Options

Replies

• Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Shooting for the obvious here...

Why not Tracy?

Trace and Tracy?

That's a horrible idea... Like naming 2 kids Chris and Christina... names shouldn't be THAT similar...

Whatever... she said she wanted a name that went with her son's name. Check the OP.
    But that's where I'm having the hardest time...gotta find something that I think is as awesome as Trace and that sounds good with it.

I have a friend whose name is Tracey (male).

He named his daughter Tracey, his son Casey, his next daughter Stacey, and his next daughter Lacey. And they love it!!
    No.. just.. no. LOLOL.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I kind of like Tessa out of those names.

My husband and I had a hard time with our 2nd daughter. I wanted Madison, he wanted Marylin. We compromised to Madilynn. And the lynn spelled that way is because Lynn is my middle name.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like Tessa because it sorta matches with your little boy's name, Trace.
    Tessa Gracelyn Dusang :heart:

I LOVE Tessa Gracelyn.

Tessa Joanne is OK, but I prefer Joanna to Joanne. With that said, Tessa Joanna is just BAD.

Gracelyn Joanna
    Palin Joanna (unless you hate Sarah Palin)
    Paisley Joanna
    Paisley Grace

Good luck! I love thinking up baby names!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I adore the name Alyssa! I am 6 months pregnant and we're having a boy. But that name was in my top 5 list if it was going to be a girl. I also like the name Cheyenne.
  • Mikesrobin
    Mikesrobin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Considering the last name you should go with something like Melody or Harmony..

Then again I'm the guy who begged his sister to name her child "Vice" if it was a boy. I mean with the last name Aversa it would have been awesome!

You, sir, are awesome.

Thier was a boy that went to school with my son his name was Justin Case.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I really like Gracelyn :) My sister's middle name is Grace and I just love it! :heart: Congrats on your little baby girl too! :heart:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    So, when the baby grows up and asks you how to picked the name, what you gonna say? Oh I asked my shallow friends at MFP? Nice...

So what? My Son's middle name (Xavier) is after Professor Xavier in X-Men and my daughter's first name (Colleen) is after a street name by our house. Who cares where you get the name??
  • kvanderbeek1
    kvanderbeek1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a friend with a little girl named Taryn, (like Karen, but with a T). That would be really cute with your son's name. I also love the name Julia and feel it has a southern sound to it. A couple others Geneva, Lillian and Ruth.

My daughter is Teryn Johanna. We get lots of compliments.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    My cousin named his daughter Weslyn Fay, which I always thought was country and cute :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    You know, I used to love coming to this site everyday. It helped me reach my fitness goals and I found that most people were very supportive and I enjoyed sharing my goals, progress, thoughts, etc. But it's people like the three gentlemen at the beginning of this thread who I've noticed coming out of the woodwork a lot lately and frankly, it's made me stop logging in as much. I get tired of people being so ugly and disrespectful all the time. I don't know how my title could have possibly been misleading but if it was then I apologize. Seemed pretty straight forward to me. Seems like if it wasn't what you thought it was, you could just see yourself out of the conversation without leaving the snide comments, but I guess we're not grown up enough for that. . So nevermind people, forget I posted anything at all. Ladies that did reply, thank you....I'm sure you all understand why I would find baby naming fun. I've only dreamt of being a mommy my whole life, as I am sure many of you have. Have a nice day..

Ignore them...it's easy to believe you have a snarky sense of humor when you're anonymous on the other end of a monitor somewhere.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Shooting for the obvious here...

Why not Tracy?

Trace and Tracy?

That's a horrible idea... Like naming 2 kids Chris and Christina... names shouldn't be THAT similar...

Whatever... she said she wanted a name that went with her son's name. Check the OP.

I'm just saying... she wants it to go with Trace...not be the female counterpart of Trace. I know a guy named Robert Roberts and I wonder what his parents were thinking...kinda the same thing. I wasn't trying to attack. I would have said that to anyone. It's been a tiring day lol :)

My uncle's name is John Johnston... and he's not bothered by it.

Don't really see your point.

Well then we disagree and that's it.

A nickname for Tracy is Trace. If someone says "Hey, Trace!" and they're both there, it could be confusing. Better to eliminate that scenario. But what do I know, right.

The OP is considering the name Gracelynn which would be shortened to Grace so obviously she is not bothered by phonetic similarities. Whatever... I offered an opinion and you offered an opinion about my opinion. The only difference is the OP asked for my opinion where I didn't ask you for yours.

Geez, lady. Sensitive much? :noway:
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    We were going to name our son Daniella Morgan if it was a girl! :)
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Eden
    Bernadette
    Anna
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Uhhh... I don't know if it is a good idea to advertise your full name, your child's full name, and your approximate location on an internet message board. Just my $.02... definitely not something I would do.
  • moultonh1
    Options
    I love Gracelyn, Harper, Everly and Layken.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with the name Natasha lately. Though I would like to change the spelling. Perhaps Natacia or Natasja. It's not a southern name but I think it's a strong name.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Dixie! perfect, name her after you :) Then you can call her Baby DeeDee
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Sarah. I have always loved that name and was glad when I had my 3rd child and she was a baby girl. Its spunky and sassy but still fairly traditional. I'm not into people changing the spellings of everything to be "unique".
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I love Gracelyn, Harper, Everly and Layken.

I like Harper!
  • FloridasFinest
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Tessa and Gracelyn!!! Those are very cute & country! Tessa also fits well with Trace. Congrats on your upcoming addition to the family! Very exciting!