What's made you feel proud of yourself today?

Options

Replies

• patelkinnari
    patelkinnari Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I got NSV today at my work, Somebody actully walked up to me and told me " you Look Great"...great weight loss.....Oh...Made my Day....Thank you my Wonderful Family of MFP....:smile:
  • demningoreilly
    Options
    The day is only beginning for me but I am proud I didn't have a sweet with my usual coffee (just milk) at the coffee shop. Some days when I am tired, the temptation is overbearing to eat donuts, sweets, but for this morning I have resisted.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.8 this week and I'm very proud because I am so busy at work this month but I've been able to stick to my routine.
  • aimeero2012
    Options
    I did my 3.5km training running in 4 minutes less than I have ever done before. I am very pleased with myself.
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I went on a BLIND DATE last night! Holy cow that was scary, and turned out great! :) I'm very proud of myself for having the guts to go through with it!
  • mrook2009
    mrook2009 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Friday's are my "weigh-in days", and I've lost 5 lbs since last Friday! :) Made me feel awesome for the day! :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    My butt has loose skin.
  • jvw317
    Options
    I got through my week of boxing practices last night, which are 2- 2 1/2 hours a day Monday-Thursday! I also finally felt comfortable enough to put a picture of myself on here (now that I am so close to my goal weight)! :)
  • agerig152
    agerig152 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Today I hit the 10 pounds lost mark! I am feeling pretty proud of that!!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Sounds silly but I was able to button my pants!! LOL since having my baby 8 weeks ago my work pants (the kind that do not stretch) I have not been able to button the top two buttons on any of my pants. Well finally not only did they button last night for work but they are loose in the front. Best feeling in the world!

Not silly at all - a great milestone! I am wearing a button-down shirt that is actually loose and don't have to pin any gaps. I'm very happy! :drinker:
  • Khymera
    Options
    This morning, my trainer told me that I'm "a fat-burning MACHINE". :happy:
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Awwwww you guys are all awesome! Well done everyone :)

I had 2 moments today where I internally high fived myself
    - at a team meeting this morning everyone else had bacon and sausage sandwiches except for me
    - just had to walk through town for an emergency dentist appointment and I stopped outside the Cornish pasty shop, looked and then just walked on by - 2 weeks ago I would have convincd myself I had to have at least one.

So nothing huge but oh so lovely to feel yourself making conscious good decisions that aren't actually that much of a battle :)
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am proud of how much I'm learning regarding nutrition and healthy eating as well as proper calorie intake and all that goes with that. I've lost a lot of weight before, but I didn't put in the effort to learn to eat properly last time so the weight came back. This time it's going to stay gone for good!

I am also proud at the fact that I am wearing a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear in a few years and they're even looser on me now than when I bought them and that even though my scale went up the past 2 days from increasing my caloric intake, my measurements continue to go down.

I still have a ways to go before I look the way I would like to, but I have had multiple comments lately about how I'm looking and how motivated I am. Many have commented that I have a future in personal training, we'll see...
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    There have been doughnuts at work for two days in a row and I have passed on them both times!
  • agerig152
    agerig152 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This may seem trivial to some, but I was able to put on a pair of jeans this a.m. that I couldn't even get over my hips last month! Woo hoo! It was an AWESOME feeling! I can't see a difference when I look in the mirror but I'm seeing it in the way my clothes are fitting. I am proud today because I've decided and affirmed again to myself that I can and will beat PCOS, it won't get the better of me! I'm taking my life back! :) BTW, I'm so proud of everyone who has posted. Read all your replies and think its amazing the support everyone lends each other on MFP. :)

I had a similar experience! I am wearing a pair of khaki pants that I haven't worn in months because they were tight and very uncomfortable and today that fit me fine! Made me feel really good about myself and my weightloss!
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    This may seem trivial to some, but I was able to put on a pair of jeans this a.m. that I couldn't even get over my hips last month! Woo hoo! It was an AWESOME feeling! I can't see a difference when I look in the mirror but I'm seeing it in the way my clothes are fitting. I am proud today because I've decided and affirmed again to myself that I can and will beat PCOS, it won't get the better of me! I'm taking my life back! :) BTW, I'm so proud of everyone who has posted. Read all your replies and think its amazing the support everyone lends each other on MFP. :)

Not a small feat at all, that's great. I had bought a pair of dress slacks a couple of years ago, they were too small for me when I first put them on. I grabbed them a couple of weeks ago and tried them on, they fit and had room in the waist.

Nice job!
  • namluv
    Options
    oh and :drinker: for Friday!
  • namluv
    Options
    Sadly, nothing so far. In a miserable mood, have cold, etc. etc.
    Will kick some butt later and collect some proud points though.

I have been there a lot (two double ear infections this summer alone) and I finally figured out that even if I am not working out because I am sick I can still be proud of myself because I keep thinking "I am right back on this as soon as I am better!"
  • mrsoz22
    mrsoz22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel like going to the gym, my tummy was bothering me...but I went anyway and did 40 minutes on the elliptical!!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I put on a smile.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!