Baby naming fun :)

Options

Replies

• krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love Tessa and Gracelyn out of your choices.

Some more options??
    Ella
    Hadley
    Jolene
    Lauren
    Lila
    Presley
    Sadie
    Tallulah

Congratulations, either way!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Shooting for the obvious here...

Why not Tracy?

Trace and Tracy?

That's a horrible idea... Like naming 2 kids Chris and Christina... names shouldn't be THAT similar...

Whatever... she said she wanted a name that went with her son's name. Check the OP.
    But that's where I'm having the hardest time...gotta find something that I think is as awesome as Trace and that sounds good with it.

I have a friend whose name is Tracey (male).

He named his daughter Tracey, his son Casey, his next daughter Stacey, and his next daughter Lacey. And they love it!!
    No.. just.. no. LOLOL.

It is no joke! Trust me! LOL!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    So, when the baby grows up and asks you how to picked the name, what you gonna say? Oh I asked my shallow friends at MFP? Nice...

People can always get the opinions of others. It's possible that someone out there has the perfect name that just clicks when they see it. She would still pick it.

MY name was voted on by the Senior Class at my oldest sister's highschool. My paren'ts got it down to a few names they liked then couldn't decide. And I, personally, think that's pretty cool.
  • michelle2482
    michelle2482 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I vote Tessa :) Super cute.
  • alie001
    alie001 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love the name Lily...it is sweet for a baby girl, easy for her to learn to spell in school, in high school she will sound like a lady ( or southern belle) and as a woman she will sound refined and classy. Just my humble opinion. Naming children is so hard...but all the very best for you and your family and congrasts on the newest gem.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    So, when the baby grows up and asks you how to picked the name, what you gonna say? Oh I asked my shallow friends at MFP? Nice...

My mother got my middle name from a report about the rape victim. I win!!! Yay me!!
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

How is that any different than asking a co-worker, a classmate, or a relative?

Get over yourself. You were shallow enough to criticize!

This! and Why is it shallow to be fit? If we belonged to My Narcissistic Pal then I could see the "Shallow" comment
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

My mother got my middle name from a report about the rape victim. I win!!! Yay me!!

::hugs::
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    We were planning on naming our daughter Victoria Anne or Victoria Mae, but turns out we're having a boy! :)
  • snowyd20
    Options
    Seven
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i didn't realize my post was going to ignite your fury like that.
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Im just shocked you put your full name all over this site. I now know your full name and where you live, can do a lot with that!
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Georgia is a really sweet idea. :) Tessa is my favorite on your list, but I generally like to avoid siblings with the same first letter (then you feel like you have to carry on with the next one, but is that dorky, but will they feel left out.. You get the idea.) Paisley is cute too!
    And don't worry about the guys that posted. This place is generally pretty silly. That's all. I can't imagine anyone was actually trying to offend a pregnant woman that's trying to find the right name for a sweet little baby. Happy baby naming! :smile:

Edited to add I'd dodge anything ending in "lyn" because it's pretty popular (if you're trying to avoid that.)

Georgia Joanne is really pretty!! I like that idea! :) and it'll go great with your last name!! :)

I do love the name Tessa Joanne too! :) as far as similarites with starting letter (Tessa and Trace) it just all depends if you like that.. a friend of mine has 4 kids, all first names start with A, end with N and are 2 syllables... It was a cute idea, not what I would do, but again, it's all what you and your hubby like!!

I love picking out baby names!! I'm no where ready to have another baby yet, but I have a few names picked out for possible future kiddos! :)
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I think since you already have a daughter named Tracy I wouldn't name your next one Teresa because it would be too cutesy, T & T.

Capri reminds me of naming your kid Paris or London, okay if you're a beverly hills housewife only.

I like Lexie, but she should be formally named Alexis, then her nickname can be Lexie. Joann is too boring to go with Alexis.

I think Grarelyn is perfect for your southern roots.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Out of the ones you mentionned I like Gracelyn and Tesse the best.

I also like Riley and McKenzie.

Choosing a name for our daughter was hard, We agreed on a boy name easily (her gender was a surprise) But Kayla Mae :smile: came after a long 9 months of discussion.

Im sure what ever name you give her it will be great! Congrats:flowerforyou:
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Dixie! perfect, name her after you :) Then you can call her Baby DeeDee
    Oh god no.... being someone with a "Dee" nick name I HATE DeeDee. lol. But then again, her child might not mind it. Dixie is an adorable southern name though!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    We were planning on naming our daughter Victoria Anne or Victoria Mae, but turns out we're having a boy! :)

Have you picked at a boy name yet?
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I have always liked the name Sunny. Such a cute little girl name.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Alyssa... My daughters name!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Have you picked at a boy name yet?

Not really. We're thinking about Bradley Ryan though.