Baby naming fun :)

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Dixie! perfect, name her after you :) Then you can call her Baby DeeDee
    Oh god no.... being someone with a "Dee" nick name I HATE DeeDee. lol. But then again, her child might not mind it. Dixie is an adorable southern name though!

In my experience, it is not going to matter how amazing the parents think the name is... the kid is going to hate either way. LOL!
  • MakesMeMove
    Options
    I don't know if this is the case in Louisiana as I'm in Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada) but here Alyssa is a very common and trendy name. I'm not a fan of common/trendy names myself; we named our daughter Phoenix (like the mythical bird not the city) and she's the only one with that name in the entire school whereas there are at least 4 Alyssa's in her grade alone. I vote Tessa! I like how it sounds with Trace - Trace and Tessa, Tessa and Trace and it goes well with Joanne as well. :D
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    One of my niece's names is Lorelei Elizabeth- I love it- kinda country....

Lorelei May is kinda cute too...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    We were planning on naming our daughter Victoria Anne or Victoria Mae, but turns out we're having a boy! :)

Have you picked at a boy name yet?

Not really. We're thinking about Bradley Ryan though.

:heart:

You going to call him Brad or Ryan? Both are pretty awesome, in my opinion.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of any of those names to be truthful, especially Tessa. Lexi is cute though.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Shooting for the obvious here...

Why not Tracy?

Trace and Tracy?

That's a horrible idea... Like naming 2 kids Chris and Christina... names shouldn't be THAT similar...

Whatever... she said she wanted a name that went with her son's name. Check the OP.
    But that's where I'm having the hardest time...gotta find something that I think is as awesome as Trace and that sounds good with it.

I have a friend whose name is Tracey (male).

He named his daughter Tracey, his son Casey, his next daughter Stacey, and his next daughter Lacey. And they love it!!

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I like Gracelyn - you could spell it a bit different Greycelyn or something like that and call her Grey for short. A little tough and country but still pretty
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Gracelyn is pretty and quite Southern. ;)

If my SO and I ever had kids (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! We'd both have to be drunk, drugged, and our bodies taken over by aliens since we DO NOT want kids ever!), we wanted to name a kid Rylee Olivia. Chances are, that's going to be the names of the two dogs we're planning on gettin.' O.o
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Why not Tracy?

Trace and Tracy?

That's a horrible idea... Like naming 2 kids Chris and Christina... names shouldn't be THAT similar...

i no a family thats exactly like that but they took it to the extreme
    dad Christopher
    mum Christine
    son Christian
    daughter 1 Christa
    daughter 2 Christia
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

Why not Tracy?

Trace and Tracy?

Whatever... she said she wanted a name that went with her son's name. Check the OP.
    But that's where I'm having the hardest time...gotta find something that I think is as awesome as Trace and that sounds good with it.

I have a friend whose name is Tracey (male).

He named his daughter Tracey, his son Casey, his next daughter Stacey, and his next daughter Lacey. And they love it!!

Seriously. Dorkiest family ever.

Dorkiest family ever goes to my uncle whose initials are JAG and he decided it would be fun to name all of his kids with the exact same initials... all 6 of them! Now we have a Jennifer, Jessica, Jacob, Jeanette, Jane and Joshua... all with A's for their middle names. Honestly, I can't even remember which of the two youngest girls are named which, it's so confusing.

to the OP: considering everything you've said, my suggestion would be something for a first name that goes well with "Jo" so you can use Joann as the middle name and make an easy nickname ... like Barbara Joann could be Barbie Jo. Or Mary Jo. Sometimes the simplest answer is the best.

Personally, I'm not big on what I refer to as "creative" baby names... I like names that seem like a name first and a foreign object/location second.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    We were planning on naming our daughter Victoria Anne or Victoria Mae, but turns out we're having a boy! :)

Have you picked at a boy name yet?

Not really. We're thinking about Bradley Ryan though.

:heart:

You going to call him Brad or Ryan? Both are pretty awesome, in my opinion.

Not sure yet. We have a few other candidate names too.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Katrina?
  • VelociMama
    Options
    I was named after my grandmothers, who were both old southern ladies. I really like my name though.
  • VelociMama
    Options
    OP: This should be a choice that you and your husband make. While our opinions on here can be fun to see, ultimately it's up to you. As my friend says, the child makes the name. So no matter what you choose, the child will eventually become associated with the name in your mind, and you'll end up loving it since you love your baby.
  • jimandpam87
    jimandpam87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I really like Gracelyn, but IMO it just sounds weird with Trace (Grace and Trace?). Tessa sounds the best with Trace, but I don't really like that name. I'm not a huge fan of Alyssa, mainly because it seems to be kind of trendy in my age group (mid-twenties). There were a ridiculous amount of Alyssa's in my high school. Out of all your choices, I think I like Lexie the best. Maybe as a nickname for Alexandria/Alexandra?
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I admit, I only read up to page 3, so If someone said it alreayd. oh well.

Since you ar ein louisdiana, I vote for Sookie!

Sookie Dosang is mine!

Yeah that has a good ring to it.
  • GCanha
    GCanha Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    We named our baby girl Sarah Elizabeth. One day when she was almost 2 she said "My name is Sarah Beth". and from then we realized how much we love the name Sarah Beth!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I admit, I only read up to page 3, so If someone said it alreayd. oh well.

Since you ar ein louisdiana, I vote for Sookie!

Sookie Dosang is mine!

Yeah that has a good ring to it.

:heart: :smooched: :drinker:
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Kaylynn
    Kaitlyn
    Adrianna
    Kennedy
    Bailey
    Darcie
    Kinsey
    Mairin
    Riley
    Raylynn
    Kayden
    Aubrey
    Gracin
    Orilee
    Okay, that's what I got from some of my character names I've used in my books. Best of luck- you'll find it :smile:
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I like the names you've already picked out - Tessa is my first choice and Gracelyn is presh!!