed coming out of the woodwork a lot lately and frankly, it's made me stop logging in as much. I get tired of people being so ugly and disrespectful all the time. I don't know how my title could have possibly been misleading but if it was then I apologize. Seemed pretty straight forward to me. Seems like if it wasn't what you thought it was, you could just see yourself out of the conversation without leaving the snide comments, but I guess we're not grown up enough for that. . So nevermind people, forget I posted anything at all. Ladies that did reply, thank you....I'm sure you all understand why I would find baby naming fun. I've only dreamt of being a mommy my whole life, as I am sure many of you have. Have a nice day..
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You know, I used to love coming to this site everyday. It helped me reach my fitness goals and I found that most people were very supportive and I enjoyed sharing my goals, progress, thoughts, etc. But it's people like the gentlemen above who I've noticed coming out of the woodwork a lot lately and frankly, it's made me stop logging in as much. I get tired of people being so ugly and disrespectful all the time. I don't know how my title could have possibly been misleading but if it was then I apologize. Seemed pretty straight forward to me. Seems like if it wasn't what you thought it was, you could just see yourself out of the conversation without leaving the snide comments, but I guess we're not grown up enough for that. . So nevermind people, forget I posted anything at all. Ladies that did reply, thank you....I'm sure you all understand why I would find baby naming fun. I've only dreamt of being a mommy my whole life, as I am sure many of you have. Have a nice day..

don't let a couple posts get you down! there's a couple guys who offered advice! just ignore the others... it's chit chat...
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Did you read it as "baby making fun"?
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I like Paisley too!!! A couple other not-so-normal names are Cordelia (or Cordie for short), Remi, Teegan, or one of my all time fav's... Mackenzie. And you could call her Mack for short. =) I always said if I ever had a little girl, I would name her Mackenzie Ann - so I could call her Mack Ann. Mackenzie JO is pretty cute too!
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like Tessa because it sorta matches with your little boy's name, Trace.
    Tessa Gracelyn Dusang :heart: