New C25K for the New Year

Options

Replies

• stahlight
    stahlight Posts: 119
    Options
    Just finished week 5, week 6 here I come!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I finished my 2nd round of week 1 last night... yeah I did week 1 twice, just a little out of shape :blushing:

Feeling good and ready to start week 2 on Sunday! :glasses:
  • Ruby53
    Ruby53 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the podcast today and I actually ran for the first time in years, it was really hard, especially when 3 young lads (running) were coming towards me when I was just about to run!!! embarrassed or what, but I got to the end and was very proud of myself, sort of looking forward to day 2!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 3 done! Increased my speed by 0.2mph again. Then added a couple minutes of sprints & an extra 5 minutes of running at the end. Bring on week 8!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I just started on Thursday. I hate running, but I have to admit that after a stretch and a shower, I felt fantastic, and I'm bummed I couldn't do day 2 today.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I just started on Thursday. I hate running, but I have to admit that after a stretch and a shower, I felt fantastic, and I'm bummed I couldn't do day 2 today.

HA! I knew you'd like the C25K. It's a super do-able program. It makes running easier!
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well I fell off the wagon. I am going to try to do week 3 day one tonight when I get off work. I was on week 2 when I quit...so we'll see how it goes...may have to redo week 2. Excited to be back!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm so frustrated. My foot is still hurting. My Dr. won't take an x-ray until next week because stress fractures don't show up right away in x-rays. :grumble:

I want to run so bad! :mad:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Ah, sorry iceprincess -- that stinks.

I slipped on some ice in the parking lot at work this morning and took a nasty (humiliating) spill. This is South Carolina -- since when is there ice to slip on around here? :tongue: Tried to break the fall with my hands as much as possible but still landed mostly on my left knee... on the concrete. Ouch. I'm scraped & bruised but I think that's the extent of it. It hurt for the first 5 minutes of my run tonight and then felt better. I apparently twisted my right ankle during the fall, though, because it was really starting to hurt by the 28th minute of my run.:ohwell: Luckily I take Tuesdays & Wednesdays off running because of my work schedule so hopefully I'll be all patched up by Thursday.

Regardless, Week 8 day 1 DONE! :drinker:

Now, time to ice my knee. And maybe my ankle, too. :frown:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    OUCH! Y'all take care of yourselves!!

I finished day 2 of my "custom" week 2... I decided to do 90 min walk and 90 min run instead of what they tell you. :glasses:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon Iceprincess. :flowerforyou:

I did day 2 tonight, still don't like running but I really do feel great after. Fair trade, I guess, I could only do stuff I enjoy and just feel bad to mediocre all the time.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    completed week 6 day 2!! It was hard, because I'm a little bloated, but I still managed :)
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    back on the wagon! I finished week 3 day 1 last night...it was a little tough since I didn't run for the last 2 weeks, but I managed to get through it!! I have been having a problem though where my calves cramp up really bad after running and it really hurts to stretch them or walk for a few minutes after I'm finished running. Any ideas on what I could do?
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    back on the wagon! I finished week 3 day 1 last night...it was a little tough since I didn't run for the last 2 weeks, but I managed to get through it!! I have been having a problem though where my calves cramp up really bad after running and it really hurts to stretch them or walk for a few minutes after I'm finished running. Any ideas on what I could do?

Make sure you're hydrated and consuming enough potassium. I'm sure there are other vitamin/mineral deficiencies that contribute to cramps as well.
    You also may want to be sure you're warming up properly. Maybe after a 5 minute brisk warm up walk it would help you to stop and stretch your calves & then walk 5 more minutes before you start to run.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    It looks like I'm back on the train! Yay!

Completed W7D1 last night and it was easy because I kept my mind distracted enough to ignore the treadmill display during the running portion. Woo hoo.
  • Angelindiego
    Options
    Count me in! My friend here at work told me about it. I downloaded the podcast to my ipod and I am ready for day 4 (which I think is the first day of the second week). I have never been a runner and am really excited about making this happen!!
  • splooshcar
    Options
    Sidetracked by foot pain last week and took a step back, bought some serious shoes, etc. Got back onto week4 last night.

I'm super-motivated by everyone's posts. Keep going. According to "Rob" of C25K site, most people drop out around week 4 or 5.
    http://www.c25k.com/finishing.htm

We're just about to the hump (except jlb123, she's a rockstar). :wink: Keep it up! You're awesome!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    So I moved on to week 5 Day 1. I did not finish the second interval but could have if I pushed forward. I had to slow down some. I hated doing it because I was already going slow but endurance is more important than speed at this point.

I agree with you splooshcar, I'm gonna finish... no matter how long it takes.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    :sad: Am I a bad person for putting off day 3 when I don't absolutely have to? My left knee's been bothering me but not that much.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    :sad: Am I a bad person for putting off day 3 when I don't absolutely have to? My left knee's been bothering me but not that much.
    You're not bad -- you're smart. I'd rest until my knee isn't hurting anymore. I pushed through the pain when I first started and all that got me is a whole lot more pain (and 2 weeks off running before I could start again).

I finished week 8 day 2 last night. Easy peasy. I ran pretty steadily at 4.0 (I always feel the need to explain that I have the shortest legs ever :laugh:). Then after my 28 minutes, I cranked the treadmill up to 6.0 & ran until I almost puked. :smile: Felt good (except for the whole nausea part). I can't wait to build up my speed so I'm running 5k at 5.0mph. That's my goal for my first 5K (I'm planning for one in May).