What's made you feel proud of yourself today?

Options
I had surgery on my foot last week, and have been mainly sat on my backside since with my leg up in the air; I've hobbled about indoors on crutches, but if I've left the house Hubby has borrowed a wheelchair for me.

I've really tried hard to stick to my diet but knew there wasn't going to be any loss this week, and in all honesty I was expecting a slight gain as I've struggled to stay within my calories.

I LOST 1½ POUNDS!!!!!!

I'm proud of myself today - what's made you feel good?

Replies

• ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I did 15 push ups. 5 days ago I couldn't do 1 :)
  • chachachapoi
    Options
    I went for a nice long run in the rain this afternoon! I remember thinking that it was a terrible idea on the first mile, but on my second I felt fantastic and the rain was so cooling! Just shows you gotta get out there and do it!
  • Han987
    Options
    Finished an 8 hour shift at work and pulled enough energy to go for a quick 20min run. This doesn't happen very often
  • jenneal89
    Options
    Grea job!

I'm nearly at my goal of burning 3500 calories this week! :)
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Well done, you should all be proud!!!!!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I took 5 weeks off from weight lifting because I was visiting other countries. I came back and had to rebuild some strength gains. It took nearly 3 weeks (session from 2 days ago) to finally beat my previous personal record on just two of my exercises. Today I made several more new personal records. I'm back on track! I also put in an hour of cardio today as well. I've traditionally made those separate days but today I was on a roll!

I realized a few days ago that I used to gasp for breath and feel like I'm dying when I get my heart rate up in the 70's. Now I can text and while riding a stationary bike with my heart rate in the 80's and I can sustain 90's for a good while too without losing breath.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I did Billy Blanks Tae Bo for the first time and managed to do the majority of it :smile:

Well done to everyone ! :flowerforyou:
  • scandiebirdie
    scandiebirdie Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sadly, nothing so far. In a miserable mood, have cold, etc. etc.
    Will kick some butt later and collect some proud points though.
  • cravingskinnybody
    cravingskinnybody Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I completed Insanity today and didn't skip any workout :)
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    I was involved in a car accident yesterday morning (no one was hurt thank goodness). Usually I would immediately hinge because of such a stressor, but I didn't!! Just made me realize I can do this!!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    *Almost* another pound down since my last weigh-in, and I actually ate red meat AND chocolate yesterday!
  • futurehottie2011
    Options
    god im so jealous of u right now. That sounds amazing. Ive been wanting to walk in the rain but the little of rain that weve had was all from thunderstorms. So that wouldnt have been a good idea lol.
  • bii14
    bii14 Posts: 192
    Options
    I did 15 push ups. 5 days ago I couldn't do 1 :)

that sounds great! i wish i could get there do.. i cant do pushups :(
  • futurehottie2011
    Options
    Yesterday I walked 5 miles with a friend. I couldnt beleive it. I was fine and paced my breathing just right. Whoo hoo!! I'm kickin ASSphault, and takin names later baby!!!!
  • shadykatiekate
    shadykatiekate Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This was yesterday, BUT.... I saw a pack of donuts on the kitchen counter and mindlessly started opening them. I thought one wouldn't hurt. I flipped the box over and saw that eating one would put me over my calorie goal. Of course I was giving myself excuses to eat it and went back to opening the box. One wouldn't hurt, right? Wrong. As I was reaching for the donut I came to my senses, closed the box, and ate within my calorie goal for the day.
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Sounds silly but I was able to button my pants!! LOL since having my baby 8 weeks ago my work pants (the kind that do not stretch) I have not been able to button the top two buttons on any of my pants. Well finally not only did they button last night for work but they are loose in the front. Best feeling in the world!
  • atfarmer
    atfarmer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I joined this site :happy:
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I did not road rage on the way to work...well, not too much anyway.
  • BalletBadass
    Options
    I joined this site :happy:

Welcome! This site has been a HUGE help to me in my journey! I hope you have success!
  • Yary2931
    Yary2931 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and lost 2 lbs. this week! So excited :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!