What's made you feel proud of yourself today?

Options

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    One of my co-workers went to get chocolate chip cookies or muffins for everyone.

I opted to make myself two pieces of knackebrod with peanutbutter instead :bigsmile:
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    Finished an 8 hour shift at work and pulled enough energy to go for a quick 20min run. This doesn't happen very often

I amazed myself the other day after working an overnight, overtime shift (I work 7-3 during the day normally) and didn't really sleep but after a short nap I walked for 60 minutes, I felt great after that!
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    All of you are awesome and so inspirational! I got up this morning and used tough love on my 20 yr old daughter. She asked if I would take her son to the sitter's today because she had too much stuff in her car. No keep in mind the sitter is on her way to work but it is actually 30 miles out of my way round trip. Plus I had to get her brothers to school before 7:30. and it was 6:40 when she asked me to do this. I said uh no! Just take some of the stuff out of your car. Duh! Sometimes we have to wonder about our kids. But I stood my ground two days in a row with her on this.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    the fact that i'm finally doing something for MYSELF! not for anyone else. and i feel awesome. i've never lost more than 1-3 lbs before and here i am, 10 lbs lighter than my heaviest weight last year. i'm making positive, conscious choices regarding health and nutrition. i have a wonderful support system on MFP and great family and friends. my clothes fit better, i FEEL and LOOK better...and i'm just getting started!

i want abs. badly. i'm working toward them. obviously, this is somewhat superficial, because in actuality, i'm getting stronger and more agile/able-bodied to do things i wasn't able to do, but i still want abs! so that's my goal...any pointers besides the obvious would be amazing. ;)
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 and a half pounds this week despite my daily chunky kit-kat fix!! Delighted with that result!! :bigsmile:
  • JenSpinnaChick
    JenSpinnaChick Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of the fact that I forgave myself for some not so great food and beverage choices yesterday....
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    My whole body is really sore from pushing myself at ballet class last night! I worked muscles I didn't know existed and it HURTS in the best way!
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    Putting on a pair of lace shorts to go out and realising I'd have to hold them up with safety pins!

My workout shorts are very loose, like to the point of falling towards my ankles, I need new shorts before I go back to the gym when the weather gets cooler :)
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Actually doing my 30 minutes working out before lunch today and not saying "I'm too tired" :)
  • kelleyp31
    Options
    I passed the weight I always seem to plateau at with other diets! ( like weight watchers)
    So now I REALLY know I can do this :)
  • diyab74
    diyab74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This may seem trivial to some, but I was able to put on a pair of jeans this a.m. that I couldn't even get over my hips last month! Woo hoo! It was an AWESOME feeling! I can't see a difference when I look in the mirror but I'm seeing it in the way my clothes are fitting. I am proud today because I've decided and affirmed again to myself that I can and will beat PCOS, it won't get the better of me! I'm taking my life back! :) BTW, I'm so proud of everyone who has posted. Read all your replies and think its amazing the support everyone lends each other on MFP. :)
  • Went to the pool for 45 minutes and cooked couscous stuffed peppers for lunch.
  • melodiclyrics
    melodiclyrics Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hit 199.4 today - so happy to be under 200.
  • meganbook
    Options
    I put on a pair of underwear with a spandex band that usually cuts off my fat roll, but when I looked in the mirror, there was no roll! It just fit perfectly! Made me feel great :-)
  • fallenintoblue
    Options
    Wooo for you! I just feel amazing after my morning workout lol!
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I woke up
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I dropped my 4 year old off at Pre-school this morning and one of the teachers was so impressed at how dedicated I was. She said she saw me walking at noon, coming back to the Y (my daughter is enrolled at the Y pre-school) in the evenings for weights, classes and cardio. She told me I was her inspiration and that if I could do it with my busy schedule there was no reason she couldn't do it too :) It was a good feeling and it motivates me knowing that I motivate others!!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Hit 199.4 today - so happy to be under 200.

Way to go, this is my next goal!!! I haven't been under 200 since I had my first daughter almost 18 years ago!!!
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Finished an 8 hour shift at work and pulled enough energy to go for a quick 20min run. This doesn't happen very often

I amazed myself the other day after working an overnight, overtime shift (I work 7-3 during the day normally) and didn't really sleep but after a short nap I walked for 60 minutes, I felt great after that!

You are amazing!!! ((hugs))
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I got up at 5 this morning and ran for the first time in a week. Been dealing with a cold all week and started feeling myself fall into my same unhealthy routine of eating crap and not exercising. Today I made myself get up and get going! I feel a TON better about myself and my food choices!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!